Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2023 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Rush-O-Matic, May 12, 2023.

1. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If he doesn't play 65% of snaps this year, Packers only get a 2nd round pick, interestingly.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

if he only plays 4 snaps, Packers still won the deal

3. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Losing a HOF QB after the most talked about trade of the season, after 4 plays on 9/11 against Buffalo is the most NY Jets thing ever.

God damn. I was genuinely looking forward to seeing this season unfold.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Except the Jets won, which I thought was great! I don't even like the Jets. But, after people seemed giddy that Rodgers was hurt (why?), I thought it was terrific. Robert Saleh's brother was in the South Tower when the second plane hit, but made it out safely. The whole experience made Saleh re-think his job in finance he had at the time, and he decided to pursue his dream of being a football coach. He quit his job, got hired as a defensive assistant at Michigan State, and has worked his way to the head coaching job for the New York Jets. When Gibson returned that punt for a TD in overtime, Saleh was in the end zone celebrating with him. Usually don't see the head coach in the end zone like that. It was a great monent, imo.

5. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Disagree. The injury wasn't a predestined outcome for this season.

Trading away a HOF QB who is still playing well for a 2nd round pick is not a win by any stretch.

6. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All I know is if Allen thinks I'm staying up late on a school night to watch that kind of game, he's got another thing coming. Christ.

7. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Official - torn achilles tendon for Rodgers.

Shades of Rookie Allen there. Forcing the ball places it doesn't belong and trying to do too much on busted plays instead of just living to play another down.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Good, fuck the Jets and fuck Rodgers.

Sincerely, Pats Fans.

9. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pats fans?

They still have fans?

Why?

Baffling.

10. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was for a swap of first rounds in 2023, a 2nd in 2023 and a possible 1st in 2024, which thanks to the injury will only be a 2nd. And if Love keeps playing like he did in the first game it was absolutely the correct move IMO.

11. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6 championships in 20 years was a hell of a run.

12. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel the same as a Dolphins fan.

13. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought he regressed at the end of last year. Apparently Daboll was able to keep his gun slinging tendencies in check and Dorsey can't.

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

So we can shake our head in disapproval during Aaron Hernandez documentaries.

15. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think you guys might be missing my point a little.

If I have a second car that's worth $10,000, and I sell it to someone for $5,000, and the new owner gets into a wreck within a week, that doesn't mean it was the optimal outcome for me. Even if it was the right choice to sell the car, and even if the new owner got poor value out of the purchase, it still doesn't mean it provided me the appropriate amount of return.

You judge a decision based on process, not outcome.

16. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I think my team, as a whole, looked happier than they have the last 2 seasons to hit the field. Can we strike QB gold 3 times in a row? I just don't know. It's highly unlikely but...never say never, especially when it comes to football. That's part of why I love it.

As for what happened last night, I give the team some props because they still put up a W. As mentioned above, their O-line was one of the biggest concerns. Sure the Packers one wasn't exactly stellar but it's better than theirs and not close to the coverage he's used to. I winced when he went down but didn't think it was the worst scenario. Why is it it's always the hits that don't look like much that do the most damage? Anyway, it sucks for the Jets and their fans. Did you see how many #8 jerseys where there last night? And of course it sucks for him. So he made what per snap then? Around 19 million? The Jets just keep Jets-ing.

17. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Or you think the car is worth $10,000 and no one else does. Which objectively means it isn't. I think the deal they got for a soon to be 40 year old QB was as good as they were going to get.

18. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It is a fact that Rodgers was worth at least a swap of picks, a 2nd and a 1st, since the Packers actually got that for him per your very post. So I'm not sure what you're arguing here; the value is in evidence.

This fluke injury meaningfully devalues what Green Bay receives in the trade. The Jets getting no use out of Rodgers does not make it a win for Green Bay. That's it. My only point with the analogy was that someone else's misfortune in the exchange doesn't make it better for you; Rodgers was not predestined to only play 4 snaps. The car was not predestined to get wrecked. The asset is not inherently less valuable just because the future outcome was poor.

19. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm saying they got far more than a 2nd round pick for Rodgers and it was as good a deal as they were going to get for a soon to be 40 year old QB.

I'm not agreeing with ROTN that somehow the Packers "won the deal" so to speak, I think it was fair value. The Jets knew he was an injury risk when they made the trade which is why they insisted on conditions for next year's pick.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

what is the value on getting read of a media and locker room headache?