Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2024 Dead Pool

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jan 3, 2024.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don’t know why I could watch a thousand hours of those pickers and pawn shows.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I couldn't. I kind of knew who the guy was from commercials, but I've never seen one episode of American Pickers. And, I watched a lot of TV.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

it's the male tv version of those real housewife shows -- mindless entertainment we know is fake but also we don't care

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, zero clue who he is, and have never watched the show.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It’s a cross between the show Hoarders and Antique’s Roadshow with a little cooked Pawn Stars haggling thrown in. Always fun exploring old barns and looking through old crap and finding a diamond in the rough. Their helper girl is cute too with her Rock-a-Billy vibe. Show is pure Americana. Type of stuff middle America gobbles up. Shows like this and Pawn Stars are low key the most watched shows on cable tv.

6. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I loved Pawn Stars because it offered a mix of interest across different topics. For example, they'd talk about how they authenticated something or why something was or wasn't valuable or rare. Then sometimes they'd delve into the manufacturing history or means of producing them to demonstrate why they were valuable. Then there would be some indication of the era, as to why this was a cool or important piece, and it'd feel as random as your local Goodwill, but cool enough for Vegas.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member