Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

3/10/17 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I believe so.
    oh yeah. Definitely.
    But he also had a mega hero Complex. Like he was SURE he was the hero these men were and just had never been given the chance.

He's also the guy who walks around in surplus store jackets wearing tapes and rank to "honor our veterans".
    And if he gets a discount...he's okay with that.

2. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So the kind of guy who would say if he was there 9/11 wouldn't have happened?

3. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not quite.
    The guy who saw the first plane and immediately left work because he knew before everyone else did that the world had changed and it was time to go to the grocery store and prep for whatever was next. 10 cases of water and some ammunition and some food, take that home. Then say "If I didn't live in Texas and didn't have an 8 year old boy I would TOTALLY go to NYC and help dig through the rubble".
    Or "I regret not joining the military, I would've been a great leader".

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Those stolen valor types fucking wierd me out. It's a certain level of fucked up not to have that mental limiter, you know shame, that prevents you from doing stuff like that. That documentary about that woman who faked being a 9/11 survivor is still one of the most fucked up things I've ever seen.

5. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If he wants to be a hero, there's plenty of time to go to a third would country and help assist with basic needs.

Or is he only a hero to Americans and thinking he'll be a hero where gets press for it? Like if he was on UA 11 he would've landed that plane and had the terrorists tied up, bound, and ready for the cops to take them.

I knew someone who was in the Aurora theater shooting, so this topic kind of annoys me. I've heard people say if just one person there was trained and had a firearm they could've stopped holmes. Nevermind is was a complete ambush and he had assault weapons and tear gas, never mind all that.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Or, Steve Rannazzisi (and his wife) lying about him escaping the first tower before the second plane hit.

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I meant what I said!

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah he was nationally famous which is crazy. I highly suggest the documentary. The woman became the head of the survivors council by spreading rumors and gossip to get the original head voted out. She was the face of the survivors at ground zero, leading tours.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I got to visit ground zero, middle of winter, cold as hell. They were still clearing out rubble. My wife was very pregnant and of course had to pee while we were going through the heavy security visitor line. Told a security guard what was up, they took us into the main security room for her to use their restroom and holy shit are those guys armed to the teeth. I kept getting weird looks until this guy about the size of a fire truck wearing a badge stood next to me while I waited then the looks stopped. Super nice, and holy shit to they take security seriously.

One of the most eerie experiences of my life. I've never felt so small standing where all that took place.

10. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It destroyed his career too. He was also in the first roast battle on Comedy Central and his opponent used that to utterly embarrass him the whole time. It was brutal. He had a Buffalo Wild Wings endorsement which was immediately pulled, too.

11. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh. No. He doesn't ACTUALLY want to do anything. He never did. He wants to SAY he WOULDVE done it BUT (fill in the blank for his excuses). It's just something to pat himself on the back for to try to soothe his ego that's damaged by a lifetime of failure, addiction, and mental illness.

It really is stolen valor, to a point. He didn't do anything and has no intention of it. He never says he did, but he also never corrects the assumptions people make when they see him. It's cowardice, bullshit, and nonsense.

12. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just put an offer in on a house that I probably can't afford. It has a huge number of superficial problems that I wouldn't mind fixing iteratively while living there, and the list price was 25% lower than any comps in the area. I expect to be significantly outbid, but I'm going to go throw up anyway.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Sometimes I have trouble trying to tell the difference between that movie from actual NASA stock footage. Of course, their space shuttles have smaller guns in real life.

15. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sounds great until you get the house and can't afford it

16. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The ultimate Armageddon question, is there sound in space? Hmmmm

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

For anyone who forgot about the last recession, this is why we can't have nice things.

18. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

My husband has been trying to find something to watch on Netflix for the last 30 minutes. This is why I should always have the remote.

19. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been rewatching Scrubs on Netflix and I'm close to the point of murder based on the number of iconic songs that have been replaced for the Netflix version because of licensing bullshit and the music industry being a bunch of greedy fucks.

20. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Don't try to watch Dawson's Creek. I couldn't even watch it because they changed the title song.

For those keeping track, he still hasn't turned anything on. He's searched Netflix, Hulu, and now he's on to HBO. I swear to everything holy that if he doesn't find something soon I'm going to get my headphones and listen to a podcast while I knit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.