Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

4/25/14 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok, weird, I made that post at like 10 this morning.

2. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

[​IMG]

3. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nothing serious is going to happen to Sterling unless all of the other owners agree to take action. They could refuse to schedule the Clippers or a bunch of other things that would make the team hemorrhage money. That isn't going to happen because they aren't going to want to set a precedent that punishes rich assholes for being assholes.

The quotes they keep showing confuse the hell out of me, though. He tells his girlfriend that it's fine for her to fuck black guys, but gets pissed off if she takes pictures with them. I don't follow that logic.

4. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I guess its like don't ask don't tell. He doesn't care if she hangs out with black guys, he just doesn't want to hear about it?

Another thing that makes the story shocking is that the photo was with Magic Johnson, its not like she was with some guy uncultured guy. Magic is one of the more charismatic, articulate people out there.

5. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that this the word that is used to compliment black people 99.9% of the time?

It's like it is the go to descriptor for successful black people. Maybe someone else wrote about this? Yup, just found it.

N.B.

6. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yea, thats bullshit Gravy, thats annoying that you would insinuate that about me in a passive aggressive manner. Being articulate is a compliment, and its not something I only say to compliment someone of a race different of mine. Ever hear Magic speak? That guy is genuinely well spoken.

I saw your rep and I'm not convinced that comment isn't some sort of passive aggressive jab at me.

7. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That wasn't my intention. Seeing the word just popped the issue into my head. If I wanted to call you out about it, I would have done so explicitly.

8. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

He might have a point.

#248 FreeCorps, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  9. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Honestly, what came to my head was "articulate for an athlete." I admit I stereotype athletes and whenever I hear one speak who is articulate, it surprises me a little.

It isn't because I don't think they are capable of being articulate, I think it is because I assume they've put their energies into other skills because being articulate isn't a necessity in their field. Kind of like models.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Assholes Finish First

I heard that he bought the team for about $15 million, and that it's now worth about $750 million. I don't think forcing him to sell is going to be much of a punishment.

I don't watch or care about the NBA at all, but since I like to listen to Mike & Mike and watch SportsCenter, it's hard to avoid when there are big topics like this. I hope the players keep their protests to off-court things, speak their minds and so forth. If they do something like refusing to play, I think they'll ultimately hurt themselves more than Sterling. The fans don't go to games or buy jerseys to support Sterling.

The best way the leauge and the players can punish Sterling is to allow the media to keep bringing up all the stuff in his past, like in that article from 10 years ago. I'm sure somebody will be able to make something criminal stick. Then he'll be burning cash to pay attorneys and have to sell the team. And, everyone will know he has to sell and he won't get max dollars.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Another one bites the dust.

So we had one of the project directors quit today. Second one in six months. We've also had two supervisors quit in the past 3 months. The owner was overheard telling one of the clients she is playing good cop bad cop with her brother* to weed people out. I think she's just a delusional bitch. It doesn't really surprise me this girl quit. She was too young to stick it out to build up some career momentum, she can start over pretty easily if she wanted.

*(who came in after the original partner she had quit)

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Stop having sex with your co-workers already!

13. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But, Magic?

I don't think race should be the issue here.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hmm, maybe if I sleep with the psycho whale owner she'll sell the company and move on too.

15. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

I for one applaud Kubla Khan's efforts to sleep his way to the top.

Back to Sterling, my guess is Silver this afternoon fines him the maximum amount(which I believe is 2.5 million) and suspends him "indefinitely" from all team operations. We'll see what happens at 2pm.

16. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Leadership makes all the difference when you're under pressure. Sounds like she's eventually going to sink her own ship.

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well the girl I did sleep with was technically my assistant (I would say secretary just to have that notch on my belt). The girl that quit today was above me. I did not sleep with her but would at the drop of the hat (and call her my boss to have that notch under my belt).

I'd say 60% of the stress and anxiety of the entire job comes from interacting with her psycho nature. Everyone does their best to avoid contact with her and hide problems and issues from her as to not face her wrath. Just bringing small issues to anyone's attention before they can become problems can earn you a good yelling in her office if she catches wind of it.

edit the third:

Im also taking off all next week to be in Florida. They hired an extra girl to train as a supervisor. The original day supervisor quit two days into trainer her last week. The owner did not want me coming in early to help get her up to speed. She knows nothing and has basically doubled my work load to cover shit she misses.

18. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Bomani Jones just straight blowing up this Sterling nonsense. Putting everybody who is acting all offended on blast. Love it.

#258 FreeCorps, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Yeah, I'd say its about time you throw a shot into her, maybe she'll sell the company toRichard Branson or something. Use the timely art of creepy 80's office seduction: unwarranted shoulder massages, skin-crawling grazes near the photocopier, perhaps the next time you bring forms into her office wearing no shirt. Subtle is the key.

20. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I say no pants. Go big or go home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.