Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

4/25/14 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Re: Sterling Silver

I know people that have gone into apoplexy at the mention of the NSA that are completely overlooking the fact that this conversation was illegally recorded. So do the ends justify the means or don't they? Because you can't have it both ways. You can't say privacy violation is only OK if you agree with it.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

She has some great lyrics. My favourite is:

"Doctor, can you make me look like a gross Korean woman with a camel toe large enough to swallow an Imperial star destroyer?"

...genius.

3. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The words "free speech" shouldn't be used in conjunction with this case, at all, ever.

Nobody's free speech is being violated. An asshole made it clear that he was an asshole and the privately owned and operated business associated with said asshole, along with some of said asshole's personal associates, are now trying to figure out what they want to do about it.

Everyone will have an opinion on whether it was okay he's getting nailed for a personal conversation, or why this was the tipping point when it's not really new behavior, or whether the response is reasonable or justified... but there is no violation of his free speech. There are some private citizens and a business deciding what to do about his perfectly legal free speech.

4. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Personally, this seems like the NBA wanted him out and they had public support to do it. Not to mention advertisers were starting to pull money. As well, the players were outraged.

Its like anything else though, follow the money. The money was moving away from the Clippers and the NBA finally had the momentum to get him out so they did. The fact that a private conversation is what did him in is shocking, but it was the last straw I guess.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The best though is people suggesting this was all an elaborate scheme by Magic Johnson, the same illuminati bankers buying put options on United Airlines before 9/11, and a gold digging skank, to force his way into buying the Clippers.

6. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Here's an article I found explaining the epic legal battle that's about to commence regarding Sterling:

<a class="postlink" href="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20140429/donald-sterling-nba-adam-silver-clippers-lawsuit-lifetime-ban/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/ne ... etime-ban/</a>

And yes, I agree with almost everyone else here, this is in no way a free speech issue.

7. Reifer

Reifer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I don't watch the NBA at all and have never heard of Sterling until this shit storm broke out, but after hearing his comments, it seems like karma is finally catching up with this guy.

That being said, I don't agree at all with how this all came to light. Didn't his girlfriend say she was going to "get even" or something along those lines? She baited his response in an illegal recording in a private setting and put it out for the world to hear. Upstanding citizen, that one is.

And lets be honest, if everything you've said in private over the last month was suddenly put online for everyone to hear, would you potentially have some issues from the fallout?

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You're going to get conspiracy theorists on this just like any issue. There's an easy way of handling conspiracy theorists: have them all killed, since they're boring, dumb and useless to begin with. I'm shocked Alex Jones and his Retard Army haven't blamed this on the Lizard People yet.

If rather not focus on HOW he's gone, and rather just happily accept THAT he's gone. Another in a long line of rich white man we all hope would just hurry up and die.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sir, I am offended by your back handed complement that is obviously racist and classist in suggesting all old white males are inherently rich.

10. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Indeed! You people have NO idea how hard it is for heterosexual white males who aren't inherently rich. It's a hard life.

11. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Apparently both the Clippers and Warriors were going to boycott the game last night. I'm assuming thats what compelled the league to do what they did.

12. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's the thing. The forced sale of the team will make this guy F'n millions. His wife will take a third, the gubmint will take a third, and he still walks away with $100-200 million on a $15 million investment. Not to mention what he's already made off the team. The point being, rich white asshole keeps being a rich old asshole and goes on to make more rich old assholes. True justice is him losing it all in a Ponzi scheme from another rich, white, old asshole.

According to his wiki page, the son, Scott, was gearing up to be another rich asshole brat until he O.D.'d.

I can only assume from this, ahem, sterling genetic line that his other two kids will carry the torch of rich cunt.

Oh, and the wife playing shocked and appalled?

[​IMG]

<a class="postlink" href="http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/28/donald-sterlings-wife-my-children-and-i-do-not-share-these-despicable-views/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... ble-views/</a>

13. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

I almost wish Sterling had gotten off with a slap on the wrist to see if this isn't just posturing after the fact. They sound like the skinny kid leaving the club bragging he could've totally kicked that bouncer's ass if he had kept pushing him. Ok champ.

14. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

I was thinking the same thing, it sounds like tough talk after the fact. The fact that everyone practically fell over themselves declaring what they coulda/woulda/shoulda/DIDN'T do minutes after Silver dropped the hammer is a little suspect.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Hindsight: making everyone a toughguy since the dawn of civilization.

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sterling's gold

Money he can use for litigation against the girlfriend for blackmail charges. I can't wait to see the Lifetime movie about this!

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Re: Sterling's gold

Starring James Brolin and Valerie Bertinelli of course.

18. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Sterling's gold

Look at the players involved. This can only happen to rich people.

Here's a rich, bigoted billionaire. His kid is a junkie, the other 2 probably something similar. The wife was bored enough to racially profile and intimidate tenants and impersonate federal workers in their multi-million dollar real estate business. The mistress is, ironically, a person of mixed heritage, who is also blowing this saggy old coot to the tune of $4million plus; then she gets the idea to blackmail him for even more. In the process she leeks a taste, no doubt called his bluff, because he thinks his money makes him invincible. He's so clueless, so conceited, he actually believes the things he thinks are harmless, normal. She might not get much more out of him, because what does he have to lose now.

Everyone involved is a piece of shit. It's kind of hilarious. Welcome to high society.

I am FASCINATED with sugar daddies and sugar babies though. It is quite literally having a modern day concubine. Wonderful.

19. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm glad the Free Speech OMG argument is getting shut down. The government isn't doing anything about this. Free Speech is being able to walk around calling people cunts, then not getting arrested for it. Free Speech isn't being able to walk around calling people and those people not being able to punch you in the mouth. He got punched in the mouth.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So some more job hunting advice is needed, sorry to interrupt the regularly scheduled outrage chit chat. I went to a recruiting agency about a month back since the last supervisor to quit found a pretty decent job through them. They don't seem to blanket your resume as today she called with only the second suggestion for a job.

While just about anything would be better than my current job she suggested a B2B customer service rep gig which would be a step down in the qualifications and duties departments for me . I researched the company a bit. She doesn't give me any companies' specific names (I guess so I don't go around her and apply myself), but I found it pretty quickly based on the brief description she gave me. She said the rep position wasn't listed publicly, and it isn't on their site or anywhere else Ive searched, but there was a associate brand manager position listed on their site that would be the exact type of job I am looking for. I think as far as qualifications I am six months shy of the 3 years experience they have listed for minimum qualifications. She had mentioned another spot at the company that the company had decided to fill internally, I know these listings can be for show, which Im guessing might be this brand manager job.

I am wondering how I should handle the situation. Ask her to enquire about the job for me? Apply myself? Not say anything to her but enquire about it in an interview and see what they say? I'd like not sully the relationship with my head hunter as I really could use all the help I can get. The secretiveness she shows when presenting potential companies to me during her kind of sales pitch for each job would lead me to believe bringing a different job to her attention might be seen as going behind her back, which applying myself definitely would. But I would really really like to apply for this job over the customer service rep job. I guess I could just take the lesser job and hope to move up eventually....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.