Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

4/25/14 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

It was a frustrating series to watch, that's for sure. The Avs had pretty much every break go their way in game one and they should've lost game five but got bailed out on a no-call by the refs. Then again, I hated how passively the Wild played at the end of game one so maybe that was the kick in the ass they needed.

Just hoping that if the Wild-Blackhawks series goes to 7 it won't need 3 overtime games to get there.

2. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They have no recall process for mayors. From my understanding, they've basically removed all of the decision making powers he had and turned them over to the city council, so he can't actually do anything anymore, but they also can't actually pull him out of office.

3. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So the city council basically has a big crack smoking buffoon for a mascot?

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hope he gets reelected and continues his escapades.

Is the city council or what ever governing body in Toronto drafting any sort of recall legislation? I mean fuck you'd think they'd be doing SOMETHING to prevent this type of situation from repeating itself.

5. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How is it I've only now discovered Parks & Recreation?

And I also hope Rob Ford gets reelected.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Don't consider that impossible. It's the city that elected Mel fucking Lastman. Twice. The guy he said while in Africa he thought he was going to be boiled up into a large cauldron and eaten. So, do not put it past the stupid old "live to work" fucks that clog up Toronto re-elect Ford.

I don't want him to win. I want him to be set on fire. If he could be given rabies, then set on fire and thrown off the CN Tower that would be the tits.

7. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

How dare you.

Unfortunately, no. First, because the likelihood of another Rob Ford is hopefully (dear God, please let it be hopefully) nearly implausible. As for why they haven't been able to get rid of him to this point, he hasn't been caught doing anything illegal. It isn't illegal to allude to your wife's vagina. It isn't illegal to drink alcohol to excess. It isn't illegal to have an "alleged" crack tape that never gets found. Especially if the circumstances under which it is obtained are illegal in and of their own right.
    Trust me, the cops want this guy in jail. But he's rich and has clever and powerful friends. Which is the only reason he's still sitting pretty.

8. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

New Orleans has about the most fucked up political landscape you can imagine. It was nice, though, to be able to point to Detroit and the crazy mayor they had and be able to say, "Well, we aren't that bad". Unfortunately they threw that guy in jail, so we we didn't have anyone else to laugh at. Until now. The (former) bottom of the barrel appreciates your efforts.

9. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It is pretty awesome. To quote my facebook status last week:

10. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My recipe:

Bombay Gin - fuck that measuring ounces bullshit, just fill whatever glass you're using.
    Open a bottle of Vermouth. Wave it over the gin. Close the bottle and throw it in the garbage.
    Toss in a handful of olives, enough to be equivalent to a healthy breakfast (hey, I'm writing this in the morning)
    Drink

It's that easy. Then, in a few hours, wake up, get off the floor, and have another.

11. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got into it late too. I'd venture to say it's the funniest show currently on television.

Archer has its moments, but it's hit or miss and thinks it's funnier than it actually is.

12. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At what age do your tastebuds desensitize to the point that martinis become delightful (which is why I've always hypothesized that old people crush straight liquor with ease even compared to younger people who drink comparatively way more often/more quantity)? I'm a huge gin fan, pour my homemade Tanqueray/Hendricks and tonics well over half and half, but still can't get to sipping it chilled and, more or less, straight in a martini. Its still brutal.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Martinis taste like someone juiced clumps of damp cat litter into a glass and added a garnish, in no way are they tasty. The only thing that should be served in those glasses is a Manhattan.

14. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

Since they are a whiskey distillery, they replace the gin with wheat vodka. Excuse me, I mean "three bitches" wheat vodka. Here is their recipe:

Dirty Bitch Martini
    A true classic.

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
    3.5 oz Three Bitches Wheat Vodka
    1 oz Olive Juice
    .5 oz Dry Vermouth

DIRECTIONS:
    Chill your martini glass with ice while you pour the vodka, olive juice, and dry vermouth into a cocktail shaker half-filled with cracked ice. Shake well and strain into your chilled martini glass. Garnish with four large stuffed olives. Add a a twist with a few cocktail-pearl onions.

My intent isn't to get drunk, but I haven't drank in a while and I've always been a lightweight. So one or two should do it. I'll have to pace myself.

15. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That and 'Legit'. I think season 2 is funnier than season 1. But Parks and Rec is consistently funny.

16. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

In for supporting Mr. Ford's re-election campaign. And if he does, I hope that SOMEONE wises up and makes his time in office into a reality series. Rob Ford's Canadian Hijinks!

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

A great alternative to a dirty martini is drinking that shit turkey vultures spit at you when you get too close.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Manhattans are great, but Daqs go in that glass too and I love me some Daquiris. Especially now that the weather is warming soon and soon I'll also have mojito mint.

19. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

We do have some that cross the street around here. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

20. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I find the Moscow Mule to be quite refreshing for a summer drink. As long as the ginger beer is nice and spicy, you can't go wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.