Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

4/25/14 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

eh. I'd still eat them. Maybe.

The Husband and I went to MiniMe's baseball games today - brother and his daughters and wife came out to watch. My nieces are playing soccer for the first time, so they were kicking the ball around with my brother and The Husband. The Husband has played soccer most of his life...but I've never seen him play. He was, and still is, extremely athletic, and that's one of the things I have always loved about him.

I hate soccer.

I'd totally watch him play soccer, then boof his brains out when we got home. Yum.

2. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Macarons is one of those things that I don't get the hype about. They look very pretty and dainty and cute and taste styrofoamy.

3. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I played soccer for a couple of years until it became very clear I was a lot better at just running than kicking a ball, so that's when I went out for track. Is one any worse or better than the other? I dunno.

Angel do they at least taste good?

4. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You gotta get them from... well, I know I'll be accused of snobbery here, but you gotta them them in France. There are fancier bakeries and less fancier bakeries, but North America just doesn't do macarons. Especially when we try to make them in such ridiculous flavours as peanut butter and jam.

5. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For me it's the athleticism. The Husband is an exceptional athlete...baseball, football, soccer...hell even as big as he is, when he's rock climbing it's athletic and strong and his footwork is pretty impeccable. So yeah. Athletic and skilled men? Moist panties.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

One thing they share is that your have to be a top-notch runner to excel in either. Track is something most people lose interest in after school, while guys play soccer until they have a coronary on the field or are killed by their own fans.

7. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I continued weightlifting hard a few years into college but the distance running was something that didn't last quite as long. It's a lot easier to lose interest when you aren't competing, at least for me. Now it's my dog that keeps me pounding pavement but we don't go too far at a time, no more than three miles or so.

8. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good boudin is one of the best things I have ever eaten. Soft, spicy, unctuous, melts in your goddamn face hole. I bought some from Cochon Butcher in New Orleans to take home with me (look at that fucking menu). It was the best sausage I ever had. Hell, that whole deli is a bastion for charcuterie, a veritable wonderland of pig preparations. They have this braised 5 spice pork belly sandwich with homemade pickles which is just crazy. But anyway I have never attempted to make boudin myself. Here are a couple that look legit. Personally, I'd go with Emeril's just because the dude made his bones with that kind of thing.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/boudin-sausage-recipe0.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emer ... cipe0.html</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nolacuisine.com/2012/04/16/boudin-recipe/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nolacuisine.com/2012/04/16/boudin-recipe/</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://frombellytobacon.com/2011/03/08/boudin/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://frombellytobacon.com/2011/03/08/boudin/</a>

Shit can we talk about Cochon Butcher more? I have such a love affair with this place. It is exactly the kind of deli a town deserves. I need this place in my life, everyday. Fucking obsession is not a strong enough word. This is probably my number 1 recommendation. I don't care what you do in New Orleans, but you have to go there.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Mmm Hmm. Distance running is either a zen-escapist hobby, or a speed bump if you're not competing. Weightlifting, we can pretty much do it until we die. I like it, so it doesn't feel like work. Running feels like work to me, and I can only go light still to boot. To each their own.

10. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Boudin sounds heavenly up until that whole "liver" part. I don't know if I'll ever warm up to it.

My girlfriend and I have reservations for a place here called Butcher and the Boar coming up soon. I don't know if their restaurant or bar gets me more excited. Looking at the menu makes me go like this:

[​IMG]

Every once in awhile you have to treat yourself. Having a birthday helps too.

Jogging a couple of miles? Eh, no problemo. Running over 10 or doing a mile in under 5:00 again? Fuck that noise.

Weightlifting was really just a vanity thing while I was in college, stayin' jacked for the ladies. I could get back into it but don't have the time or interest anymore since I manage to keep in shape well enough now.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I am nervous about tomorrow because I have a skype interview. You get better at interviews the more that you do them and I have not had many in my life. I really hope my bowels can hold in the nervous case of IBS that is sure to erupt. Hold me.

12. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love weightlifting. I have an embarrassing number of Instagram pictures of me weightlifting.

Fuck running.

13. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

#113 JoeCanada, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I also presently have 2 kittens in a trash can from a feral momma cat at my friend's apartment complex. "For hating cats, you sure do bring home a lot of kittens."

Yeah...that sums it up.

15. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Um, are they alive? You better make sure they are out of the view during your interview. That could get interesting. Actually there could be much worse things than a couple of cute kittens making a surprise cameo.

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Oh yeah, they are. It is just the thing that I use to store animals that I am hanging onto overnight. It usually is reserved for paper recycling but these days it more often has animals. It's a small office type trash can but tall enough that nothing can get out. A couple weeks ago it had some possums and in Hawaii it had a kitten. There's a pair of kittens in there now. It was a real bitch getting the grey one out from under my driver's side seat but I finally got the little bastard into the trash can.

17. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The whole dead or alive thing kind of changes the tone of your story.

My grandpa keeps a plastic 55 gallon drum around their farm like that but for snapping turtles. Then they get relocated to Turtle Heaven and the neighbor eats them.

18. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Turtle soup is the shit although cleaning said turtles sucks.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

How do you kill a snapping turtle? Bullet or blunt trauma? Those bastards are the junkyard dogs of the wetlands.

I would want an even fight. I throw my switchblade into the ground and we dive for it.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I would eat turtle. There isn't much I wouldn't try once. Plus, turtle bowls are just plain cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.