Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

4/29/16 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yea its not America's Finest City. My friend showed me the best it has to offer and there are some ok parts but those are kind of few and far. We were in the downtown area Sunday and literally restaurants were closed because no one is there on the weekends, felt like a ghost town. The city seems really mismanaged. My friend lives in a really nice part, Hudson. Its a quiet well off suburban town. Most of the city is rotting and because of how mismanaged things are, I don't see that changing anytime soon. What they need to do is consolidate the nice parts and allow them to grow but because of how spread out they are they all fizzle out at some point and stay as a small island in a sea of meh.

Best part of the weekend. We went and saw a AAA baseball game in Akron. When I was getting beer one younger vendor saw I was from Colorado and literally asked, "what the fuck are you doing here?", seemed like she had no idea why someone would visit Akron.

2. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've seen McCartney (3x), Waters and the Rolling Stones. All three are amazing live shows. I don't really enjoy going to concerts much any more because the production on these shows was so amazing. Watching a normal show now makes me yearn for more. I want great music, and amazing stage show and pyro.

I would rather kill myself than listen to Bob Dylan or Neil Young.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I've seen the Stones four times. Mick is THE frontman. Only Rob Zombie and Deborah Ostrega had more energy on stage. 70 years old and runs end-to-end on the stage like a coked-up cheerleader. The guy is a fucking God.

4. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

#84 CanisDirus, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
  5. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sitting on a squat toilet and still having trouble with some incidental contact would be quite a feat. I'd have to roll it up and keep it in a pouch to avoid dragging on the ground when I walk.

6. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just feel bad for the poor janitor that has to clean up the urinal you apparently shit in.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Mike Polk who founded Phat Phree made those awesome videos. He's from Cleveland nobody but him roasts that dismal city better:

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Not getting political, but this is hilarious. Ted Cruz elbowing his wife in the face:

[​IMG]

Or whatever the hell is happening here:

[​IMG]

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The second one is his (I think) daughter being pissed off at him. Why I don't know, probably for existing.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Well that makes way more sense then. I thought it was some random girl. I was cringing so hard I almost shattered my skeleton.

11. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's even worse than the glorious "handshake" with Fiorina after they announced her VP candidacy. I love how the first term Google suggests after entering "cruz fiorina" is "hands" followed by "handshake." Ouch.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Picture day for the football team, usually late July or early August, often on a two-a-day practice. One senior dares another senior to flash his wang during the picture so he does. Nobody notices or says anything. 9-10 months later, presumably, the school yearbook comes out with the team photo, and no editor or teacher has noticed through the process. Yearbooks begin distribution with exposed wang. Oops. Turns out, when you're 18 and a lot of the people around you aren't, you can't just hang your wiener out.
    http://www.totalprosports.com/2016/05/03/football-player-arrested-flash-dong-yearbook-photo/

According to the total charges, it seems the exposure was for all the kids present for the picture. I didn't turn 18 until after I was in college, but does that mean all the guys on our team, who were 18 and showered in front of me after football practice, could've been charged with indecent exposure? Are 18 and older students segregated in the showers these days?

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm disappointed on how much wang is actually visible in that picture.

14. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I bet you are...

15. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Where did you hang out? I dont disagree with some of your points. But Ive spent quite a few weekends visiting friends there and it can actually be a really fun city. Granted, this is compared to other midwestern, non-Chicago cities, not against NYC or Austin or stuff like that. But fuck Akron, that place is a cesspool.

The things that make Cleveland fun to visit are what would make living there annoying, when it comes to going out. West 6th or W 25th in Ohio City are really fun strips of bars...but its just a strip. And I can imagine that would get old. And mismanaged is a correct call. Look at the Flats. An up and coming converted industrial area that they completely fucked up the development and marketing of that went from promising to shitty in a couple years.

The burbs are still extremely nice, much like you can see in Detroit. Cleveland used to have Standard Oil, aka it was the oil and railroad hub of the US around 100 years ago, and A LOT of money is still around, just not in the city proper. One of my friends from college lived in a town that had a top 10 wealthiest zip code in the US for awhile.

Also, you'll laugh, but while fatties and quinticesstial midwestern atrocities are all over, in the more upper middle class, young professional bar areas, Cleveland has some of the most unexpectedly attractive women of any city I've seen. You go to Miami, LA, NY...you expect to see 10s everywhere. I went to a Cavs game and then a newer bar and I was shocked at how many legitimately gorgeous girls were around.

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, now the guy is arrested and facing charges, and his attorney's best shot may be the "It's so small, you can't even see it" defense. He will of course, try and blame the editor, teachers, and coaches, who will respond "we didn't even notice it." Should get him some nice nicknames heading to graduation.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Don't you just loved our repressed, pussy-whipped Western culture who scream like sissy girls and demand kids get thrown in jail because they saw pee-pee parts? Whoever let this get as far as it did is a stupid twatbag.

18. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In the late 90s a buddy and I went to Cleveland to see a game at Jacobs field - great place to see a baseball game. That night we went down to the Flats and were shocked at how awesome it was. Some good restaurants, tons of bars and clubs with hot women hitting on us, girls in very short dresses dancing on balconies - it had a very Mardi Gras feel to it. What a blast. I can't believe they couldn't make that work long term.

19. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of my older sisters lives in Cleveland. Why? Well that's where my brother in law's lucrative job is located.

Last year we went out there and visited at the same time as the Twins Days Festival in Twinsville, right outside Cleveland. I am used to being around one set of twins thanks to my sisters but wow was that a weird show. Twins everywhere... and then all of the triplets, holy shit.

So yeah that's what we did for fun in Cleveland... get creeped out by freaks of nature, and shoot pellet guns in my sisters backyard. Good times.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

For me Cleveland is the R&R hall of fame (which I adored) and Nine Inch Nails. Oh, and Major League. Awesome movie.

I've been to other Ohio cities too. Like Dayton, which simply driving through was awful. Everything about that place seems awful.

My wife and daughter are going to that special zoo in Colombus in a couple weeks. Know nothing about the town, what's it like there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.