Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

4/29/16 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As an identical twin I find that kind of exploitation insulting and shocking in these modern times. Kidding. Can't imagine what kind of freaks would want to participate in that. My brother and I can't even wear the same colored shirt when we're around each other and are going out let alone do a twins day thing. My friends mom told me that the people who go there actually hookup and all sorts of weird shit.

2. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's a town that really has something for everyone. The zoo is out in one of the suburbs though, so you're not real close to any of the major touristy type of places, but it's also not a major haul either. (Think about 20 minutes to the closest major mall for your wife and daughter.) If they're coming for the zoo, they might also be interested in checking out COSI, it's the city's big science center downtown. Also, just getting down to Ohio State campus and just walking around this time of year is always fun. Depending on when they're coming into town, it might be right after graduation, so there wouldn't be too many students still on campus crowding it up. If you're looking for some specifics, or want some recommendations of things in that area of town, hit me up.

3. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dayton, Toledo, Akron, and Youngstown don't count. They are all depressingly garbage towns with varying levels of suck. I prefer Cleveland to Columbus, but Columbus is super hot right now. Jdoogie can describe it better than me I'm sure. Columbus feels newer while Cleveland feels more ethnic and neighborhood-y.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Actually that's perfect. Science Centres she absolutely loves.

5. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I just wanted to say to our Canadian friends here I truly hope you're all ok as well as any loved ones and pets. What a terrible disaster for everyone, including the land and wildlife.

6. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The baseball stadium in Akron was nice, fairly new, amazing beer prices, $22USD for 72ozs of beer, maybe the cashier rang it up wrong. Tickets were $11 for behind homeplate first row, insane. I had a good time. We also got two bobble-heads which worked out great because my friend has twin nephews who are three. Aside from that the city looked worn out and tired. My friends sister is getting married at the Goodyear estate or whatever in June. Beautiful property for sure, but its hard to ignore the decay around it

7. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I dunno, man. Sounds like a great place to go to scratch "twins" off of my bucket-list. Or fuck-it list, if you will.
    [​IMG]

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Today I received an application from a lady who misspelled her own name.

Her name was "Monica."

She forgot the "a."

I did not hire her.

9. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This popped up pleasantly on my news feed. It's awesome.

In other news, a hell of a thunderstorm just ripped through here, poured down furious rain like it was a bull pissing on a flat rock and hammering thunder rocked the world below it. Then it was an hour later and it was all gone. Fucking North Idaho.

10. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, yeah, but that's just because she was black, right?

11. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So the Ohio breakdown goes kind of like this:

Cleveland - Fun to visit for a weekend in the Spring/Summer as there's enough fun touristy things to do to keep you distracted for a few days from the reality that the city really is getting by on it's "At least we're not Detroit" mantra.

Akron - The city is like a mansion that was built back in early parts of the 20th century that used to be the envy of the whole area but now has been passed down to a bunch of meth heads that think if they repaint the walls every 10 or 15 years suddenly people will forget that there are bags of garbage and shit lying all over the floors. But, hey! LeBron has a house here!

Youngstown - There's a reason this is the most requested city in America to have an episode of COPS filmed in. And there's also a reason why the city's police department refuses to ever let them film here.

Toledo - The place just smells "off". Whether it's from all the industrial run-off that's dumped into Lake Erie causing massive algae blooms or the fact that it's located so close to Michigan is hard to tell.

Dayton - You looking to score some pure quality heroin? Well than, have we got a deal for you! Also, for some reason the NCAA insists on playing it's shittiest tournament games here every year.

Columbus - The only real "normal" city in the state. Unless you aren't a fan of diversity. Due to all of the imports to the university as well as a few Fortune 500 companies having a major presence in town you'll run into people of every background. Columbus is so equally diverse that we're often the test market for just about any fast food idea before it goes national. Right now McDonald's is using Columbus as its primary test market for a couple of new Big Mac styles. So if you want to die of obesity and/or heart complications, we can help with that.

Cincinnati - First, if you're not from Ohio, you don't know how to spell the city's name correctly. Secondly, while not as bad as Cardinals fans, they think their baseball team is a national treasure even though they haven't been relevant since the 90's. Also, half the residents are transplants from Kentucky, so the median IQ is hovering around 65.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

My grandparents live in Burton, OH and they're not Amish. My Uncle and cousins live in Euclid. I dont mind Ohio, the drive from Boston is a fucking bitch though.

13. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe she was drunk. I misspelled my own name to a cop once.

14. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll be making the drive from Columbus to Boston in September. I'm not looking forward to this at all. The only positive is I'm making some plans to take some scenic detours to hit up a few New England breweries I've always wanted to visit.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Some ones to hit -

-Harpoon
    -Two Roads Brewing
    -Trillium
    -Jacks Abby
    -Downeast Cider

Some ones to skip -

-Sam Adams
    -Cambridge Brewing Company

And depending on how far north you plan to go, Portland is 90 minutes away, but has a large concentration of breweries in the same geographic acre.

16. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've actually been to the Harpoon one before the first time I ever went to Boston. Awesome tour for only $5, plus you got ~20 minutes in their secret tasting room during the tour where you can sample a bunch of brewery only styles.

The big two that were on my list are both a bit of a drive from Boston, but if I can swing it I want to try and hit up Treehouse Brewing in Monson and The Alchemist up in Vermont. Definitely will be hitting up Trillium too.

17. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I once drunkenly told a cop my last name is Sanchez. I'm about lily white as it gets.

18. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You can't visit the Alchemist. I learned that during a trip to Vermont last year. It is closed to the public now. If you are trying to pick up a case of Heady, you have to be at the right liquor store at the right time.

If you want to meet up with weird internet beer people, hit up the Hoof Hearted release closest to your trip and bring as much with you as you can. People are going crazy for that shit right now.

19. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh man, I won't even get into the whole Hoof Hearted situation. Not sure if you heard or not, but they've had to start selling tickets to their releases because people were showing up at like 8am and just sitting around drinking brought in beers for hours before the place even opened. All of their beers lately have seemingly fused into the same heavily unfiltered style and they all look like you're drinking pulpy orange juice.

But good to know about the Alchemist; that will definitely save me a trip. I was also considering driving up to the Maine Brewing Company as well.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Well if youre going to go to Freeport, then definitely stop at Industrial Way in Portland, theres 6 breweries within 250 feet of each other. Allagash, Bissel Brothers, Foundation, and a few others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.