Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

4/8/16 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Apr 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That makes me laugh, the good thing is it is on Monday so I have until Thursday night to shake the hangover. I am going to get a hotel room a 5 minute walk from the venue because you know cougars like them some hotels. I will just need a bottle of grey goose, some drugs and some lube.

edit: not like roofies you sickos, good drugs like coke, vicodin etc.

2. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think anyone has confirmed that Axl will be fronting AC/DC. Also, AC/DC isn't opening for GNR. If they were touring together, it would literally be the biggest tour ever.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

OK there @Angel_1756 ... spill it...

4. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

5. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

That's kind of awesome.

Ugh, $25/hour is pretty sweet for a 15 year old in the 90s. I think I was babysitting for like $8/hour. And, there's no way (at absolutely any point of my life) I've ever been perky enough to be a clown.

6. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

7. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's not being insensitive if I set up an office betting pool focused on when my co-worker who is traveling to India will inevitably shit his pants, right?

I picked 5 days into the trip, FYI.

8. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm actually heading to India a week from Saturday for work, and its a real fear. However, from my Dad who has been there 15+ times and others, there are a couple of hard and fast rules:

1) Unless you're in a nice hotel, ONLY eat cooked food. Nothing fresh or raw, not fruit, not cheeses, etc...

2) Drink bottled water only, and even with stuff like soda, make sure you get the unopened can or bottle so you can watch it open.

3) Bring a heavy duty preventative intestinal antibiotic. Just in case, you start to fill iffy, bam, kills it dead.

Unfortunately for those who love Indian food, its not a country where you go to a great hole in the wall spot and get amazing food. If you are careful, you're usually fine. My mom has traveled 3 times and never had an issue. And the only times my Dad has gotten sick was doing dumb shit like eating guacamole with clients or eating Dominoes at the home of a former rep (why eat something that is 50-50 for destroying your stomach in the US...in the 3rd world).

Between food paranoia, people shitting in the streets, and abject poverty and beggars overrunning you as soon as you leave the airport, I'm not overly excited for the trip, despite what an "experience" everyone likes to tell me it will be.

9. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

The nurse who gave me Twinrix at the travel clinic had a good rule of thumb: If you can peel it, you can eat it.

10. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have made it very clear to my boss that if he ever tries to send me to the Bangalore office I will quit on the spot.

11. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    When I went to Thailand I used bottled water to brush my teeth too. Don't trust anything that involves tap water. That includes fountain drinks and ice cubes....thus the reason for a sealed can or bottle of anything.

12. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's all well and good and if I ever have to go to India, (or more likely in my position, the Philippines) I will take all of your guys' advice. However, we WANT this guy to shit his pants. So I will be sending him all of the tips posted here; just completely opposite of what you actually said.

13. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Random countries I've eaten in:

- Indonesia in the 90s, when it was REALLY remote.
    - Uganda
    - Morocco
    - Greece (only the islands are nice. Main land is basically the Middle East).
    - Jordan
    - Dubai

I ate local food in all these places. Never once had an intestinal problem, ever. The only concession I will make, though, is water. Only drink liquid that you yourself opened, and remember to wipe the bottle before you drink. Extends to anything that goes in your mouth, including brushing your teeth.

If you eat the food the locals eat that they are accustomed to cooking you'll likely be fine. If you try to eat knockoff western food that they're producing, well, good luck to you.

14. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can recall brushing my teeth with tap water just once in Brazil and think that is what led to me enjoying the Wild Brazilian Jungle Flu as I called it for a week. It was rough.

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Isn't technology awesome? Does anybody else have The Hopper with Dish? I just saw this clip:
    http://www.tvguide.com/videos/embed/the-goldbergs-exclusive-sneak-peek-erica-rush/

I've never heard of The Goldbergs, but that sounds like Patton Oswalt narrating, whom I like. And, it's a Rush nerd in the video, so for some reason, I can relate. Anyway, I won't be at my house tonight until after this show is airing. So, I just opened the Dish app on my phone, and in like 5 seconds, set it to record.

16. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not so fast. Thats often the problem. They have wildly different immune systems and stomachs. Their cleanliness standards for themselves and their food is often quite different, so eating like them is often how you destroy your stomach.

17. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've read it's mostly the fact that very little of the water is clean to drink because cholera still exists there. People have designated shitting streets in India, and remember that there's places where people are still superstitious or just ignorant of soap. If you want to get him sick, let him lick an indigenous person's fingers. Or, y'know, booby-trap his water with contaminated water while he's not looking.

[Relevant clip is at 2:57 or so]

18. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

India felt that it needed UNICEF India to make this advert/music video about crapping in the loo, as opposed to on the beach or in the designated crapping roads. Take this for what you will.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

India is kind of fucked up that way... this is a REAL THING that Unicef is pushing to try and educate people so that they would stop shitting in the streets.

Personally, I have absolutely no desire to ever visit the place.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nettdata and CanisDirus - Twinsies!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.