Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

4/8/16 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Apr 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I responded too soon? Sorry, but I pride myself on being responsive. Like a nipple in a cold room.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Manziel was a passenger in a hit in run. Because of course he was.

Aggies are the shit stain in the underpants of Texas. I thoroughly enjoy watching this guy trip over himself in public every few weeks. And they'll still probably build a bronze statue of him in College Station.

4. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Li'l Bandit showed this to me today, and I gotta say: They did a pretty good job editing it.

In other news, I've been teaching him how to drive standard in my Trans Am. He's getting pretty good at it; he hasn't burned up the clutch, and I don't need a neck-brace.
    I want to get this out of the way ASAP, because next week I have to get a breathalyzer put on it. If you've never used one of those before, it takes a really long time to start the car, and I don't want our asses to be stalled in the middle of traffic while we wait 30 seconds for the machine to analyze the breath specimen.

5. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I feel like crap today. I don't know if it's allergies or a cold or what but it's pissing me off.

I think I'll make a Whisky Sour and take a shower. Between the Crown and the lemon juice, surely it will cure me.

6. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am currently writhing on the floor while rolling my quads.

The Husband is openly laughing at me. I may hit him.

7. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I'm cured! Temporarily anyway. Forget Shower Beers™, Shower Whisk(e)y Sours™ are where it's at.

The hot steam from the shower may have contributed to the cure as well as the liquor but I'm going to have another drink to make sure.

8. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's this one, too. Really weirdly good.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

*And posting on TiB while doing so. You got skills.

10. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you followed my snapchat you'd see me crying. It was awful.

11. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My next door neighbor growing up loved Mmbop by Hanson cause he thought the lead singer was super cute. Almost 20 years later, bringing it up sets him off into a defensive rage. Its hilarous.

Borns is amazing. Really catchy stuff and hilarious cause its sounds like some sort of Scandinavian synth pop but its a dude from Grand Rapids. One of my fav of his songs popped up in an episode of Girls which is making a comeback but, regardless of content, has had a FANTASTIC soundtrack.

12. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Uh, are you teaching him to drive your car so he can use your breathalyzer?

13. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

His logic is flawless. Now when they get pulled over, it's his 11 year old son driving and not him.

The kicker is, umbeknownst to him, his son currently has an outstanding warrant for running a meth lab out of a storage room in his elementary school.

So the cop gets a two for one, they crush his Trans Am into a cube, and he's back in jail drawing cartoon pussy for other inmates to avoid gang rape.

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Still beats killing someone while drunk driving.

@Dcc001 How did this happen, was it in person? And did they rip her off through her checking/savings account or a credit card? I cant imagine CA fraud protection is much different that the US. If the bank isnt helping you, I would report it immediately to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre and definitely report it to the RCMP right away as a criminal matter.

15. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

I think we're all getting old and don't realize it. Dixie, isn't Lil Bandit something like 17 or 18 now? Jesus time flies.

16. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

How my mother was scammed:

- Her "bank" phones at 8am. They alert her to suspicious activities on her account. She confirms that no, she has not bought clothes on ebay for $237.33 or transferred any money to an Andrew [Our Surname] in China. They agree with her, tell her that they've placed a hold on her credit card and ask her to verify security questions to proceed.

The problem is that ^ that was all a lie. They were fakes who had gotten hold of her account info, a fake name/badge/ID number from her bank and when she "verified" her personal data it gave them the information they needed to take over her accounts.

- They then "involved the RCMP", again with an officer name and badge number, and told her they suspected the security breach was an employee at her branch here in town. They asked her to go down to the branch, withdraw the money that had been placed in her account and report back to them because they wanted to arrest the employee. What she did not know is that the money in her account labelled "RCMP Fund Transfer" in the amount of $6k was in fact her own money, transferred over from her credit card.

- Here's where it gets to the "bullshit" part that I wish I'd known while it was happening. They asked her to wire some of the money to X account via Western Union, because it was to "repay the fraudulent charges" that had already gone through and they had stopped. She did as they requested, sending two separate wires for about $2500.

This is when I was on phone with her and once I understood that had happened, I went nuts. I drove straight to her house, took the phone out of her hand, hung up on the thieves and called the RCMP, the OPP and the local police.

Now here are her problems:
    - She's out $2500. The bank says they can reverse all charges and transfers, except for the cash she sent at their behest.
    - Her computer is totally compromised.
    - They have her identity and confirmation information, meaning we have to freeze EVERYTHING, including her SIN number via the credit agencies.

The last two things are what really concern me.

They were sophisticated and smooth, and she is elderly and trusting. It's really sad.

EDIT: the police officer told her to fight that decision at the bank. She has a meeting today at 10am, and she's going to champion hard for her case. The bank's policy is that they won't reimburse cash that's been withdrawn from the account. The shitty part is that the ACTUAL loss prevention department tried to intervene, but because she thought she was already talking to them, they were overridden.

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I would consult an attorney, this is a criminal matter and the police should be assisting you. Just keep escalating. Whats the equivalent to a State's Attorney office in CA? I would reach out to them too. Scams on elderly people result in bad press for banks, especially when $2500 is a huge amount to her and peanuts to them. The Bank's loss prevention probably wont help, they're interested in their own loss prevention, not their customer's. But they should have a Financial Investigative Unit or something similar.

You are right to be proactive in getting her personal information changed immediately. I wouldnt be too concerned about credit card agencies though, they typically have excellent credit fraud services and will usually credit your account as a courtesy while they perform an investigation if any fraudulent charges occur.

18. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Some folks tried pretty much the same thing with my aunt. They had all her banking information and told her there was a fraudulent charge to Publisher's Clearing House....she was just about to give them all her personal information when I grabbed the phone from her and demanded to know what the fuck was going on, some Indian on the other end of the line stammered and hung up.

I called the bank and they didn't seem overly concerned that someone had all her banking information and was calling an elderly woman with Alzheimer's, so I figured I'd try one of the local news channels who love to report on new scams. They just told me "It happens all the time. It's a good thing you were there."

There's a special place in hell for those cocksuckers that prey on the elderly.

19. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lately I have been getting calls from strangers in my area code saying they had a missed call from my number. As far as I can tell some scammer is spoofing my number on the caller id, and there's nothing I can do about it.

20. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    He's been a busy boy.

Johnny Manziel Accused of Trashing West Hollywood Mansion He Rented During Party

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.