Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

6/17/16 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RVs just make me think of Uncle Eddie. "You see that there Clark??".

Sedona is surrounded by some incredible scenery and is also home to the highest concentration of healing crystals and homeopathic whacko shops per capita in the USA- at least that's my guess. I wish we spent more than two days there when we visited last year.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

You mean Cousin Eddie? Jesus dude.

3. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really am scared for the people who would pay to do this. Why not just stay in a hotel and go and visit the parks during the day instead of staying in a crappy parking lot? There is no logical reason for low rent RVs to exist. The big ones, yes they're amazing, definitely.

RV lot.jpg

4. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dammit. Yes Cousin Eddie.

"Camping." To be fair, at least that means you can wake up and be right there all day versus having to drive and visit.

5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Well, to be fair....you notice that the trees have no leaves? It's winter and yet the grass is green. Those folks are probably like 75-80 years old and just escaping something like this:

montreal-plateau-street-snow.jpg

6. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Top Gear had a great episode about caravans (RV'ing in Brit). Actually they have several. Because Rv'ing is terrible and everyone who does it should be sterilized. At the very least an RV should be filled with firearms and liquor and probably hookers and blow for good measure.

"What do you actually do on a caravan holiday?... First we tried the local pub."

7. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Or maybe its spring and they're trying to beat the crowds to the parking lot where they can shit in their car.

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RV's are great for football tailgate parties, though. TV for other games, bathroom while the other suckers are pissing in the woods or getting their girlfriends to make a circle, bed for drunken napping. You people obviously went to colleges with shitty football teams.

Also, when I was in high school, the only way to buy concert tickets was through SEATS, which was a pre-Tickemaster company. The SEATS location was in the mall, and you had to wait until a specific mall door opened at 8:45 a.m., sprint to the desk in the middle of the mall and cross your fingers. We went to get Rush tickets one time and showed up at like 7:00 a.m. The line was already 25 people deep. So, the next time (John Cougar Mellencamp), we decided we were going to be first no matter what. My buddy's grandfather had an RV. Somehow (wtf, grandpa, how did we pull this off?), he convinced him to loan it to us. We drove to the mall parking lot with two girls and stayed there all night. (On a school night. Again, I have no idea what lies we all told to pull this off.) We were first in line! Although, hilariously, the second group in line didn't show up until about 8:00 a.m. the next morning, but whatever.

tl;dr RV's are awesome.

9. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Somewhere, in this world, there are two grown women who fondly look back on their crazy high school days, like the time they spent two nights in a mall parking lot in an old person's RV and didn't end up dead in a ditch.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

First of all, it was just one night. Second of all, how do you know they didn't end up dead in a ditch? I mean, I'm not saying they did . . . I've said too much. Hey, what's the statute of limitations on depraved indifference? Asking for a friend.

11. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Are we still accepting taglines for TiB? Because this is primo.

12. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm just impressed that Rush admitted to camping out for John Mellencamp tickets.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Scarecrow tour, baby. I bought the Uh-Huh album the year before, and thought it was awesome, after getting hooked in with Jack & Diane (American Fool - pre-Mellencamp). Authority Song, Play Guitar and Lovin' Mother Fo Ya ? Custom made for teen angst, bro.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yep.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Last night the first season of Airwolf popped up on a torrent tracker I follow... so of course I downloaded it.

Working from home today, with the Airwolf pilot playing in the background, and holy shit I forgot just how bad/good 80's TV was.

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Now I'm about to flash back right out of my brain . . . American Fool, Uh-Huh and Scarecrow was an impressive three album run. Plus, around that time, Mellencamp was talking about sticking it to the man, and his fight to get back "Mellencamp" against the label, who wanted him to use "Cougar." I wish I had a picture of it, but I had one of those double-sided leatherette briefcase looking cases - all I saved money from cutting grass and raking leaves to buy was music and music accessories - to hold cassette tapes. One side was random whatever music, and the other side was ONLY Rush, Billy Joel and John Cougar. I had done that 12-albums-for-a-penny thing with Columbia house, and signed my dad up at his office, too. I think it held 24 tapes on one side, and I I had all the matching labels. It was awesome to crank that shit up, in my Alpine tape deck that didn't quite fit right in the opening in my car.

[​IMG]

17. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

With that kind of historical data, you probably also know where Brian Adams got his first real six string.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

This JANuary you better MICHAEL down your VINCENT.

That vocal-free title song still plays over and over n my head. Loved 80's action shows: Magnum PI, The Fall Guy, The A Team, Knight Rider, Hardcastle & McCormack, Simon & Simon, etc.

And they ALL had classic theme music.

19. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Let's see how Jan Michael Vincent is doing these days... Oh... Oh, dear.

[​IMG]

Don't drink until your leg falls off, kids.

20. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There needs to be a classic tv cable channel with this shit on it, I would watch it all the time. Well, there probably is and I don't know about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.