Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

6/17/16 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This thread could use a little livening up

blakelivelyTIB.jpg

#321 toddamus, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  2. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Forgot the trigger warning, cishet scum.

image.jpeg

Lucifer dances to that song in women's underwear and lipstick.

4. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Speaking of Idaho...

I always marveled at my hometown's lack of creativity. There is a bridge over a mile long that leads into town. It's named "The Long Bridge."

Apparently this lack of creative naming has been around a long time.

The Coeur d'Alene people called themselves by the autonym Schitsu'umsh meaning "Those Who Are Found Here."

5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    To follow up on this story and Memphis being just fucking bizarre.

They caught a suspect. He's 16. He posted pictures of the dead body on Snapchat. Today they arrested the mother of the suspect's girlfriend for throwing the gun into the Mississippi River.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/32301806/woman-arrested-in-connection-with-snapchat-murder

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

All this brexit crap is like throwing a rock into a swamp down here. Stirs up all the people who think Texas should secede, they all start flying around like a bunch of drunken redneck mosquitoes just biting the shit outta you while you halfheartedly swat them away.

Ever seen an island sink? Because we're all about to. And hopefully it'll take that shitstain ricky gervais with them.

8. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah the #texit movement is blowing up my feed.
    And I get the emotion behind the idea, but it isn't very prudent.

9. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Should've known Brexit would stir up them Texans. Why can't New Mexico have a movement? Who would give a fuck if they went to Mexico or went on their own?

10. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, I don't get the emotion behind it. I do however get the emotion I feel when some slackjawed jackass with no understanding of this country, economics, history, or empathy for countrymen brings up secession.

11. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What do you have against New Mexico?

12. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't really hate the state, I've been in it a fair amount, there's just not a lot to it. Albuquerque is not a great town, the state itself doesn't have much going on. I heard Santa Fe is ok, to me it its just kind of there and doesn't add much. It has a lot of problems and aside from Los Alamos, I'm not really sure what it contributes as a state.

The food is good at least.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Thar gonna bring back Ol' Sparky and execute you for taking a hit on 16 in Blackjack.

Secede from what? They are special how, exactly? This was from how long ago by what dead people again?

14. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Eh. I grew up amongst those slack jawed hillbillies. I remember hearing the whole "Texas can do it on its own" spiel through my formative years. They believe it. They're conservative (as best they know to be), generally not super well traveled or educated (though many have left the state it's for a brief period of time and then hustle right back), and they're generally super hit the Bible on Sunday morning but have a beer with the folks Monday evening types.

I get why they think they do.
    I don't agree. But I understand it.

15. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've seen people are downplaying their accents in professional settings. Is that because you have moved elsewhere and it is strange to the locals or is it just a at work thing? I obviously drop ain't and other colloquialisms from my vocabulary when I'm at work, but it never crossed my mind to avoid the accent. I'm wondering if everyone thinks I'm a hayseed now.

16. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I dunno...I feel like I have a slightly different perspective. I'm not from a small town of slack-jawed yokels. I grew up in the suburbs, and I use proper grammar. My parents are educated, and college was non-negotiable. I'm a 6th generation Texan, but I'm also an upper middle class white girl whose grandparents barely graduated high school because they were working in oilfields or a farm at age 10. Both of my parents have humble backgrounds. I don't think the "Texan pride" thing comes from a place of "keeping the South alive" or bringing back some archaic mentally from the Antebellum Era. I think it's more of an anti-establishment, fuck the Man mentality. Like, "We don't need a bunch of douchebags from LA or NYC telling us what's cool...we don't want some assholes in DC telling us how to live when they've never even been here...we can do it on our own, and we're gonna do what we want."

I'm not saying I share the mentality 100%, but I think it's completely separate from the Deep South or the Confederacy. Nobody here really identifies with either of those things. Most folks here...who have deep roots...came from families who were too poor to identity with that. Misguided or not, it's more about self-sufficiency and independence. Less blue-blood Southern gents and more Willie Nelson.

#336 TX., Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  17. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

So I called up the husband and asked if we could go to the Guns N' Roses concert Wednesday night, fully expecting him to say no. He didn't.

The fact that it's a weeknight and that we both have to work Thursday isn't a good enough reason not to go, is it?

18. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes.
    Back when Texas was being settled, it was a hard life to stay there. Indian country and wildlife and the heat, even then, was just a lot to deal with.
    It took a measure of backbone most people didn't have to stay and to survive.
    Those types of Texans believe in secession because it's in their blood to know that adversity is just adversity and it can be overcome.

Secession is still, I think, a bad idea.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

No it isn't. I had to DJ a prom last night I wasn't home till 1:30 am to wake up for 5 am. That being said, you have no excuse not to see Axl and Slash together.

20. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Alice In Chains is opening for them. I think I'm required to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.