Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

6/17/16 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

This happened about 20 km (12 miles) from my house. There are rumours that there was a suicide note left by the owner of the house that exploded, but I don't know true that is. If it's legit, Jesus Christ, do a better job of determining how much accelerant you need so you don't take out all your damn neighbours with you.

3. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Cutting_EyeMagazine.jpg

4. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

If it was a suicide note, I hope she left it digitally. There's nothing left of that house but dust and wood splinters. It's quite possibly the most complete devastation I've ever seen of a residential structure in an acute explosion. That's how houses look after a hurricane picks them up and smashes them down in a field.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That kind of stuff has happened before with a slow gas leak... no fire, just huge/fast expansion resulting in complete destruction.

That kind of explosion basically blows the air away from the fire, and because there is no surface fire to begin with, once the explosion is done there's nothing on fire when it's done.

It's kind of the same principal used to put out oil rig fires... they blow up the fire with dynamite that then evacuates all available oxygen so no fire remains, and then when the oxygen comes back, there's no ignition source to rekindle it.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

A house exploded here in the Glen Cairn neighbourhood decades ago because of the former dump buried under said neighbourhood and the gas that slowly built up because of it. They had to install those pipe vents in the ground throughout it to avoid it happening again.

8. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

The Toronto Star is reporting that gas is the main focus, but that fragments of notes were found on the ground immediately following the blast:

And, from a neighbour:

Purely speculative at this point, though. But it's a huge blast. I taught piano lessons to a bunch of kids literally two blocks from where that happened.

9. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Part of our golf course is build on an old garbage dump. Haven't heard any stories in a long time, but 15-20 year ago or more you would hear about people finding methane pockets.

10. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Seems appropriate that we move on over to the WDT that celebrates our independence by blowing shit up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.