Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

6/17/16 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Have some friends coming over shortly for a bit of a dinner party.

Tonight I'm serving up some killer surf-and-turf; nice thick boneless rib steaks and a couple of lobster tails each, a few bottles of "wine club snob only" local red wine, and some crème brulee.

As much as I love me some meatloaf, tonight is not the night for it.

Enjoy your Saturday night, you Idiots.

2. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had a surf and turf for lunch.

For the surf I had a locally sourced jelly. I call it surf because it was wet and almost sticky like the ocean.

The turf was made special for me at the grocery store supplier. Dude took some salt cured peanuts and smashed them until they were almost the consistency of a thick butter.

My wife suggested we serve it on bread.

I guess you could say I'm the ass hole who likes to try out funky shit.

3. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had a surf and surf for dinner. Cedar plank salmon and lobster tails. An onion grilled whole and a sweet potato.

It was awesome.

4. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is the kind of drunk post I love to see here on a Saturday afternoon. I did not get to do this, and I am all out of beer. It just helps to know that someone, somewhere is out getting unexpectedly drunk and is just going to ride it. Time to fill my Iced Tea.

5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Got that?

1466293532203.jpg

6. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why are you taking contraceptives made for women?

#86 toddamus, Jun 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  7. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Everyone made burgers tonight, that is awesome.

In regards to tacos, my cup runneth over. God bless immigrants. They changed the taco game forever. Any time of day or night, ANY TIME, I can get authentic, bomb-ass (pun intended) tacos. If it wasn't pissing rain I'd go get some chorizo tacos. If you live in a city without proper Mexicans I can only pity you. Pity you and laugh. Everyone laugh at the taco-less little girls. SHAME. SHAME!

Anyone see The Night Manager? The female lead is almost as astonishingly hot as Hugh Laurie. Fuck off, you know you want to drill House. Elizabeth Debicki, she's over 6 foot too. Sweet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Turned out quite nice.

Attached Files:

9. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

'Tis a fine steak sandwich, but 'tis no burger.

10. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Damn. I made burgers last night too, prior to reading all of this. They were damn good, and they were just, you know, burgers.

Being the awesome dad that I am, I took the family to the track last night. I don't bet heavily, so I came out about even. And they had ostrich and camel races last night. The camels seem to like it. The ostriches freak out and run wild in every direction until startled forward. The ostriches pull chariot-like carts with guys n them, and the lead ostrich, who was cranking along pretty damn fast, broke out of his harness, and the cart, and the guy in it, flipped over. The look on his face as the other ostriches were bearing down on him was priceless.

In the end, no ostriches, or humans were hurt.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Happy Father's Day.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Today might get a new propane grill. The tough part s decide ding what meat to break it in with: effinshenannigan's burger recipe, or beer can chicken?

13. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Breakfast tacos and burgers with respective dads today. Too bad there's no bidet for later.

14. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Funny how I'm reading this bidet talk, and there's one in the bathroom where I'm staying. It beats shitting in the woods, but I say overrated.

Do the bird but skip the can- it is actually counterproductive. The real reason to that working is simply how its propped up vertically. The can ends up insulating the interior of the chicken.

To really step your bird grilling up, brine it first. Adds flavor and helps it retain moisture.

15. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll second this. Both the no can part and the brining. If you can, find yourself one of the beer can holder apparatuses that everybody seems to make these days and use that, just without the can as already mentioned. To expand on what @katokoch said, when you prop it up vertically, you're creating a quai-convection oven type scenario where the heat is rising up through the open cavity of the bird and cooking it from both the inside and the outside so you can get even cooking throughout the whole bird without drying it out.

16. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Happy Fathers Day. Hopefully people here had a good male role model growing up, I know I did. If I was in San Diego I'd be knocking back a few with him today.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah... it's the first Father's Day without him... it sucks more than a little bit.

Enjoy what you have while you can.

And to all you Dad's out there, you're more powerful than you know... http://www.lfpress.com/2016/06/17/d...-down-hit-and-run-driver-that-hit-london-home

18. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yep. I can't imagine where I'd be without my dad. He's a role model of what it means to be a father, how to care for people, how to succeed in work, and we have a great relationship. As I grow older I'm learning he's far from perfect as I used to think, but thats part of becoming an adult. It doesn't change how much I enjoy chilling with him and bullshitting an afternoon away.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

My boss is one of the driving forces behind a great new building that we'll be moving into in a few months, and I get to start on the tenant improvement stuff next week. Pretty stoked.

Here's my soon-to-be-new office space... we're on the top floor, water facing. It doesn't suck.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

So tonight either Cleveland loses and gets their hearts broken for the millionth time, or Cleveland wins, celebrates, then lebron goes back to Miami and Cleveland gets their hearts broken for the millionth time.... Someone explain to me how either outcome of this game isn't awesome?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.