Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

6/2/17 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A white guy?

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Just in case people haven't heard yet, there was a terrorist attack in London. Asshole drove a vehicle into a crowd.

Initial reports indicated a mass dental work situation, but now they're calling those reports "fake news."

3. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pretty sure I terrorized a couple of families this morning by violently throwing up in the park by my house as I was trying to get a run in and sweat out yesterday's all day drinking. But on the positive end, I also got in an unplanned heavy core workout along with it.

Somewhat related; 10-12% barrel aged beers aren't the best idea for summer patio drinking.

4. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yea, I love those beers but I can only handle one before it feels like too much.

5. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There was a group of us all sharing different bottles, otherwise I would never drink those all on my own.I have a whole collection of high ABV bottles just aging in my basement, but I never want to drink them just by myself.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Maybe if they did that shit during baseball, the games would actually be interesting.

8. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Quick question for you guys, in the last six years how many states have you lived in?

Whenever I meet someone and the small talk starts a usual question is, where are you from? For me its such a hard answer so I keep it simple, I say Denver, or Minnesota now, or maybe Michigan because I grew up there. But in the last six years I've lived in four very distinct states for various amounts of time. I've lived in Colorado, Florida, California and now Minnesota. And as I mentioned if I want to confuse people more I can tell them I lived in Michigan as well.

9. greybeard

greybeard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

ignorance, bliss, inebriation

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That only reason soccer exists at all is because of their fans' entertaining sociopathy.

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Enjoyed the Big Apple this weekend. I thought the highlight was going to be the lady at the Mets' hot dog stand arguing with, and getting fired by, her supervisor, in front of me, right after I said "hot dog," and then watching them get separated by other staff. But, then I saw "Groundhog Day" Saturday night. 10/10 highly recommend, if you're traveling to New York and want to see a musical, and don't want to pony up the dough to see Hamilton.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I read that all in the voice of Brockmire.

Well done.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Is there some "thing" with ballpark employees being assholes? The last Jays game I was at the woman behind me me returned to her seat from the bar with a pint of real glass. She didn't mean it, but the skinny, metrosexual bartender with a 10,000 pound chip on his shoulder came down to her seat and reamed her in front of everyone at the game, actually shoving a finger in her face and threatening to ban her. It wasn't long before a very big stood up and shouted at him "Why don't we get your boss over here and have YOU thrown the fuck out, you stupid prick?" Then the pretentious assbag throws a tantrum all the way back to his bar, flailing and yelling the entire scent up the staircase.

It was so fucking bizarre for an employee to just go off on a paying customer like that, for such a minor reason. We were all looking at each other in our seats saying "Did that really just happen?"

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not sure. I have been mostly to Atlanta, and in the South, we're known for being polite and hospitable (and racist, hahahaha-) . . . But, I have also been to several MLB parks: Yankee stadium, both Chicago parks, Milwaukee, both Los Angeles parks, Baltimore, Cleveland, Philly, Washington DC, Seattle, now CitiField, and Toronto. And, I have never seen anything like that. I've seen some rudeness, some laziness, and dismissiveness. But, that's not atypical for the employee pool. It was kinda crazy. Everybody in line was sort of just eye-blinking at each other for a few minutes. A replacement dude stepped back up to take the woman's place that went all Howard Beale on everyone, and he said, "what can I get you?" "Um, I just want a hot dog."

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I assume if they are tending a bar at a ballpark their tips are shit. I've never had a bad experience but a lot of apathy. Which is what you'll get from people who work jobs that they are either a teenager or have to use the work to survive.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It was a "classy" full bar in a section where the staff all dress almost semi-formal. He was maybe 20 years old, screaming in a 60-year-old woman's face like it was his birthright.

He's going to do that to the wrong person one day, and that will be the last time he does that.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just finished watching Anthony Bourdain's latest Parts Unknown where he visited Antarctica.

I highly recommend it... it was very interesting.

18. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is the latest season dropped yet? Bourdain in Detroit is also an excellent episode. That show is usually highly entertaining.

19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah that one was a real bummer. Also, the one in Massachusetts where he looks into the heroin epidemic is particularly depressing for me personally. The town where he walks the train tracks and talks to the addicts (Greenfield/Turners Falls) is a place i spent a big chunk of my childhood. I used to go that diner he went to with my great grandmother all the time.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Watching it tonight. It's impossible not to love the guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.