Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

6/26/15 The Canada Day WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jun 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe if you let the husband pick out the bras for you to wear, he might be more willing to pay for some new ones. I will not buy the wife any new bras cause I want her to run around without them. I still will not get laid, but at least I might get to see them bounce.

95 here at 9:30 after a high of 100 today. It is not supposed to cool off tonight and looking at maybe 106 tomorrow. Oh and the AC in my office is not working.

2. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just moved to Santa Maria, CA. When we were doing the move in inspection with one of the property managers, one of my questions was, "Where are the environmental controls? Where do we turn on the AC?" My wife and I must have both had dumbfounded looks on our faces when she said, "Oh... there's no AC. It doesn't really get hot enough for that here."

Every day that we've been here, the temp has been mid 70s, and the coastal breeze combined with abundant ceiling fans has proved her words true. There's no need for AC here. Oh, and in the winter? It might get down to the high 30s.

3. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Is it worth listening to?

I don't know... I read this quote from him, and it just doesn't resonate with me.

See, I could care less if what I do matters to other people. I learned a long time ago that what you do to be truly happy is to do what makes YOU happy. If you want success, then you should give a shit for what other people think matters, but if sitting naked in the woods making shitty pottery is what makes your soul rejoice, then fuck what other people think.

That being said, quality relationships with quality people, I fully agree with.

5. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm 33 minutes into it, so I'll let you know. I figure it's at least worth a listen for the people of this board, as he is the... spirit animal? originator? Impetus? He is, directly, or indirectly the reason most of us are here. And fro what I'm hearing so far, the man has evolved into a decent human that's worth listening to. He's always been smart, but now he seems to be turning his brain toward helping people make themselves better.

So, for what that's worth, I think it's worth a (long) listen

6. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I might listen to it out of curiosity, but I doubt he's evolved that much. He's a narcissist who had a major break when his movie tanked. He's just wearing a new skin too feed it. I read this article sometime after he shut down the old board, and my reaction was "ohhhhh. That's what happened with Tucker Max."

7. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm wondering if there is a full (fool?) moon or something, because the crazies are out on FB today. I don't usually see a lot of drama, but one of my local news stations is catching it today. I posted an anti-vaxxer screenshot in another thread, and when I went back to the same news page (it's an NBC local affiliate), I saw this comment:

trump.jpg

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It seems that more and more these days don't like being told what to do. These same people also say things like "If you aren't doing anything wrong, why worry?" They know what a law is right? It's something that tells you what to do. Sure there are laws that are unjust, but forcing the vaccination of kids ISN'T, because it's backed up by mountains of scientific research. Scientists and doctors aren't just assuming the obvious, they are specifically accurate in their conclusion.

These tinfoil hat motherfuckers. Every time, in spite of the topic, they pussy up with their generic 'tard response: "Well, the science is entirely in, and I did my OWN research showing entirely different.." Fuck off, WikiTwat. You're not a mechanical engineer, that guy just asked you for extra foam on his Latte.

#128 Crown Royal, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  9. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What irks me about these people, besides being incredibly stupid, is the arrogance they display. As if their "opinion" holds the same weight as a scientist, someone who threw away an entire decade of their lives just to study a topic.

And these are otherwise intelligent people. There is a holistic doctor in Arizona, I think, who advertises himself as a holistic cardiologist. He's not even an MD. And just goes on his website and spouts out all this bullshit. And he has a huge following. Of course his website is HEAVILY moderated so any kind of dissent is immediately deleted.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey we have a thread for this shit. Get back to describing the weather.

11. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

http://adequateman.deadspin.com/cats-theyre-bad-1634627434

I urge you to finish reading the article and become informed about this horrific plight upon our species.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok, here's the NSFW forecast:

Partly Sunny
    sunny_leone.jpg

followed by showers
    shower.jpg
    Coty.jpg

with increasing chance of Rain.
    hailee_rain.jpg

13. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

14. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Appears Mr. Max is back in business. Here he is on the Fark podcast, which I did not listen to, plugging a dating/lifestyle advice book slated for September: http://farkcast.libsyn.com/

http://www.dailydot.com/lifestyle/tucker-max-dating-podcast/ Guess he has his own podcast? Had no idea.

Amazon page: http://www.amazon.com/Mate-How-Become-Women-Want/dp/0316375365

We've discussed this before I think. His co-author is Dr. Geoffrey Miller, a tenured professor of Evolutionary Psychology. He wrote The Mating Mind which was a great look at evolution and mating. On my list of smrt person buks. I'd give this one a look-see just because of this guy.

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I gave his dating podcast a try. It was too spermwars-ie for my taste. In terms of dating advice once you get past the "workout, become interested in hobbies, or work, to gain confidence in something and then live your life" I think the useful information kind of falls off. Once you start talking about biological imperatives you lose me. You really thinking of this shit when you are out at bars or playing in a coed softball league? Not that Im saying there isn't truth in it just isn't practical in real world situations.

Good for him for finding something new to do.

16. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

17. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, no, you don't understand that purring is "ambiguous, inexpressive quasi-affection." The cat poop is clearly messing with your head if you find that companionable.

18. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm comfortable with that.

I am contemplating getting another cat in fact, twice the evil poison! I shall have to suffer through EVEN MORE snuggles and purrs. The horror!

19. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We're living in a psychedelic computer-simulated science fiction world created by aliens who are watching us and laughing their asses off. We have to be.

Here's a guy that believes there's a wizard in the sky getting angry because gay people stole his rainbows. If we don't take the rainbows away from the gays and give them back to the wizard, it could mean the end of the world! "We're off to find the rainbows, the rainbows gays stole from our Lord!" (tune of We're Off to Meet the Wizard)

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And that, in a nutshell, is the biggest problem with the Internet. And it's biggest strength.

EVERYONE has a voice, including the fucking nutjobs who don't have the sense of a bag of rocks... but they can put their shit out there, and then they get noticed. Regardless of whether that attention was for the sake of mocking them senselessly or not, their message gets out there.

Then they connect with other crackpots who are too stupid to recognize satire or sarcasm, and then you get chemtrails and other conspiracies.

The lack of critical thinking and education in society is a scary thing, and nothing shows it more than sites like that or a few inbred FaceBook streams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.