Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

7/15/16 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jul 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Almost every classical musician I've known has fucking LOVED Sting. Er, the Police. Both. They love both. I don't really understand it, but I respect them. To me, that rings of truly talented musicians who write well.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Probably. Understand how huge they were, though. They sold out the biggest stadiums in the world, period. Hockey/basketball arenas were too small by the time Syncronicity hit the shelves. They sold out the fucking soccer stadium in Rio. So yeah, they were already cocky as a club band, sometimes would play Roxanne three times a night just because people cheered for it. Sooooooak it in.

And they were a great band. Every album they made set trends. They were this utterly bizarre cross of Ska/Raggae, New Wave and Punk who made that work. And they were SO fucking tight. Not to mention progressive. Play Roxanne next to Wrapped Around My Finger, it's like two opposite genres. They were the first band I truly loved; my dad was around my age then but he loved them too; he was always playing The Police, Huey Lewis, Springsteen and The Eagles. "Desperado" has the same effect on my dad as it did on Seinfeld.

image.png

#342 Crown Royal, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know how when Sports Illustrated or other magazines do photos with the models wearing just body paint? And, you know how the models have some kind of professional adhesive patch or paintable paper thongs they wear to cover bits, like say, labia? Well, apparently, not every one at Comic Con feels inclined to do it that way. Maitland Ward, for instance:

[​IMG]

The more you know . . .

4. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If my graduate school sends me an email with a grammatical error, do I send them a reply back with a correction?

I've discovered that higher education isn't all that high.

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Oh, they're high alright.

6. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

So, I applied for a new job this morning because my boss is a douchecanoe. To those who have interviewed at new companies under these kinds of circumstances, what reason do you give as to why you're leaving your current job? In the past I was able to say that I wanted industry (as opposed to consulting) experience, but here, I'd be staying in Industry. I don't just want to say "it wasn't a good fit" or "there were differences of opinion" or "I didn't see a chance for long-term growth in the company" or other similar bullshit answers. Help a girl out, folks.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

What's wrong with any of those bullshit answers? Or why even go there in the first place? They're all better than the truth. Just state you were looking for a new opportunity doing XYZ or whatever.

8. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You could always say that you admire [new company] and couldn't pass up the opportunity to work there. They're only asking that question because they want you to reassure them that you aren't a problem employee.

9. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd be sure to include the highlighted portion often in your responses to questions.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agree. Most people hiring people with experience understand that there are personality conflicts that just don't work sometimes. If you say "not a good fit" or whatever, they'll be able to read between the lines and know what that means. If they like you on the resume and in the interview, they'll know it wasn't you that was the problem.

Or, other options:
    - just say, "bitch stole my nipple clamps."
    - explain that every time you brought up "Margarita Tuesdays!" during suggestions, they didn't take you seriously
    - not enough red staplers

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Client had a break-in at their offices over the weekend. The person that broke in used their office computers, which prompted us to deploy our information security and forensics team. Upon review of the security camera footage, it was a homeless person. We watched him rummage around in someones desk for loose change, use the vending machine, make himself a cup of coffee, and take a nap in the break room on the sofa. He also tried to play ping pong by himself, which didnt go well. They also found a used pair of socks in the trash can. When we examined the computer he used, here were some of his google searches:

-"Can you do laundry in the dish washer?"
    -"Runescape coins"
    -"Runescape cheats"
    -"Homemade pumpkin spice lattes recipe"
    -"Does KFC have french onion soup?"
    -"Girl from Hunger Games"

12. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My friend had a neighbor in college that was really stupid. He didn't have quarters to do laundry, so he tried washing his clothes in the dish washer and then drying them in the oven. This made his clothes catch fire. I'm sure at the time it sounded like a great idea.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is one of my favorite WDT posts of all time.

I would like to know what he searched after "Does KFC have french onion soup?" If yes, then . . . "how to get to KFC?" ? If no, then . . . "does Taco Bell have minestrone?"?

Or, possibly "what causes diarrhea?"?

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

There were other searches too - just not interesting ones. Im assuming the "girl from Hunger Games" search was an indication that he was feeling frisky.

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Frisky like he added "I bet I could take her" at the end or like he added "naked" at the end? Was his next search "how to shield yourself from arrow attack" or "homemade lube recipes"?

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Frisky as in he probably eats Friskies cat food because hes a hobo.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

"My boss is, I swear, losing his mind... so all of the inconsistency and lack of direction is making it very frustrating never mind difficult to do my best work..."

18. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I've used a bullshit reason like one of those. Most people do. If the hiring company likes you, it doesn't really matter if your reason sounds lame.

19. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Speaking of work and the office specifically, what is everyone's opinion about smelly food for lunch, good or bad? Someone went to the chili dog joint and brought it back here to eat. It smelled so fucking good, especially because I was too busy to go get lunch. Why oh why, officemate person, did you not ask anyone?

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I tend to think that any aromatic food should not be allowed anywhere except a dedicated kitchen.

Someone new here made some curried meat of some sort and it filled the entire office with the smell when he took it to his desk to eat... doesn't help when the AC is on full and fans are going everywhere, ensuring that the smells are quickly and efficiently distributed around the office.

Someone previously did fish, and then buttery popcorn, so the rule was created... if we can smell it, it stays in the kitchen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.