Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

7/15/16 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jul 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Has anyone ever seen the video of Joe Rogan teaching GSP to wheel kick? I can't imagine getting hit with that. I'd imagine your insides would just pop like a balloon.

2. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I've used the phrase "I dig it" or some variation at least a dozen times in the last few days. I'm not sure if I got a really good contact high at the concert or if I've hit a certain age where I only speak in old slang. Either way, I dig it.

3. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did you mean gsp teaching Rogan or is that what you meant to say?

4. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Rogan teaching GSP. I'll stand corrected, but I understand that Rogan has some of the deadliest spinning kicks in MMA, though he doesn't compete.

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

And I love that this is totally an appropriate description for an MMA move. I wish it was used in other sports too though, like "Clay Matthews is one of the deadliest linebackers in the NFL" or "Messi is the biggest pussy in soccer."

Maybe people would look at sports a bit more realistically.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Rogan has some serious skills. One of the reasons he's such a good commentator is that he regularly rolls with fighters. He was a US National Champion in taeqwondo for years before he, as he puts it, "came to his senses" and stopped competing.

But yeah, dude's no joke.

7. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Yeah he holds two different black belts - one in BJJ and one in Taekwondo. Have fun trying to pull one over on him.

He also trains with Cam Hanes, who is a machine in his own right.

8. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He mentions it on his podcast but one of the most important decisions a fighter can make is knowing when to get out. He had this talk with Brendan Schaub a few years ago. Some fighters can only get so good at it and some are freak athletes. If you hit your max skill level, the safest move is to get out.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yep. And he was young and competing for shits and giggles, not cash... combine that with the headaches and other problems he was experiencing, and he, in his words, "came to my senses" (after 4 years of defending his title), and got out of full-contact competition.

10. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's a short clip from the full discussion. It was brutally honest and I'm not sure it was right of him to do it on the podcast, but truths were spoken.

11. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Money may not buy me happiness but bourbon can, sweet Jesus I missed this stuff.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

One thing you have to say about Joe, he usually has an opinion, and he's never afraid to share it.

It was quite interesting to hear him in that clip... he was being brutally honest (as he saw it), very respectful, and it wasn't easy... and it was interesting to listen to Schaub try and defend against it.

13. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Both of them acknowledged in their own podcasts the following week that the discussion should have been had privately. Schaub admitted to barely holding back tears when it was happening then falling apart when he got home. It was brutal, but it contributed to him making the best decision of his career. Now he's got one of the most watched podcasts and a successful tour. He wouldn't have that if he'd hung in to be Lesnar or Hunt's punching bag.

14. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If he didn't have other career prospects, he may have had to continue fighting more. But being multitalented has probably saved him from getting CTE. Fighting as a heavyweight can just kill you.

15. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of the best things about this year's NBA finals was getting non-fans to watch the Shaun Livingston video.

16. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Western Canada folk - Im taking a trip with the woman from Calgary to Vancouver then Seattle in August. We are trying to map out our itinerary and where we are going to stay when. We are doing 2 days in Lake Louise - but for our next stop - should we be staying in Revestoke or Kamloops? What would be more interesting/central to seeing the major sights?

18. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

In 18 minutes, I get to walk into a meeting with my boss, his boss and the company's "legal eagle", where I get to lay out all our department's (read: all my boss') failings and hopefully avoid being thrown under the bus for things that happened while I was on maternity leave. I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT FOR THIS. Goddammit.

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Show 'em the picture of Chris Stapleton at the wedding, and say, "if anything happens to me, this dude will come and fuck you up."

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Im pretty retarded when it comes to pop culture. I couldnt put a name to a face with a lot of celebrities. But my wife is eating up the Taylor Swift / Kanye West feud and I just want to take a minute to appreciate the tweet from the director of one of her music videos:

Untitled.jpg

Somehow "boom roasted" doesnt quite cover it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.