Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

7/21/17 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Got one 10 minutes from us. Crazy selection, horseshit prices. It's a great way to kill some time looking around, but if I feel like buying anything more expensive than some fishing lures I can find it on amazon (or the nearby dicks sporting goods or academy) for much much cheaper.

2. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just got done sitting on my deck with a cigar and a glass of 15yr Dalmore. Bugs got a little crazy, so now we're on the porch listening to music and drinking local session IPAs.

I've been waiting for nights like this for a decade. I fucking love this house.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Please show us on the doll where my post hurt you:

IMG_0064.JPG

4. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Right there between the cheeks, officer.

I worked at the world headquarters in Springfield when I was in college. That might have been my favorite job to date, which is sad.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I was there AT BASS PRO SHOPS for their grand opening. It was pretty clear they were trying to compete with Cabelas as both look like giant natural history displays.

It's a must-stop on the way to Hunt Camp, which is one of the reasons it's in Vaughn.

6. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

$11.99 for a handle of pretty decent Vodka makes me buy in bulk.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I've been to that one, a fucking monster. Yesterday we went to Niagara's which has a gorgeous main foyer that kicks the ass of many museums. Some have bowling alleys, fishing ponds, etc. It wowed my daughter. She like it more than Mastermind Toys now.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Costco does not yet sell beer OR liquor in Ontario. This fucking province does two things well: rips us off, and treats all adults like children.

9. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Louisiana is a hell-hole and Denham Springs is one of the armpits of the state but we do have a Bass Pro and 45 minutes away is a Cabela's (I think it may be closing soon since the merger). RoTN is correct, mostly overpriced stuff I can get at Academy or, God forbid, Walmart (which I've gone to maybe 3 times in the past 2 years).

Seconded on the 4 Roses - tasty, tasty bourbon. I am currently killing the pint sized bottle of Woodford someone brought me a few weeks ago. I'm trying to kill off all remaining partial bottles of bourbon so I'll have less to pack up when we move on Wednesday (out of previously mentioned armpit of La. )

No cigar to go with it, which is fine - it's been raining almost every afternoon for a month straight so the mosquitoes are fucking savage outside after dusk. So I definitely do not want to spend more than a few minutes outside. The new house will get a portion of the back porch screened in... soon.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

American whisk(e)y is so fucking fine.

My faves:

Knob Creek
    Booker's small batch 7 yrs.
    Four Roses
    Wooford Reserve
    Elijah Craig
    Maker's
    Jack Daniel's Silver Select

...the first time I held a Booker's bottle I thought somebody wrote break-up poetry all over the label. "What is this weird-looking shit?" But don't judge a Booker's by its cover, that shit will have hot sex all over your tastebuds like the last days of Cleopatra and Mark Antony. Wonderful stuff.

11. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have no idea why the rest of the South hasn't figured out lanais yet. My whole pool deck to include an outdoor dining table and patio set with a tv/refrigerator/bar setup are under the lanai. I know Florida is stupid and all but we at least figured this one out. Mosquitoes are a thing of the past here.

12. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My wife watches damn near every House Hunting/Buying the Bayou/Buying the Beach/Tiny House show there is* and she says the same thing: why in the hell don't more people have screened in patios?
    You would think they would be as common as A/C in the south. The weather has actually been incredibly moderate (read: NOT a sauna) most nights so far, but once it dries out for a day or so, mosquitoes everywhere (and they fucking LOVE me).

*my wife worked in real estate for several years and still keeps up with several realtor friends. she even did a lot of the legwork for this latest purchase as we're longtime friends with our realtor

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah our Bass Pro was put on the local mall that was empty before the millenium. The big box outdoor stores are the last gasp of an out of date model. I heard ours was already looking to relocate.

14. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I worked at BPS corporate for a few months in 2005 or 2006, I don't remember for sure, and they were opening up stores left and right back then.

The only time we go there anymore is to take the kids for Santa pictures. I do miss my employee discount though.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

BPS is gonna survive as long as Larry the Cable Guy gets tv specials and people vote for trump. It's a tourist attraction for the smart ones, and a shopping Mecca for the ones too dumb to know there's something better out there.

16. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Pretty sure you just hit the nail on the head there.

It was a fun place to work though. Especially when I was a temp and got to work in a bunch of different departments. My favorite was the gun range. I still talk to people I worked with there.

17. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The one that opened near me has a black light, underwater themed bowling alley.

eae10de0b33861de147d4086a4b04827.jpg

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I've sent that to some people (read: in-laws) who responded with variations of "he did good acting in that interview."

But that's basically BPS target demographic, the one that thinks that interview is "fake news," thinks the WWE is real, and who will support the "law of the bible" over the law of the United States no matter what. While I don't care (in fact, I doubt) that corporate BPS actually endorses or has a corporate culture along that line of thinking, it is certainly one hell of a way to make money. I applaud them for their corporate strategy. They have, in essence, invented the ultimate redneck superstore.

Their customers are the ones who's logic flows: "well hell they got them catfish and bass in that there tank and all those animal heads mounted on them walls so they must know what the hell they talkin bout otherwise this place wouldnt be that dem decorated like all that."

Gotta give them props though, they sure as hell know how to demo a gun. I'll go there first when I wanna get my hands on every firearm I'm conceivably looking at purchasing. And then once I settle on a model or two, I go the Academy next door and buy it for $150 less.

19. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

The one is Memphis is a motherfucking pyramid. It's cool as shit.

My friend is an aquarist and she trained the guy who is in charge of all their tanks so we popped by and got the behind the scenes tour when we were passing through.

Say what you will about the place, their stores are pretty cool.

20. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

There's a reason Hank Hill wore a Bass Pro hat when he went fishing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.