Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

7/21/17 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I wonder how people who wear bib overalls to funerals would feel if they knew Daniel Whitney is a well-raised, well-read, private school educated (as in King's Academy in Palm Beach) actor.

*banjo tuning intensifies*

2. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I was at a wedding where the father of the bride wore his bibs to walk her down the aisle.

ETA: Full disclosure: the guests sat on hay bales at my wedding.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

IMG_0373.JPG

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I wore my "fancy" cowboy boots to my wedding, my wife and I were married under a wooden arbor my step father and I built (tongue and groove, and it's gorgeous as hell), the morning of the weeding I was at a local nursery picking out flowers to go around the place, and the reception took place in our pasture. We rode back to our house in an ATV.

**edit to add** and yes I did donuts in the ATV while we were leaving, because fuck it, if you're gonna go redneck, might as well go FULL redneck

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I have to admit that me and the guys I hunt with all showed up in our Blaze Orange hats when one of our guys got married.

All of our spouses and relatives were aghast, but he teared up with joy and gave us a huge group hug. The not-quite-wife-yet just rolled her eyes and smiled.

And BPS will be around as long as old people have no idea how to buy shit online and still use AOL for their email. It is light-years ahead of the local corner hunting supply store, and that's all that matters to them.

eBay, Amazon, etc., don't even enter into the equation for them... and if they do order stuff online, it'll probably be from BPS/Cabelas (one and the same now that they got bought) online store.

And their online/phone sales customer support is fucking amazing... 24x7, answered by someone with a down-home drawl, and are there to make you happy.

6. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

We got married at a lake, I was supposed to ride up in a horse carriage. Until one of the horses overheated and fell over. The horse was fine, the vet rolled up mid-ceremony in his loud truck. Made for a memorable day.

I wore tennis shoes under my wedding dress, my husband and the groomsmen wore jeans. It was not a formal event.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

All this non-traditional shit and I'M the one who got married in a church in a tux?

Although we did had cool beta fish centrepieces. And somebody decided to invite their coke dealer to our reception who entered with his Yankees hat on backwards and who I personally, physically threw out on his ass.

My best man/friend at one point threw his arm around the most religious old man in attendance at the reception and barked "Lets go have a smoke by the pool old man, and you can tell me some of your fuck stories from the Sixties!!!" That was indeed the highlight of my night.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

The in-laws and I had a long argument about how it was not appropriate for them to wear their "formal camos." My wife, who was used to it at this point, kept telling me "they'll look stupid just let them and laugh."

Cue to them wearing jeans and Hawaiian tshirts (I wish I was joking, it looked like a good will grab bag ordeal), and then they all got crazy drunk on lonestar they brought to a fucking OPEN BAR and two of them individually ended up attempting to dry-hump my wife on the dance floor. Because those who inbreed, get drunk and also attempt to inbreed I guess?

I largely brushed it off as them just being stupid and I wasn't really mad, until I did my rounds saying hi to everyone and was sweaty as shit (this was in June Texas heat mind you) and went to the, again, OPEN bar, and asked for a gin and tonic. They said "he drank it all" and pointed to one of the uncles actively dry humping my wife on the dance floor while she tried to escape him. Four bottles. In an hour and a half.

His wife thinks it's hilarious when I bring up that story. He doesn't like it. So I talk about it all the time.

9. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I argued with my husband about whether or not we could even have beer at the reception.

His parents don't drink and he wanted just cake in the church basement. No way in hell was I going to stand for that. We got married at 6pm and floated three kegs by midnight and people were running to the bar (literally a couple blocks away) to buy beer before they closed.

I'd almost get married again just for the party.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

The best people to party with are those who "don't drink."

11. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

No, they left after the food was served and the first dances were done.

Then all my crazy family and friends got wrecked.

12. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Y'all...I just had the most insane Fri night. After a wild trip to Costco I took a 3 hour nap. Unfortunately, no alcohol was involved.

However on the way home from the store we almost hit a guy who was running from the cops. This fucker was running into rush hour traffic with the craziest look on his face. That was the highlight of my day.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Sooooo, I'm kinda sorta involved in the NBA world. I had a press pass for the Spurs, then my brain tumor happened and I had to re-learn walking, writing, all that shit again. Relevant is, I kept in touch with some of those guys. And a select few of them, have made it big time. One is Ryen Russillo. Just got quoted, or retweeted or whatever, by him, and now I'm getting death threats. (About Kyrie going to the Spurs, for those interested.)

Fortunately, it's nothing specific, because there is nothing specific about me out there online, but DAMN if the anonymous masses aren't pure fucking evil. It sounds all kinda out there like the "problem of someone else" or something until they start saying shit about you and your kids, which I guess they presume you have, and I do. And all the sudden it's fucking personal as hell.

14. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I almost posted in a bad thread. That was a close one.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah... stay the fuck out of the political thread... it's a wasteland.

16. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

No worries there.

That's not my scene.

17. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Like the yahoos that buy all their hunting gear from LL Bean. I give those fucks in their brand new get ups a wide, wide berth when I come across them in the woods. It just screams "Look at me! I'm from the city and have no idea what I'm doing out here, but by God I'm going to shoot something! Do you like my boots?"

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

On the flip side, you get so mesmerized when you come to our city shopping malls where you see the stairs that move.

#58 Crown Royal, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  19. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like Cabela's for the sake of the Gun Libraries and damned if the fish aquariums aren't amazing. You may every once in awhile find a really good deal in the used gun racks too, otherwise most of the stuff is haplessly overpriced. Between really cheap lures and an excellent military surplus section (because paying for branded camo is stupid and turkeys don't know the difference) Mills Fleet Farm has become the place where I buy a lot of gear. I am very fortunate to have an excellent independent sporting goods store near my workplace too, their prices are decent and it is a vast improvement over your typical dimly lit and musty smelling ammo shop.

Two weeks from now I'll be married. Holy shit. I put my foot down on having a few half kegs of (really good) beer at the reception and going fishing the morning of before I have to get dressed up. My dad got a charter boat out of Duluth for immediate family the Friday before the wedding and it would be fun to see someone pull up a big ass lake trout. After we get married ms. kato and I are going to a cabin on a private lake near the North Shore and there's a canoe and a grill so we'll be set.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Allow me to be one of many to welcome you to the best club on earth. I'll spare you the "it's work" bullshit (honestly, what that's worthwhile isn't sometimes work?) Marriage is fun as hell. When you find that right person, and I trust that you have, it's like all the joy you get from life in your hobbies and adventures get multiplied by ten (or at least by two).

Rock on man. You put a rock on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.