Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

8/12/16 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Aug 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Because I like to plan ahead, I have purchased all the provisions necessary so that I can make Bloody Marys tomorrow.

Then I get home and realize I'm almost out of gin. No I don't need gin for a Bloody Mary, but I do need gin in order to live a full and happy life. I have enough for one or maybe two drinks so I must choose wisely. What do I make with the last of my gin? Gin and tonic? Gin Fizz (now that I'm acquainted with egg white in drinks)? Gimlet? Give me some ideas, people!

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Ever since the weather got nice, I've been leaving the window in the living room open. I even built him a little ramp and platform so he can sit up there and not have to jump down into the shitty front "flower"/rock bed that I have. (It might look weird, but it works).

File_000.jpeg

Cat comes and goes as he pleases now, and I can't remember the last time I had to change the cat litter, because he has access to the sawdust pile from the shop now:

cat-box.jpeg

The only time it backfires are mornings like, well, this morning, when I was apparently late feeding the fucker. I woke up to a monster beetle hissing at me from under the bed, on it's back, with no functioning legs, and then 15 minutes later I got out of the shower to a bloody bird (literally... bloody) bouncing off the walls of my bedroom as it was trying to fly away from my cat that was stalking it. It seems that he brought it in this morning and thought it would be more fun to chase it than eat it.

Needless to say I was a bit late to work this morning as I had to wipe the bloody bird imprints off the walls before they dried.

Then I had to find the bird and dispose of it.

3. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Popcorn used to bring in not-quite-dead lizards, and snakes, and birds, and most recently baby bunnies. Do you want to hear a small child scream in horror? Just have your cat drag in a half-dead baby bunny.

The most notable offering that he brought in was the snake. My oldest was maybe 9 months old and I was sitting on the couch nursing her. I look across the room, underneath her bouncer, and there is a black snake. I'm not scared of snakes, not even a little bit, but I was holding the baby and I had to walk past the snake in order to get to a safe place to lay the baby down. So I called my husband. At the time he worked about two minutes away and I had him leave work to dispose of the snake. I felt like an actual damsel in distress, which I'm not a fan of. He got the snake out of the house though so I guess it was worth it.

Cats are assholes. The worst the dog does is steal food from the kids and snore.

4. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Go right now and get more gin!

5. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seconded.

Thanks abneretta for reminding me what to do with all these tomatoes, make bloody mary mix with fresh tomato juice.

7. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I feel like taking the kids with me to the liquor store is crossing a line. I'd be lying if I said I haven't done it before but my mom works there and I can use that as an excuse. She's not working today.

I may call the husband to see if he'll grab me some on his way home.

8. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

That should do it.
    image.jpeg

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    One of my dogs brought in a rotting deer hind quarter she found somewhere.

In Mississippi I got a cat in hopes it would eat mice. I let it outside and something ate my cat.

10. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Beefeaters is just fucking disgusting.

11. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You ask the neighbors to see if they had anything to do with it? I know people in Mississippi make due with what they have.

12. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

The only thing my local liquor store carries is Beefeater and Tanqueray. I actually can tolerate either but Beefeater works better in a greater number of drinks, I think.

I've had them special order gin for me before but they only order a single bottle so it's a pain in the ass. I need to make a trip to a better liquor store but I won't be doing that today.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

My cat is awesome. She helps me hunt. I'm not even joking. She's like a fucking sentry in the yard.

Any time there's a an armadillo, coon, opossum whatever wandering around she finds me and starts scratching at the window until she gets me attention.

Then she rounds up the fuckers like a damn cattle dog until I arrive with an appropriate (or usually overkill) firearm. And she lets me do my business while she sits down at my side I swear with her paws in her ear and tongue out saying "nany nany boo boo Pepper the killer cat got you! Bitch!!"

Four dogs, none of them are worth shit for hunting and they're scared of thunderstorms never mind guns. The cat though I swear gets like a damn adrenaline rush off it.

Moral of the story: if a starving cat randomly shows up to your ranch house in the middle of winter when it's raining, feed it and give it shelter and a heat lamp. It will spend the rest of it's life repaying you.

14. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gin is a great liquor, very aromatic, just wish I didn't hungover after 2 shots of it.

Rum I can drink a ton of and feel reasonable the next day considering how much I drank the night before.

15. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

The only thing that gives me a terrible hangover is wine. Fucking wine. I'll start out with a single glass which ends up with me finishing the bottle, then I wake up and my head hurts and I don't even remember going to bed. Oh, and moonshine. Not real moonshine made in a still, that's not how folks make it around here. They just take some Everclear and mix it with different fruits and sugar and spices. My favorite is the apple pie moonshine, that shit will sneak up on you.

16. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How far away from the liquor store are you? I was kind of judging you for being lazy and not just going back to the store but then I realized not everyone has a grocery store with liquor a quarter of a mile from their house.

17. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

It's just uptown. I live in a tiny town in rural Missouri. There is one liquor store in town. There is also a gas station that carries a very small amount of liquor, it's fine for beer but that's about it. I can drive 30 minutes to the closest Walmart where their liquor selection is decent. If I want a real liquor store I have to drive over an hour. That's not to discount the local liquor store that has a decent selection of everything except for gin.

Here's the deal. I'm home with the kids. It's not worth loading them into the car and buckling them into their car seats so that I can go get some booze. Laziness plays a big factor but also I have other things to drink here so it's not like I'll be going without.

Having said all that, according to Apple maps it's about a half mile away.

18. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do the responsible thing, have the oldest babysit the others and go out on a booze run. It'll be quick.

19. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

She's four. Even I'm not that irresponsible.

20. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.