Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

8/14/15 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Aug 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a friend who got really drunk one night and commented on every single post/picture/status on his ex-girlfriend's Facebook page. Years worth of 'em. It took him something like two hours the next day to delete all of it.

I just cooked a steak with a blowtorch. I'm probably way too drunk to be operating a blowtorch.

On an unrelated note, the smoke alarms in my apartment are crazy sensitive.

2. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nah, My "girlfriend" was supposed to come over today. I took the food I cooked for her over to the neighbor's house. I'm pretty fucked up on my way to really fucked up.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'm just cleaning up from making some shit with powertools, and the BBQ is heating up for some spicy chicken breasts and a shit-load of spiced rum and coke.

I'm not there yet, but I will be soon.

4. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was at a birthday party all day. Made pulled pork; potato salad with mayo, Greek yogurt, and dijon (that yogurt really works as a mayo substitute); then grilled up some marinated chicken hearts. Nobody really appreciated the hearts. Hearts are the perfect organ meat training wheels. $1.50 a pound, bite sized, meaty, taste like strong beef. Marinated them in honey, dijon, balsamic, and rosemary.They got a nice char on them.

Also, pretty drunk. Those fuckholes at Corona can suck a bag of diseased cocks. I grabbed a case of CoronITAS instead of the regular sized ones. The fucking box is almost identical, and so is the price. Who pays for smaller beers?

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I did the same with a 24 of Corona... LIGHT. Mutherfucking LIGHT.

It tastes like shit, and the box looks almost identical... it's like the "light" is in the fine print. It was so bad that I thought the beer had gone skunky... then I realized it was supposed to taste like ass.

Not a fun night.

6. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've decided I'm going to get into the world of Whiskey, particularly single malt scotch. I don't drink a lot, but when I do I want it to be a nice enjoyable thing, and I want to take my time tasting it.

I started with The Glenlivet 12, which I've had for a while but only occasionally break out. I was reading that I should be tasting all these different flavors, but all I could taste was a burn followed by an afterburn - and then read that it's best to drink scotch neat or with a little water, and not on the rocks. So there was my problem. The second glass was much more flavorful.

The other day I bought a bottle of Edradour 10 - when my family went to Scotland in '93 we toured the distillery, and I wasn't old enough to taste it, and I just happened to find out that it was available at a store in town. So I'm going to see what it's all about.

7. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know if this is still true, but I know that a few years ago they didn't even sell Corona Light in Mexico at all. It was only for the export market. It can't be a good sign if the people who make it don't want to drink it.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Generally speaking, the younger the scotch, the more sweet/caramel it'll taste. The older, the more peaty/harsh they are, but are also way, way more complex to a palette that knows what it's tasting.

I'd recommend you start with the young stuff, as it's easier to drink, then you can move up to the more complex/older scotches. Older isn't necessarily better, if you're a newb scotch drinker... it's just more expensive.

#68 Nettdata, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was driving home from Atlanta today and saw some guy in Tennessee pull over in front of me, jump out of his car, and run into traffic waving people to move to the other lanes. I don't know if his car was about blow up movie style or if he was just nuts but I thought I was about to witness someone get ran the fuck over. As far as I know he wasn't run over.

Waze also helped me avoid a huge traffic jam by taking a scenic detour through the country right as the sun was setting. Great times. Plus I got to ride a Ducati earlier in the day AND no one was home when I got home so I got in a good long edging jerk.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

So, I think I'm drunk.

I did up some killer spicy bbq'd chicken breasts and my best caesar salad dressing ever, but I ran out of propane.

I'm drunk enough that I'm ok with the fact that the chicken is about 95% cooked... a few of the big pieces aren't really cooked as well as maybe they should be, but it's so close that it's hard to tell.

Strong Captain and cokes seem to make it a non-issue.

That which doesn't kill you, makes you stronger... right?

11. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Edradour makes me cough. I feel like a bitch if I add water, but I feel like water makes it burn less and I can actually taste flavors.

I just don't know what the flavors are supposed to be.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

FYI, all major distilleries say you should drink their scotch with water... it helps to "spread out" the flavours, and lets you enjoy them more.

Having scotch straight up is a newbe mistake.

13. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I added a splash of water...so much better.

14. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

About to try a new drink called The Sun Also Rises, which has absinthe in it.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yep.. that's why a lot of scotch drinkers order their scotch "water back" at the bar... it comes with a little water that you can add yourself to your taste.

16. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought you said "so that you can add yourself to the taste"...made me question my newfound interest in scotch.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

There's a reason we wear kilts... easier access to sperm.

18. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was good! I liked it and will add it to my rotation. I also had cheese and crackers, and after I gave some cheese to the dog she started acting like a goddamn crack addict hoping for more. Funny and annoying at the same time.

19. mazian

mazian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm on a train and the guy sitting in front of me has the deathly hallows sign from Harry Potter prominently tatooed on his wrist. How did we get to this point?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In other news, I'm off to talk about my insurance. Fun.

20. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seriously, you would not believe some of the shit guys were getting tattooed in prison. You think Harry Potter insignia is bad? A guy at my last unit was getting a whole upper sleeve of "Nightmare Before Christmas" characters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.