Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

8/22/14 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Wicker Man is campy as fuck (the original is a masterpiece) but so bad it's good? Drive Angry. Pure, unhinged exploitation trash par excellence.

2. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    I was deployed to Baghdad in '05 and everyone in my squad would call each other by their first names or nicknames on our squad net (the radio channel that only the 10 of us were on), just because it was easier that way. One day I said something like "why can't I have a cool call sign on squad net, like Viper or Danger Boy or something?" Everyone jokingly called me Danger Boy on the radio that day and it kind of just stuck after that.

3. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What in the shit...

[​IMG]

EDIT: While I'm here...

[​IMG]

4. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My nametag comes from the old one I used to have on the Ares P2P program. Not so much now but I used to be a massive Bundaberg Rum drinker There used to be a heap of commercials in Australia involving a big polar bear called Bundy.

#484 Bundy Bear, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  5. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

As much as I hate TheDirty...

She was caught in a really humiliating point of evolution. Her appeal is life's greatest mystery, because she has none.

Attached Files:

7. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't discriminate all that much when it comes to women, but I never got why anyone thought she was attractive, I can't help from making long face jokes anytime she is brought up.

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Name Game

I am always making up device names - like, if beer needs to be cold in a hurry, we should run that through the Ice-o-matic 9000, or to light a fire, you need the Flame-A-Tron 65, etc. And I like the band Rush and, maybe inspired by Akroyd's Bass-O-Matic on SNL. Rush-O-Matic.

Unrelated, did you know that basketball players are often tall and cheerleaders are often short? Because that seems to be true at Kentucky.

[​IMG]

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Speaking of customizing my online presence: would one of you lovely TiBettes mind getting drunk and typing something salacious? I think it's time for a new signature.

10. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Married people: what do you think about a woman changing her name upon marriage? Is it archaic or a symbolic act of a couple's decision to commit? What did you decide and why?

I'm getting married in a few months, and I feel conflicted about legally changing my last name. I've had it for 31 years, and I'm damn proud of my family. I have a doctorate and a license with my full name on it. I've worked/interned in the same industry for the last six years with the same name. I hesitate to change it and people to not have any idea who I am. It's not that I'm a Big Deal; it's just a small world and jobs and opportunities, like in most fields, are found mostly through networking. My last name is part of my identity, and I don't really want to give it up or just use it as a middle name. I already have a middle name after my grandmother who was one of my most favorite people. Hyphenating makes me feel like one of Those People who thinks that their kids Xander and Gretel are special snowflakes and only drive hybrids. Fuck that.

Conversely, I see how practical inconveniences could pop up by not having the same last name as the husband or eventual kids. Maybe that would be socially confusing. And, there's no doubt about it: his mom would hate me for it. She's already blah about me because I don't kowtow to her passive-aggressive bullshit and actually confront her. Maybe some men would think not changing it is disrespectful. I don't know. Fiance and I have talked about it some, and he doesn't seem to care one way or the other too much, but I feel conflicted. Thoughts?

11. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Change it personally but not professionally.

Or, in my case, only change it on Facebook and hope he drops the subject indefinitely.

12. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Speaking of last names had a women call into my work last week and had a doozy of a last name. She refused to say it because she said "it was too hard to pronounce" so she just spelled it out:

L-i-c-k-d-y-k-e

The fact that I had to realize why she wouldn't say it normally was funnier at the time than if she just said it. Poor girl, she either got bullied something fierce growing up or razzed hard by her friends and family when she married into it.

13. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Umm...yeah, I'd be changing that. STAT. That's a rough way to go through life.

14. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My freshman year we had two strange coincidences in my dorm. In my suite there were two girls named Elizabeth. Not so odd, except that both (established prior to school) had the nickname Libbie - which isn't the most common shortening of Elizabeth. They called themselves Libatious One and Licentious One.

The other coincidence was that we had two dudes named Shannon. Conveniently one was tall and one was short, so it was Big Shannon and Little Shannon.

15. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why not have him change his name? Problem solved, or so it seems to me.

16. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

I'd do what Angel said if it's that important to you professionally. I highly recommend against hyphenation as well. It's just a pain in the ass.

17. Not the Bees!

Not the Bees!
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

It seems like you want to keep your last name and he doesn't care either way. So why change at all? From an outsider's perspective, the reasons in the change category (possible inconvenience and pleasing the mother in law) are pretty weak compared to both the personal and practical career reasons to keep your name.

18. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are we to a point yet where marriage is, in and of itself, nothing more than a symbol to an archaic past? I can understand wanting to have a wedding ceremony because every woman wants to dress up, take pictures, get gifts and have a party......beyond that though, long haul, why is marriage still a thing? Most states now have common law marriage statutes, hell, most insurance companies pick up significant others now. Why not have the ceremony and then not even get a license?

19. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To the first question, no, we are not. To the second, if that's the reason your partner wants to get married then run like hell. All but nine states do not have common law marriage.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Told FutureWife that if we're getting married, she's taking my name. No good reason other than my selfish pride. She was planning to anyway so it didn't matter. She has a masters in nursing and has been published in journals, so I was surprised that she didn't want to keep it.

How else are people going to know that I own her if she doesn't though?

/s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.