Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

9/15/17 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Sep 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Ready to feel old?

Stone Temple Pilots legendary album Core turns 25 years old today.

#201 Crown Royal, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  2. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm committing the cardinal sin of quitting my job with out another one lined up. I have a guvvie job lined up, but haven't gone through clearance yet (ETA 5 weeks).

I simply cannot stand this shower of assholes any longer.

TIB, how should I do it?

I had joked with my girlfriend that the hardest part of quitting this job was going to be concealing the immense joy boner I had while I did it.

3. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is your new job a guarantee? Like you got an offer letter?

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ive only walked out of one job. Shittiest soul sucking shit ever. As much as I fantasized about going out big I wimpered out a broken man. If you aren't close to large impactful health concerns over your current job, I'd just say, ride it out. Otherwise your health is more important than any job.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm assuming there needs to be some burned bridges and vengeance. We need to know a few more details. Like, does your boss and other management suck, but some coworkers are okay? Or, does everybody there suck balls?

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'm thinking there should be a Steel Panther Groupie see-thru shirt involved in some way...

7. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude, the last time I took my shirt off in public, Animal Control responded...

I'm the latest casualty to a meat-grinder of a start up. In my 15 months here, we've turned over 8 people in a staff of about 15 US employees (the turnover in India might as well look like a stopwatch). I'm "in charge" of sales, and we're not selling well. Our marketing director quit in July and we've done nothing to replace her, and the CEO is playing alchemist with our Google adwords and lead flow, and the results are predictable. Good rule of thumb is 100:1 for lead flow in our industry: 100 leads of various characteristics, should lead to 10 bona-fide sales opportunities with 1 closed deal. We're at 100 leads since June. In short, the CEO has determined that I'm the problem and I agree. (I mean, not enough leads, no marketing collateral and increasing our price from $200/month to $4000 does tend to slow things down). So, I'm the next contestant on "off I shall fuck". I haven't had a vacation in 15 months, finished grad school in June, and I wasn't going to earn what I would elsewhere (a rep with a $1.5m quota should make more than $65k, in my humble opinion).

So...no, my references are all people who've left before me. This place has a reputation for turnover, and while I don't want to fuck anyone over for karmic purposes, the professionalism went out the window with the last sales meeting. Offers and late-stage interviews are all in play (3 interviews on Tuesday alone, one of them is my 3rd with the company), and I've got a Ph.D program application for 2018, so worst case scenario I can cobble together work until then. The dev/tech folks are nice, the CEO/CFO can fuck stumps and that's about all the people I work with here.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You’re making my point for me.

9. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

People act like this is a big deal, but honestly it's really easy to get another job when you can interview semi-well and have decent skills. I was really nervous when I was unemployed, but got multiple (good) offers in a relatively short time frame. Usually you should have something lined up first, but on the plus side if you just leave that gives you more time to do interviews and fill out apps.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Get some grass killer and spell out "I quit" in the lawn in front of your office.

Then go to your boss's house and draw a giant dick with it.

11. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That is true, but I think it is highly dependent on the market you are in. I interview well and have decent skills/experience and I have yet to find another tech job in Austin, TX after I got laid off Jan. 2016.

Unrelated: This is wrong, but it made me laugh. (Spoiled for size)

[​IMG]

#211 joule_thief, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  12. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
  13. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And I just saw that Dirt turns 25 today. Another good reminder of how old we are.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Unless you're overqualified for the jobs in your area. When I moved from a major tech centre to a smaller, "we're tech cuz we uze computers" area, it was almost impossible to find a local job that fit what I did... they only pop up every now and then. I could do a ton of the jobs that were available, but nobody would hire me due to them figuring (correctly) that I'd bail to a better job when it came up. That's why I do the remote work thing.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

16. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have security clearance. It took 8 months to get. Luckily the company I contract with paid me during that time. Don’t quit until you have been waved or it gets favorably adjudicated, unless you have a similar situation. We’ve also had people get denied a security clearance that seemed like they were shoe ins. Be careful.

17. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I just accidentally told my husband that I wouldn't chase away one of his friends. This was kind of in the context of a possible threesome but still.

Clearly I need to drink less and talk less.

18. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I'm going to out myself as a completely irresponsible adult here.

I should have gone with my friends to see Avatar and In This Moment but I stayed home because I just saw Stone Sour and Steel Panther on Tuesday. I've never regretted a decision to be responsible in all my life. I suck at being responsible.

I'm already trying to talk them into driving around when they get back to town so I can ride around with them and the show isn't even over yet.

19. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I read something great the other day. According to UFO conspiracy folks there is some sort of UFO super highway on the 37th parallel and it goes all over the world like some sort of UFO all around the world thing.

Guess where my property in Missouri lies?

Oh yeah...

20. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Threesomes are overrated. Someone always ends up butt hurt and I imagine in Missouri being butt hurt probably involves guns and disposing of the corpses by burning and/or eating them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.