Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

9/5/14 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I loved my Basset Hounds, but they never looked like that. I kept them on a strict diet and made sure to run the fuck out of them. They were lean little fuckers and don't let the little legs fool you, those two could keep up with most dogs in a sprint.
    My new pooch is just as awesome, doesn't shed, and doesn't drool. He's about perfect.

Attached Files:

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

We have a Wire-haired Jack Russell on our street that doesn't bark. I mean, he TRIES to bark but nothing but air comes out. It's freakin' hilarious. It's like the dog is a mime or something, I crack up every time I walk past it. The owner has no idea why the dog is mute and according to her it's always been that way.

#62 Crown Royal, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  3. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dogs.
    I love my dogs. LOVE MY DOGS. Love them. They're Boxers, so the shedding DOES happen but isn't insane. They are high energy but - for me - they aren't unmanageable at all. They don't destroy things, I can snap my fingers at either one of them and immediate behavior correction happens, except for Duke's cat aggression, life is awesome.

When it comes to labs and goldens - 1 out of 3 who come into work are good dogs. The other two are inbred to the point of fucking retarded. Mix that with the breeds' shedding, energy, and slobberyness...no...thank...you. Go ahead and layer on TOP of that, that for some fucking reason people feel the need to overfeed their dogs, and you have an obese, slobbery, hardheaded, high energy shed monster who nearly kills you when you try to take it out of the pen.

Bleargh.

If y'all ever board your pets - do them the kindness of paying the extra to have them walked, a tech to work with them one on one (if it's offered), and have them exercised as much as possible. It does SO MUCH for their disposition while boarded.

Oh, and Beagles, JRTs, and all wire haired terriers are among my least favorite breeds. Partially because of the breed characteristics and partially because I've yet to meet ANYONE who taught their dog (when it's one of those breeds) any manners.

4. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We spent some time with this little guy today, but we're waiting on the shelter to gather more info to see if he is compatible.

[​IMG]

5. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Looks like a cute little yappy nightmare.

6. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Compatible with what, rats?

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Never trust an animal that smiles at you.

Attached Files:

8. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

The one thing I was surprised at when we rescued our dog was what you had to do to get approved. And all the paperwork. And references.

Oh yeah, when I went to Dunkin yesterday I ordered two donuts and the guy gave me five. I told him he gave me the wrong order but he said they were for me. I think I go there too much. What's really sad is that I alternate between the four local ones so they don't see my face too much. It must not be working. And I only drink two cups of coffee a day. One of them just so happens to be Dunkin.

9. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Word of advice: never read poems you wrote when you were in high school.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Pfft. He stole that line from Haley Joel Osment.

12. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I knew there would be some small dog dissing.

He was very well behaved and didn't bark once.

[​IMG]

13. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Never mind. Evidently I'm not smart.

14. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would LOVE to have been able to rescue a Boxer. They wanted four personal references, your work references, your work schedule, your vaccination schedule for your current pets, their license numbers from the county you live in, an abbreviated version of your interpretation of local pet ownership laws, your plans for "what if..." (you have a baby, move, lose your job, have to travel, someone brings dogs to your house, etc.), exact measurements of your back yard or the dog's intended outside space, plans for a kennel run - if you were making one, to do a pair of home visits, to do visits with your animals to see how they behave, to know what kind of leash/walker you planned to use for your dog. The application was exhaustive and exhausting. Halfway through - I said "Fuck this." and then started searching and found Daisy on Craigslist for 100 bucks LESS than the rescue wanted. Now - she needs to be spayed and her shots but...I kinda work at a vet...so I haven't any problems working that out.

Anyway. It was too much.

I must be missing something because I can't find anything likable about DD coffee. I don't get it.

15. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for posting the obvious. Oooohhhh burnnnn.

I don't know, it's just delicious. They add the perfect amount of cream and sugar. It's like they know my deepest desires. DD gets me.

16. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think someone needs to tell me what to order. That may help.

17. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse

I just get the medium coffee cream and sugar. Nothing fancy but I love it. Some people say it's too sweet, but they're wrong. And liars. Awful awful liars. And dead to me. I had a coupon one time for an EXTRA LARGE coffee for cheaper than my medium (thanks DD app!) and I don't think I slept for 48 hours. It was glorious. The coffee, not the not sleeping. That was just okay.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

At least when all that coffee kills you dead, you're gonna be awake.

19. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I'm drinking a mixture of four different vodkas, campari, vermouth, pear liquor, pineapple juice and orange juice, and I gotta say, it works. Tastes kind of like a grapefruit.

20. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tomorrow will be my fourth different hospital in the past week. I think this sets a personal record.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.