Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

9/8/17 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim

Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Reddit has a good thread on what actually to do.

https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfi...ent_equifax_security/?st=j7cmidoa&sh=377054a1

2. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wish I could find audio of it, but I'm partial to his story about his slowest flight in the SR-71

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I have a PDF of the book, if you want a link.

They run about $500 for a used hardcover these days.

4. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a copy of the PDF as well. I think its the only book I've ever been interested in that appreciated in value

5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    This might only apply to those of us that grew up in rural areas....but remember wrist rockets? The slingshots on steroids that we used to terrorize squirrels, birds, coyotes, the old lady who would threaten you with a rake for getting in her berry patch?

They still make them! Now with stabilizers and sights!

ww.jpg

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

We did that before airsoft was a thing. Acorns and safety glasses. That shit HURT!!! But it was fun as hell too. And once in a while an asshole would sneak in a rock and ruin your day. And if you were caught cheating with a rock, you got an ass beating.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

IMG_0407.PNG
    This looks fun

@toddamus to the courtesy phone. Would you fly into that as a cat 5?

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It is absolutely insane around here in Georgia. There are no hotels with vacancies for miles. Most of the gas stations are out of fuel and the rest will be by the morning. I just got back to the house by rural road headed South. The interstate and all highways running north-south are packed. But only in the north direction. It's a little freaky. One hotel nearby has about a 100 electrical bucket trucks in the lot. Florida is about to see statewide devastation like nothing ever before. Crazy.

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Even more fun is that now instead of the surgical tubing that came with the wrist rocket, you can buy even more powerful elastic bands. From what I remember, a wrist rocket was just as powerful, though not as accurate, as a high dollar .177 Sheridan air rifle.

With either of them in your hands you were pretty much a menace to the neighborhood.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Tomorrow begins the construction on my picket fence/garden hybrid.

No way I can get a concussion from this, right? I've trimmed up all the surrounding limbs.

11. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

12. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wife and I are trying to buy her grandfather's house in the Tampa area, not right on a beach, but damn close. He spends most of his time at his girlfriend's house so it's just sitting there, empty.

As of a day or two ago, he was planning on riding it out in that house. I guess we'll talk to him in a bit and see if he changed his mind.

Maybe we can get it cheaper after this, assuming it is still there. It's old and well built, been through a ton of hurricanes before this one, but Irma is a beast. He'll probably be out there draining the pool in the middle of it, like all the rest of the hurricanes he's rode out.

13. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I drove from Georgia to Indiana yesterday. The interstate was packed with Floridiots all the way to Nashville. They are terrible, oblivious drivers.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Funny: that's how people from Florida view everybody who visits there. My friend down there calls them Alamos, named after the rental dealership.

15. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

16. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Of the 8 million ways Floridians are terrible drivers the most annoying and dangerous is how they treat every other car on the road like an enemy they need to combat. Anything to block you out of a lane, cut you off, cross into the middle of an intersection during a red light while the other light is green so they don't 'lose their spot'.

And Crown is right. They're absolutely convinced that they're the best drivers and everybody else is doing it wrong. The only reason I don't road rage is because I lived in China, and they make Floridian drivers look competent by comparison. Of course, since they view other drivers as the enemy a lot of Floridians road rage pretty hard. I've never seen so many people convinced they could clear up a traffic jam by yelling at it.

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Um. Did you just challenge fate to a duel? This should be good.

18. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

He posted earlier, but he must have removed it?

Fate: point, set, match. Slipped in goose shit, slid, ladder came down, more broken fingers I think. Clearly not wise to tempt fate.

19. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know that's he's challenging fate so much as challenging his own unique and creative ability to injure himself under any circumstances. ROTN, you're a damn prodigy.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Yeah it just wasn't a good story. Another "rotn has bad luck again," felt like it wasn't funny though or at least I didn't write it well. I didn't do anything stupid or something people could laugh at, just broke another finger because geese are assholes. Yippidy do!

What is funny though, is in digging the post holes for my fence I found an arrow head. Which was so sharp I promptly cut myself with it when I was feeling it to see how sharp it was.

And for my next trick I'm gonna touch the stove to see if it's hot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.