Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

9/8/17 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Confirmed, Grandpa is staying in his house. He went to the store and bought some can soup, sardines and Vienna sausages, he said. Didn't mention water, probably has plenty of vodka, though.

He's been in that house for 76 years and never left before.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

What's your budget?

3. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really like the Spyderco sharpmaker. I've used it on everything from hunting/kitchen knives to shop scissors and toenail clippers. It comes with medium and fine grit stones, but I'd recommend you also pick up the ultra fine stones as well to put a crazy polished edge on things. They also have diamond stones for more extensive reshaping work.

The whole thing is very compact, and I routinely keep it in my hunting bag when I go out.

4. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Today is probably my second or third favorite day of the year. I welcome our NFL overlords and am excited to have all the violence and drama my life needs, all I'm HD.

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I know Florida is about to get her shit pushed in but I am so nervous that it is coming for us. They keep shifting Irma slightly westward and she looks like she's continuing a sideways course instead of jogging north significantly.

Katrina is a semi recent example of a storm they went "off course" at the last minute. We were supposed to receive the full brunt of the storm but it headed to MS and fucked their shit up. I remember driving on westward I10 after that. Those swathes of pine forests along the highway were splinters. It was surreal.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

This guy has been made famous on Reddit for his excellent broadcasts on the hurricanes.

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Alan Seals is awesome. He is our local expert and I've watched him since I was little. I think I met him on a school field trip once. He is great at what he does and is very important in the community.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

He wanted to be a broadcast weatherman since he was 7, and it shows.

The dude is amazing at it.

9. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hand or power?

For hand sharpeners Wicked Edge or Edge Pro Apex are the way to go, I have an Edge Pro just because Wicked Edge is pretty pricey.

10. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I saw the Reddit thread too. Some people say he should have gone into teaching but arguabley he reaches and educates more people with what he does. I believe he teaches a class or two at USA campus as well as leading in other community outreach/education endeavors. He makes me proud to live here.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

13. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Thanks for all the recommendations.

Also, why does anyone ever buy anything from Cabelas or LL Bean?

Capture.PNG

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Because people will see you with the classy shopping bag, demonstrating that you are a person of higher station than others.

Also: K-Mart still exists? I haven't even seen one since Slick Willy was prez.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

LL Bean's duffel bag suitcases are the shit. $100 for the XL that Ive had for over 20 years, best it to hell and it's still a beast. For our honeymoon we did a cruise in alaska, stayed in Seattle for a bit then down to the Bahamas. 2 weeks, three totally different climates, held all the clothing for me.

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Cabela's opened a location here and it was clearanced and shut down completely within a year. Shit's expensive, yo. Alabama rednecks aren't going to Cabela's, they are going to the Super Walmart, or the Academy or the Bass Pro if they want to drop some cash. The only customer I had when I was bartending who held a Cabela's credit card was a wine drinking, golf watching, rich old fuck. They exist out here but not enough to support a whole store in the middle class/lower class part of town.

Somebody didn't do enough market research before they opened up shop.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Bass Pro also bought Cabela's, so maybe they didn't see the sense in supporting both? Or did the shutdown happen before the buy-out?

18. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

There's a K-Mart pretty close to where I live, which I suppose says something about my neighborhood (we're slowly gentrifying, I swear!). It's as exactly as run down as you would expect. I sometimes go there if I want a big bag of candy for whatever reason, and I also bought a toilet seat from there as well. That was during a period where they were trying to make money selling extended warranties on everything, so I was offered one on my toilet seat. I declined, stoically explaining that I was willing to brave the unknown with my new toilet seat and would bear the risks on my shoulders.

19. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I was not aware that deal happened, and it does indeed coincide with the closure of the store here. I just assumed business was bad for them to spend so much money on a new store and then shut down so fast. I can't find anything online about our local closure but I remember walking through the store the week it closed around the same time of the July 11 shareholder vote date; the store was ripped apart by the clearance sale and I wishing I had known about the store closing sooner. I guess if the closure depended on a vote then there wouldn't be a lot of notice unless you were paying attention to company news.

20. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    One of my roommates bought a new Harley on Friday. Now he's in the ICU. He hit a tree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.