Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Amanda Bynes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jul 24, 2013.

1. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She'd better hurry up if she wants to join, Jimi, Janis, Kurt, et al in the 27 club.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Those sites are notoriously dead wrong about those figures.

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Especially if she was on a Nick show. The residuals from every single little thing they make. You forget if it is made from children, you're talking branded school supplies, clothes, cups, bowls, plates, all that shit they can slap a picture on gets made and sold. Unless she went out and bought a massive house and a bunch of luxury cars (which most female actresses don't), then she has a little in the bank. Also, don't forget if she cleans up for two weeks and does a TV show or tell all, they'll throw 1-2 million at her just for that.

4. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Forbes had her listed for years in the Celebrity 100. She banked $4million+ a number of consecutive years. Residuals from her so-so film/tv library probably keep her in high grade pot she steals anyway, so it's all profit. Or something. Celebrity Net Worth may be wrong, but Forbes is a bit more accurate.

She's celebrity poor. So, richer than anyone here.

5. R_Flagg

R_Flagg
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

If I recall correctly, isn't there something called a Coogan account where a child actors earnings (or a big percentage of it) is set aside til the actor turns 18 or 21? Having watched her on two or three Nick shows when I was younger (I'm not sure if she gets royalities anymore, I don't think her old shows are still in syndication), plus the merchandise that no doubt was sold, yeah she's got to have some serious money stuck away somewhere, unless like you said, it's been spent.

I don't really remember seeing her on anything but 'All That' and whatever spin-off she had from that show; but I think she did do a couple of movies, so there's that too. Byne's wasn't a bad actress, nothing special, but she did well enough on those Nick shows that I figured she'd do well in adult life. Guess I was wrong.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

A new Bynes video has surfaced, that imo fairly well sums up all this in a nutshell

#26 Revengeofthenerds, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  7. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She had a shitty tween comedy on WB for years that is still on in syndication, so she might be getting residuals for that. It was probably one of those things that was written specifically for her, so I'd bet she made a decent buck off it.

The truth is that this chick is batshit crazy, we get that. But she also suffered from child-actor syndrome, where she was probably never told 'no' in her life, so that didn't help things. I don't know if its been posted, but This article by former child star Mara Wilson does a great job explaining why some child stars end up going absolutely insane.

8. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think we can all agree that Mara Wilson went insane because her father dressed in drag and pretended to be her nanny, and thats not even mentioning her psychotic principal.

9. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

They let her out?!

10. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Wow.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/25/amanda-bynes-psychiatric-hospital-5150-schizophrenia-mental-illness" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/25/amanda-by ... al-illness</a>

11. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well there's the problem right there, she's addicted to marijuana cigarettes. Thanks a lot weed, you've destroyed another life.

12. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pfft. I've smoked a bunch of weed in my day and nothing happened to me.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go stab my cat in the face, light my toes on fire, and begin kicking a brick wall while singing "Mary had a little lamb."

I SAY GOOD DAY, SIR!

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

There's nothing I enjoy more than a bowl and than a good ol' round of burning pagan symbols into neighbourhood pets with a curling iron. Then I throw a Muskoka chair through a patio door, throw the woman inside my hat, sit at the table and say "What's for dinner, lady?!?!" Then I hop on my motorcycle and ride out of town, never to be seen again.

14. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

15. dense

dense
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Awhile back I had to check myself into rehab because I was drinking vodka like most people drink water, while I was there I ran into a few people that said the only drug they used was pot, which struck me as a bit odd. This was, however, a dual-diagnosis rehab (mental/substance), and what I was told was that while pot may not be a danger in terms of physical addiction, when a person with an underlying mental problem starts using it the consequences can be severe.

Don't know if that's the case with this heroine but the whole "oh I doused a random driveway and my dog with gasoline" thing is not the act of the mentally balanced.

16. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For what it's worth, there is a link of some sort between cannabis use and schizophrenia.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_schizophrenia#Cannabis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_ ... a#Cannabis</a>

Of course, given how many people use marijuana and how rare schizophrenia is, by no means is everyone who smokes pot going to develop schizophrenia, but just because the risk is very low doesn't mean it's zero.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

And cellphone signals knock bees out of the sky and cause cancer, but death is a small price to pay for blathering ourselves into extinction.

If anybody relates her Keith Moon impressions to pot use, then they are even more retarded than Amanda Fucking Bynes.

18. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

From a cannabis supporter, it's fairly well documented that MJ can complicate mental illness.

It won't cause mental illness, but it'll fuck with already unstable serotonin levels.

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not to stray off topic but this is one of the big turn off for me with hardcore pro pot people (these laser beam eyes are staring straight at you Crown). The almost total unwillingness to ever admit on any level that this psychoactive drug could be potentially harmful to anyone in any way. I wish the last sentence was hyperbole. Most rip a bong, realize they can't black out like you can from alcohol, giggle for a while, then proclaim there is no possible way it could ever be an issue to anybody. This bitch needs to stay away from any mind altering substances not strictly controlled by a mental health professional. Period.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

If she is legitamately nuts, what did she do, catch it from somebody like its an airbourne virus? This wasn't going on in her life not eight years ago, six years ago, two years ago. All this bizarre douchebag behavior began what, 14 months ago. Before that, she was just the jowly Disney chick with the eye sockets you could sink pool balls in. Since then she's carved her body up like plastic surgery-addicted emo, turned her face into a Rob Bottin creation and left a tirade of rancid, corrosively megalomaniacal twitter posts proclaiming her to be the biggest cunt in North America. Her parents applied for conservatorship after her latest act of setting a neighbour's driveway (and almost her dog) on fire. The blow-by-blow is:

1) Hits a car drunk driving
    2) Involved in TWO MORE hit-and-runs
    3) Cited for driving with suspended license, car impounded
    4) Arrested at her apartment for possession of controlled substance, tampering with evidence (she threw a bong off the 36th floor balcony) and recless endangerment (SHE THREW HER BONG OFF THE 36th FUCKING FLOOR BALCONY.) She claims on twitter the policeman arresting her "Slapped her vagina"
    5) 3 months ago announces on Twitter she has an eating disorder, goes on a shit-show tear insulting people left and right
    6) Tries to barbecue herself and her dog in a stranger's driveway, then tries to wash the dog off in the back room of a corner store before being thrown out and arrested
    7) Bippidy-Bobbidy-Boo.

She was squeaky clean before all this, no reports of child abuse ever, her folks were solid middle-class parents and she didn't get into the Hollywood scene until she was in her tweens so she couldn't be as "damaged" like those actors forced into the business too young and turned into complete screwballs. Like Kurt Russell. Fuck did the Business turn that guy into a psycho. How does a young person who has enough money and fame to basically get whatever they want turn into a Conniption Queen in such a short time? Such a shame. She was about to become both a successful fashion designer AND rapper. Fucking seriously.

...although to be fair, the dog was a Pomeranian so she would have been doing the world a fucking favour. They're the mosquito of the dog world, set them all on fire for all I care.