Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Ballsack's Wedding

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Angel_1756, Jan 9, 2012.

1. toejam

toejam
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry to all of you who don't/haven't lived in Missouri. You don't get to participate in this joke. I'm sure you're disappointed.

2. BrianH

BrianH
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

You mean people begged out of spending a bunch of money to go to your destination wedding? You don't say. If only people on this board had pointed this out, you wouldn't be out a deposit.

3. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Two things:

1. If your plans have suddenly changed and you have no venue/caterer/photographer/limo/blah blah blah booked, and the wedding is MONTHS away, you better fucking move your ass. Good luck finding somewhere. You might find that you have no choice...you'll book where they have availability.

Maybe think outside of the box (er, conference hall). Is there a really cool place with a photographable lobby/staircase/whatever? Think of getting married at a museum, or an aquarium, or a local art place, or wherever. If they don't often see wedding parties, you might get it cheap. The photos will be cool. And then you can book a standard place for the reception.

2. He'll probably be choked at me for saying this, but fuck it. Sack is a decent, honourable guy. Frat party hairbrush stories aside, he'd never enter into the union of marriage lightly or carelessly. He'll make a good husband and a great father, and I think he's chosen well. He also had the sense to wait until he was ready for this kind of commitment, on a personal-growth level. Hats off to him, because I admire what he's doing with his life greatly.

4. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would pay good money for a Durbanite and Dcc001 relationship advice column. Sort of like a TiB Savage Love, yet somehow subtly different.

5. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Heh. Look at it this way: he identified aspects of his life that he didn't like. He knew what he wanted in a partner. He worked on himself to become better and found a genuinely good person who compliments him and (I think) they stand a chance at success.

Is it any wonder I'm impressed? I'm miles away from that point.

6. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Best idea EVER.

My congrats to Sack, because everyone deserves to be happy.

7. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

[/quote] Utah. I'm sure one of the nice Mormon churches there would be happy to host the ceremony.

I don't know where you live, Sack, but maybe the Carolina coast? Clear water, decent temperatures, and best of all they still fondly remember slavery. I'm sure you could find a fitting, restored plantation house in which to celebrate your Holy Matrimony (catered by black people in era dress).[/quote]

Hey, Carolina coast! I could show up then!*

*I know, its not happening. Still would be interesting though.

8. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

If you can't rent a hall, maybe you can rent a ... speedway?
    [​IMG]

Joking. Come to Canada. Our wedding venues welcome your American dollars. We'll even shovel you a path through the snow to the church of your choosing.

9. BrianH

BrianH
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

In all seriousness, your best option right now is probably to find a non-booked packaged deal at a country club, nice hotel, or resort stateside. Most of those are turnkey, and since your wedding is a few months away, it will be super difficult to arrange everything. JoeyHustle's wife was my wedding planner (to brag on her a bit, she was on The Knot's list of best wedding planners two years in a row), we had a year to plan, and it was still a motherfucker to get everything straight.