Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, is it possible that he didn't pull the trigger and the misfire he's describing is from fanning the hammer and releasing it onto a live round? I was thinking you had to pull the trigger at the same time, but maybe the gun was modified. Of course, none of that answers why there was a live round in the gun.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Right, but hammers don’t pull themselves. And unless it’s a toy, many replicas are still capable of firing a lethal projectile. There was negligence all around here.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Didnt see this recent interview but if it was single action he could have just cocked the hammer and it slipped or went off half cocked where he didn’t necessarily pull the trigger.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The fuck he doesn’t, he never misses. Things in submarines don’t react too well to bullets.

Not sure if it was brought up, but that really WAS a cop calling those kids “bro” in the school shooting. They were still very smart not to trust it.

5. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Has anyone seen the footage of him when the "accident" happened?
    Wouldn't that answer all of this?

He was LITERALLY being filmed.

I'd LOVE to see the look on that prick's face after it goes off.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Really? I thought one of the early reports said it was a rehearsal and was NOT being filmed.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah… I thought they were just blocking out the shot.

8. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

https://www.fox6now.com/news/waukes...anized-demonized-in-first-jailhouse-interview

So the dude who plowed through a parade of children and grandmothers feels "dehumanized," his mother hasn't visited him - although she released a statement opining how the justice system has failed her son - and he is soft-spoken and very lucid/aware.

What. The. Fuck. Why is there not the same level of coverage for this as there was for Rittenhouse, and why would they ever post an article trying to make this asshat look sympathetic? Dude is a registered child molester with a rap sheet as long as your arm in three states, and was out on bond for running over his girlfriend with a car the week prior. What planet is the media on?

9. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because the media has to be woke.

Rittenhouse was white = bad

This guy is black = not nearly as bad. Yeah, he intentionally ran over a bunch of people, but he probably had a good reason, and we should hear him out.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Don’t worry, CNN lightened his face up a bit on their website, just in case you ponderin’.

11. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So to recap you are shocked that FOX NEWS has presented a story to you that is framed in a such a way that it is designed to cause outrage in you and you are now outraged and wondering why.

12. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This was a “tragedy caused by a SUV,” according to the Washington Post. Of course he feels demonized, the car did all the damage.

13. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

That was one of the four stories listed by Google when you search "Wisconsin Parade Attack." What shocks me more that Fox's completely biased presentation is the fact that CNN, MSN and most other major organizations don't even list any part of this on their main page, considering how the Rittenhouse case was all they could talk about when it was ongoing and the parade incident was a MUCH larger tragedy that involved actual innocent people as victims.

14. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You seem to be missing the point. One of those stories is divisive and will generate outrage make people angry and drive clicks and engagement, ie earn the media corp more money.
    The other story both sides of political spectrum agree the guy is a piece of shit who deserves to be locked up so the only way to generate the outrage/engagement/$$$ is to frame it in a way to to outrage people and make them angry. You have fallen for it hook line and sinker and are now sharing their story to other people and discussing it because of how angry it made you further driving engagement and clicks to the story.

15. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think if we started shooting these assholes in the street rather than trying to understand them or make sure their feelings are protected, we'd have a lot less of this kind of shit happen.

You're an officer who responds to a school shooting and you see the shooter, gun in hand? Just smoke his ass.

( Yeah I know, the constitution and all... this is why I'm not in charge folks. )

16. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How do you determine that it isn't just some 2A rights supporter there to save the day that you just executed.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The cops just killed a guy for that reason. Naturally it was a “clean shoot”, but I don’t think it was a white guy because the NRA was silent about it. They’re the most pathetic hypocrites.

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Prosecutor made statements to the press today. She's definitely going after the parents.

19. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yup.
    57853234-06EA-4F1B-8D0F-961CAEF3E0FC.jpeg

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Good. Here in Canada, safe storage and secure access to firearms is a big fucking deal. None of this "just leave it in the nightstand drawer" stuff. I think that's a huge part of safe and responsible gun ownership.