Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Dude, read his manifesto. It’s fucking incredible. He HATES his father for not being rich enough (he produced Star Wars) and goes into fits of absolute rage over the fact no cute Asian women will fuck him for no reason. The way he talks about his family is so goddamn funny you’d think a villain from an 80’s ski-smut movie wrote it.

At times you’ll think you’re reading a man on a holiday from lithium, other times you’ll think you’re reading Faulkner. I cannot recommend it enough.

2. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Michigan shooters parents found and arrested in Detroit. People believed to have aided them by letting the couple hide in a commercial building will face charges also.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I’m still wrapping my head around the actions of these two: you anticipated your kid committing a school shooting, basically ALLOWED him to do it, he gets arrested and you abandon him —your child— and go on the run as fugitives to what, camp out in a building for the rest of your lives? This is like an American Dad episode come to life.

These people are going to be made an example of like none other. It just depends on which mob nails them the hardest.

4. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think they ought to charge the kid as a minor and really focus on sticking charges to the parents. This would not have happened if not for their actions. It seems to me like it would be easier to pin higher charges on them if the kid was charged as a minor for his involvement. He needed help, guidance and proper parenting, not a new pistol to call his own.

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Right or wrong, if you shoot up a school with fatalities and survive to trial, you're getting tried as an adult and getting the book thrown at you.

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When we talk about how creepy and weird US gun culture is, this is the kind of shit we're talking about: https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/1467197523127422979

That's a sitting US Congressman deciding that the best way to share well wishes as we approach the celebration of the birth of the Prince of Peace, is to share a photo in which his family is all posing with guns, despite there being zero danger to any of them in that moment, mere days after a senseless school shooting made national headlines. In what world does the introduction of firearms improve Christmas in any way? Even Kevin McCallister didn't need much more than a few buckets of paint and some Christmas ornaments to successfully defend his home over the holidays.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The first thing he did was shoot Harry and Marv with a gun…

8. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Where's the felony?

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A useless and ineffective gun that paled in comparison to the defensive prowess of icy stairs.

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I assume it's because the gun Massie is holding looks like an M60. But I can't imagine a sitting House Rep would be so stupid as to pose with an illegal gun, so I have to imagine he has the appropriate permits or the gun isn't quite what it looks in some fashion that makes it legal.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Looks like CNN finally fired Fredo. Now let’s give the bridge its old name back.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That family sucks. People need to get over voting for dynasties all the time just because they know the last name and they have money. Somebody’s wife or kid is NOT the second best choice in the entire province, state or county. It’s just plain lazy ignorance.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Trudeau is silently weeping somewhere.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It doesn’t even have to be that high up. Why the fuck is Giuliani’s son running for office? They do remember The Most Hated Child In The World, don’t they?

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

he needs to teach his daughter muzzle control unless he really hates his wife

16. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Probably the best response I saw was:

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

BUT HE HAD COVID

18. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Look, I don't want to defend the guy, but that comment is pretty ignorant. Calling him a "mechanical engineer" is a gross simplification. He and his wife both graduated from MIT after growing up in Kentucky. They developed a 3-D robotic haptic feedback system while in college which they later sold for millions. Also, who actually designs weapons for the military to use? Engineers, not soldiers. He's definitely not looking for a "suburban status symbol" since his living arrangement is far removed from suburbia - 1200 acres in rural Kentucky off the grid. This is all stuff I learned in 5 minutes of who-the-hell-is-this-Massie-guy Googling.

19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The movie wouldn’t have been very interesting or family-friendly if Kevin just blew Marv’s head off with a 12 gauge the second he stuck it through the doggy door.

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know who he is, the point is he is not someone who has used, or ever will use, that kind of gun for anything other than posing in photos with.