Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So......What? Seriously, if someone has the discretionary income to buy expensive items. Who gives a fuck? I dont see this as any different than mega yachts or Lil Uzi Vert putting a 24 million dollar diamond into his forehead. So is it just the optics or just something you dont like so you paint it as weird or creepy? A large sections of gun collectors admire the design, engineering, and history of guns.

2. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are we going to pretend that this isn't an utterly retarded thing to do?

[​IMG]

3. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This was from a discussion back in 2015, but today is the day the statue finally came down. The owner of the property willed it to the Battle of Nashville Trust, Inc.

Let me remind you of the statue in question:

A8254E1A-6F0C-4087-9E92-AB71F9E54A78.jpeg

…Yep.

Here’s an excerpt from the Trust, and their reason for demolishing it (and they didn’t just remove it, they knocked it down and broke it).

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That thing looks like Bart Simpson’s demonic clown bed. Hilarious.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Removing a status of Abraham Lincoln or Thomas Jefferson is retarded. A Confederate general who also helped found the KKK? We can take that one down.

6. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I remember when that thing went up; I was 16, and my dad and I were on vacation in Tennessee.
    It was on the news every day the whole time we were there.
    And I couldn't stop thinking about how insane it looked... Like seriously, someone thought: "Yup, that's a dignified look."

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hillbilly chic. Type of art you find at swap meets and flea markets.

8. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just a homemade abomination, by somebody who wanted his friend to help him to start shit (guy who made it was a friend of the land owner).

I just feel like anybody who was on any side of the issue with real emotion and conviction, was also just enjoying stirring up shit. It was on a short stretch of highway near a fucking Target megaplex strip mall, not like some scenic part of anything.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Most of the people going to that mall would probably salute it. The kind of people who have had jumper cables sitting on their kitchen table for months.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It seems like from witnesses that Ghislsne Maxwell is basically the real-life Ilsa The She-Wolf. Slimy enough to be killed with salt and a 100% upwardly-mobile predator. I am amazed the Clintons have kept her alive this long.

11. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean, I know we can’t pass up a chance to shit on a southern US state and its citizens, but no, nobody gave a shit about it. It was only brought up when a friend from out of town would visit and ask about it.

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Let's not pretend that no one cares:

13. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That’s not my point. I’m not talking about the overall issue of confederate statues in prominent locations in southern cities, where they obviously commissioned artists who attempted to create realistic looking statues.

Im talking about THIS specific “statue,” which was just a fucking dude making a steel and fiberglass abomination, and then getting his friend to let him put it on his property where only the upper half of it could be seen from the interstate, which is ten miles away from the actual city of Nashville anyway.
    To the large majority of people who knew about it, it was a joke. Now, the actual bust of Forrest that was in the capitol building? Yeah, that was something people cared about a little more.

14. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jussie Smollett found guilty.

(Shocked Pikachu face)

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Now the Chicago police can breathe a sigh of relief and say “See? We’re not ALWAYS the racist assholes you know us for.”

16. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Was he abducted and held at an undisclosed blacksite? No? Then it wasn't us."

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Honestly, what was he hoping to gain taking this to trial? How did this not get plead out first? Did he think he was going to be able to use trial publicity to advance an agenda of some kind? Everyone who participated in that trial is dumber than when they started.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Oh no, he wouldn’t be held at their secret prison. Just tortured and disappeared there.

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hearing some of his testimony and general attitude on the stand seems like he thinks the whole world runs on a twittershpere mindset where pithy clapbacks and accusations of homophobia would win the day.

I listen to Mark Geragos' podcast with Adam Carolla. At one point he directly represented Juicy. With a straight face him and his team claimed that those two black as night Africans were wearing whiteface and that theory was just as credible and thus same level of outrageousness as the state's claims of Juicy faking the incident. One of the most scumy defense attorney whoppers Ive ever heard.

20. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They had him on camera, footage of him and the two brothers conspiring, and he stuck to his story. They will make him pay dearly for wasting everyone's time and energy.