Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Now they can bury this again and the Clintons can go back to killing people sloppily using corrupt cops and fake muggers. At least she’s safe in jail, instead of suddenly becoming “suicidal” by driving 200 miles away, backing her car into a shallow pond, crawling into the backseat and stabbing herself to death with a pen while leaving a typed suicide note out of shame for speaking against the Clintons.

There should be a lot of people in prison, ruined and/or publicly shamed fot life for this entire Epstein saga. We all know these scumbags from Clinton to Spacey to Dershowitz were emganging in fuckfests with children and nothing— NOTHING came about it.

#13161 Crown Royal, Dec 30, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
  2. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

4. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The example would be set if they left him to get his arm torn off. Then they could take the rest of him to the hospital and the tiger gets a neat trophy for the inconvenience. Win/win.

5. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agreed, fuck that guy. Cool footage though.

6. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Charge the deputy with killing an endangered animal, and actually convict him. Make sure every other LEO knows that idiots are a dime a dozen, these animals are not, this one should have waited for a non-lethal solution. He made it more than 7 minutes, according to the video, had another few minutes left in him to retrieve the tranq. It made me upset hearing the idiot screaming for the cop to shoot it.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hell just popping off a round in the dirt probably would have done the trick.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

We all have TWO arms. I hope he loses it. That way he gets to walk around and be recognized as the fucking retard who demanded the murder of an endangered species. And that shitheel sheriff has NO fucking business defending his deputy: there WERE other options, like letting the thing eat that piece of shit.

9. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

So I've been thinking about Britney Spears....

Hang with me for a moment. I'll try to make it relevant as quickly as possible and then hopefully frame a coherent question around it.

She just posted a bunch of fully nude photos of herself to Instagram. They, of course, were edited and immediately censored. It got me thinking, though: what do you do in a situation like this, and what degree ought we allow personal freedom?

I haven't watched all the documentaries yet, but the ones I've seen paint an abhorrent picture of an individual who was essentially enslaved by her father and the legal system. Everyone involved profited off her situation, and I really can't stress enough how repugnant it is that such a level of...abuse? Coercion? Whatever we want to call it was legally allowed to happen. Here's an adult woman, who has generated billions, who wanted to marry, have more children, fuck - just own a cell phone, and she could not.

And yet.

Objectively, looking at her life before the conservatorship vs for the last 13 years on it...you cannot fault that she's by every metric a better person. No more crazy marriages. No sex tapes or scandals. No drugs or alcohol abuse. Solid relationship with her sons. Career coasting high with many successful concerts and residencies under her belt. If she was allowed to stay on the path she was on in '07/'08, I have no doubt she'd be on her fifth marriage, have five kids by three men, have filed for bankruptcy at least once and been to rehab at least twice.

It's a moral quandry. As an adult, you're allowed to be stupid. You're allowed to make shitty, unwise decisions that bankrupt you. In this case, family intervened and stopped it, but at what cost? And is she better off now that she's free, but maybe unable to psychologically handle that degree of life choices?

I don't know. No answers here. Ideally her family would have stepped in to help and then NOT enriched themselves in any way. Certainly that's what my parents would have done, but you don't usually get to be that mentally unstable by being raised by stellar people, and maybe that kind of money skews everything.

I guess my question is: is it better to let someone destroy themselves, or enslave them with good life choices?

10. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I say let them crash and burn. Today it might just be family that can have conservatorship, but I feel that's a slippery slope to who might end up having that kind of power.

Also, bummed that I don't follow Britney on IG. Can't find the uncensored pics.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I think a lot of those issues stemmed from her being a child star. I say protect the children from getting into this kind of a situation, but once you're an adult, do what you will.

I mean you don't hear about people stepping in and "saving" those that have won huge lottery winnings, do you? The vast majority of them end up worse off than they would have been than if they hadn't won it... and yet we let them do whatever the fuck they want.

When you're famous, reality doesn't exist. Brittney is a drop in the bucket compared to the crazy that was Prince, or Michael Jackson, or any other number of celebs.

Leave her be, and keep her father out of her business.

Unless she's legit 5150, and a physical danger to herself or others... then do what needs to be done, but have it done by a government agency, not family or someone else who is in position to take advantage of her situation.

That's the big part... her father was put in a position of trust with a fucked up oversight, and they should be held harshly accountable for failing in those roles.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

She's clearly insane and probably needs a conservator.

13. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As long as someone isn't violent to themselves or others, they should be free to fail at life. No one stepped in to stop Charlie Sheen and multiple others like him.

14. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sell sex for 20 years and no one bats an eye. Give it away for free once and people think you're nuts.

15. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She's made a career of staying in the public eye, somewhat controversially. I'd wager those phoos were part of a publicity campaign, and that's why they were hastily taken down. She might be off the leash, but she still only knows the same tricks.

16. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When you think about it though, how much do you think some paparazzi photographer has been trying to get an upskirt shot of her, or a nip slip? Screw it, strip down, release them yourself and own that shit, maybe they'll leave her alone.

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yup. All of this. I think Britney Spears probably has some legit mental health issues that aren’t directly related to drug abuse. I’d take an uneducated guess and say pretty substantial bipolar disorder. The only difference between her and your run of the mill transient with the same issues is they haven’t found a way to generate huge piles of cash.

Goes back to the personal liberties of the mentally ill. ACLU fought in the 60s and 70s to let them go unmedicated if they didn’t want. Schizos with no grip on reality without them. Coupled with the push for community treatment over state run facilities and then Reagan not funding that they were put out to the streets.

Family conservatorships could be a powerful tool to help people off the streets. This circus with the Spears family has fucked up the idea of it pretty bad in the public eye.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That’s what Bella Thorne did. She was being blackmailed by some creep with Fappening treatment so she released her photos herself and erased his clout.

19. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Britney never grew up.
    She was never parented.
    She’s fucked up as a football bat.

I wish someone in her circle would encourage her to take a life schools class or something.

20. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The "leave Britney alone" movement is equally weird to me. LIke, she gets empathy when a lot of similar celebrities don't. What gives?