Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It seems the sub is open again.

This thread is a hell of a read.

https://www.reddit.com/r/antiwork/comments/sdwd28/statement_rantiwork/

Snippet:

Who's /u/Kimezukae

? Why did he do interviews?

Hello, I'm a 21 years old male, long-term unemployed and an Anarchist. I've been surfing this Subreddit since 2020 and it helped me in my journey when I started to began to be unemployed. When I began to read this Subreddit I was a leftist-liberal, namely a social-democrat. I've been reading some of the recommended literature from the library since then, for example Bob Black's "Abolition of Work" and have been radicalized to an Anarchist.

I was randomly invited by a former mod that quit 1 week ago, named /u/onedayitwillbedaisy

and after thinking for some while about it, accepted it.

I'm aware that this movement is fluid, there are people with all kind of ideologies, history and I've been trying to say exactly that in the written interview of the New York Times. I've said that I merely see myself as a volunteer, just as another Anti-Worker just as you are reading this. From now I'll personally plan to not do interviews in the short-term future and I'm open to feedback regarding that.

I'm going as long as nothing other is planned to be the new librarian of the antiwork's library. So far I've got one request to read through a sort of research paper and asked in the internal chat about the thoughts, after reading through it myself for an hour. I'll be revisiting the piece and think again whether to add it.

I've always tried to listen to feedback, especially from the people that are the longest active in this subreddit. I've been trying to implement some and failed in some, for example it was suggested by an user to make an anti-work counter media, namely, that we are doing our own sort of media to counter any wrong messages by news outlets. However, this was a too big project to take on for me alone and I didn't told others about the subreddit I created because back then I was still too new and didn't wanted to make any big changes. Like I said, I'm very passionate to keep the /r/antiwork spirit and movement alive and have been personally investing more than 10 hours moderating this subreddit in the last 2 day, to the point of sleep deprivation. I'll be taking care of that after today by having a good night's sleep and I hope you continue to enjoy your stay in /r/antiwork

Thank you.​

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The responses to that are fucking hilarious.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Seriously... it's fucking hilarious.

Too stupid to know they're stupid is an understatement, and they are getting fucking roasted alive.

I can't imagine the sub stays public for much longer.

4. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

This was posted in there

909A5D7D-44CD-47A5-B77F-208C71CD6254.jpeg

That entire place is a beautiful shitshow and I am 100% here for it.

6. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ten hours spread over two days?

Oh, the humanity!!

I don't hang out with techies that made their money off an app or something similar so everyone I know that is successful has worked for it and put in their time. I know I haven't got to where I am today by trying to work *less*. Bunch of fucking crybabies in that subreddit IMO

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I can’t imagine why anyone would out themselves as a moderator of ANY forum in the world, much less one of a pathetic r/ like anti work.
    A lot of those dingleberries in various R’s seem to regard something shameful as an identity you should be proud of, like incels. Really they should be ashamed of themselves and in a normal world would entirely lack the confidence to actually say the bullshit they post on Reddit to anybody, but forums like that are an echo chamber that builds unnecessary confidence.

Before the internet existed, people like this stayed in the shadows until Games Workshop opened. And went back to them when it closed.

8. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I worked with a guy who made an app that plays sounds to help you fall asleep to. The genius? With an app like that you can run fullscreen ads nonstop for eight hours. His ad impressions were literally 1000x other apps. Sure the clickthrough rates were absolute dogshit, but this was the early days where it was a wild west and ad providers were paying purely on impressions and not on installs or some other relevant metric. Dude was pulling down a few hundred thousand dollars a year passively. I think he kept working just to socialize. He certainly wasn't committed to the grind, as he'd crack a beer at his desk every day at "quittin' time" which happened to be 4 PM.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I hate to say it, but sometimes bullying works.

10. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately.

Obviously now bullying is a completely different animal now than when those on this board were kids. Now with cell phones and social media bullying follows you home and bullies have a direct line to you at all times. And bullying for shit that can’t be changed, racist, homophobic, disabilities and so on is worthy of a beat down.

But I wonder to what extent some pressure for having behavior outside social norms can have beneficial outcomes. I was a smarmy know it all as a kid. I bounced around from school to school as my dad was in the military, and never really could form good friendships, and I guess being studious and showing off was my way of being noticed. One I settled down in schools, I was bullied for these personality traits (and being a chubby kid, but I fixed that on my own). My personality was annoying to others and prevented me from fitting in and working well with others.

So I worked with my shrink as a high schooler to correct behaviours that made me an outcast and I grew to be a better person who learned how to interact better with others which I think makes me a better friend, coworker, partner. If there hadn’t been social pressure applied, even the mean spirited shit, I wouldn’t be where I am today.

11. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

13. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

15. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There are lots of articles about it. Here's one from CNN. I'm honestly trying to figure out what happened here. If you find better info please post it.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/10/entertainment/dave-chappelle-affordable-housing/index.html

16. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Everyone is after Chappelle because of his views on trans folk, and he has a target on his back for lack of wokeness.

If this warrants the level of scrutiny we are seeing, then I guess no kids starved, died or were raped in the past few weeks.....oh wait, nope.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The voice of a few idiots always seems to be so much louder than the majority of normal people these days.

Comedy does not deserve to be attacked, and the people attacking it don’t understand comedy at all. The meaner it is, the funnier it is. And it doesn’t matter how it’s delivered, the only things that matters is the INTENT. People who can’t figure out something that simple can go fuck themselves, they have no sense of humour and need to skulk back into the shadows and not be heard from. Shut. The fuck. Up.

18. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

*Many* a top shelf, solid joke have been ruined by a poor setup, just saying.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I know, I watched “Nanette”. But to be fair everything about it was bad.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Aside from this zoning issue Chappelle has waded into this week Rogan should just take a page and just stay silent on the outrage of the moment. Chappelle was the center of the media's stoking of pop culture's outrage for about 2 weeks. Netflix held out, Chappelle stopped making official statements, and everyone moved on.

Part of the population living in this traditionally crunchy town doesnt want to smash the small town vibe with garish condo development. Outsiders unhappy with the price of moving into this popular crunchy town want more affordable housing. Im not sure what Chappelle's real angle with this is. Maybe he just doesnt want low cost housing ruining the vibe but putting in a huge club is going to really do the same thing.