Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I want him to show up in some secret exoskeleton he’s been working on.

2. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He's going to show up, say that the only reason Putin wants to rescue ethnic Russians in Eastern Ukraine is because he's a pedophile, and then get his shit rocked.

4. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Without any form of mechanical advantage, I see Putin gouging Musk's eyes out of his head then strutting around the man while he screams for a bit before delivering some kind of death blow.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Putin is 5'7'' and 70 years old. Just push him over.

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You say that like Musk's water bottle wouldn't be spiked with polonium hours in advance of the fight. Hard to push over a man of any height when you're puking up your stomach lining.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

5’7” is basically a midget. I don’t see what the issue is.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

So he’s Tom Cruise.

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Russian State TV is now calling for the return of Alaska and Fort Ross in California. Time to send 300 Spartans with the hardest nipples you've ever seen (due to the cold) to the frontier to deliver a "come and take it."

10. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The more they lose, the more insane the demands are becoming. I just read that British intelligence is reporting that so many Russian soldiers have been killed that they don’t have enough people to form any real offensive. They have spread their forces around the country so thinly, and are so poorly supported, they just get to sit in the forest and starve. Meanwhile, the Ukrainians are running ambushes and destroying lots of helicopters.

Im not sure what all these other mercenary forces they claim are coming to help them will be paid with.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

They’ll receive a goody bag filled with the finest crude oil to take home.

12. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

We're used to watching the film recorded by the reporter embedded with the unit that mops up the stragglers after America kicks their third world teeth in.[/QUOTE]
    We’re also used to watching America eventually lose those wars. All of them. Might doesn’t matter anymore, because the most powerful nation loses in Vietnam, Iraq, Somalia, Afghanistan, etc. Oceans of blood for no results.

Constantly watching the play highlights of the losing team for the past four decades certainly has been deceiving. It gives people a false sense of not only what is happening, but also that that they will always be safe.

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

A lack of a formal declaration of war seems to make these engagements half-hearted and under-resourced. The US military could have easily crushed the civilian populations in each of these places, but then we’d just be the pariah Russia is now.

My personal conspiracy theory is the messy withdrawal from Afghanistan was because the Biden Administration started getting intel reports of what Russia was planning and had to free up troops in case they needed to be deployed to Europe.

15. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's a difference between "losing a war" and "choosing not to win a war". In all those places, our objective had less to do with winning, more with "occupying" and "winning hearts and minds". This Russian effort is the closest we've come in our lifetimes to a country setting out to actually *destroy* another, and even they are holding back. They're not scorching the earth just yet.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Bosnia-Serbia was as nasty and horrific as it gets. That was considered a civil war to some, but was it? Nothing held back there, especially when it came to the genocide. Putin is definitely not above what Ol’ Slobodan was capable of, both of them wish(ed) to eradicate every single person that doesn’t conform to them.

17. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The problem with how our country chooses to fight wars these days is that the rules of engagement are so frigging lopsided we set our troops up for failure before the shooting even starts. Someone is shooting at you from a mosque? You can't shoot back or shell the shit out of it, lest we offend the rest of the Muslim world. Waging war to "win hearts and minds" is like fucking for virginity. Get in there, destroy them and get the hell out, leaving them an example for anyone else who might be feeling froggy. Stop paying these self-proclaimed "warlords" off so they can laugh and start shooting when our backs are turned.

In other ( sort of ) news, I came in the room as President Zelenskyy's address to Congress cut away to a very graphic video of what's being done to the people of his country. Folks, I've seen a lot of shit, including a lot of dead people, but that video absolutely gutted me.

18. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is false.

Within the Law of Armed Conflict (LOAC) guidlines, if the enemy is using a mosque (or any religious site) for military purposes, it loses it's protected status. They don't have to even be shooting at you. If you observe the enemy storing weapons/munitions at a religious site, it becomes a valid military target.

The question for commanders...does the benefit of destroying it outweigh potential costs?

19. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Eh, maybe I'm wrong in that respect. I still think trying to make friends of the enemy through war is fucking stupid.

20. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Apparently the sanctions have caused a huge data storage shortage in Russia
    Fascinating watching all the fallout from the sanctions and seeing how far reaching the effects are.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...is-with-just-two-months-of-data-storage-left/