Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Man, that's tough. Thanks for adding that personal perspective. Reading what you wrote, what we're all thinking is,
    was she hot?

2. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

About 30 lbs ago. Then again, I like my women thin. Probably be right up the alley of a few guys on this board.

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I've been looking seriously into hosting Ukrainian refugees but from what I can tell. The US has committed to taking 100k at this time but no assistance with travel is given. Many will go to family connections and the paperwork aspect should be easy to let them get in and stay. Most of the other state or non profits are helping with welcoming and giving financial or other aide, but I don't see anything about anyone connecting hosts with people in need. I guess it's not a thing? Or maybe you would have to get in touch with the Ukrainian embassy or something? Anyone know anything about this topic?

4. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't know a ton, but a friend forwarded a solicitation from one of her friends looking for someone who could put up a family for a few months. I would say make contact with local Ukrainian Americans and they're likely to have an informal line, Kevin Bacon style, to someone who's looking for help.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My sister in law is Ukrainian from Kiev and my brother offered to bring her mom and the mom’s boyfriend over months ago but they refused and as far as I know stayed in Kiev. She’s a nurse. Crazy stuff.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Watching the Hillsong Church fall apart at the seams and their people in charge having their lives ruined tastes soooooo sweet. Remember: no matter how much you dress up your church with money and celebrities, it’s STILL just another cult that abuses and rapes children.

7. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All Christians should be executed.

8. kindalas

kindalas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not to be one to defend churches and religion but I though that I should take a moment to correct a small omission in your statement.

Churches also murder children and dump their bodies in unmarked graves.

You know so that when they die and go to heaven they wont be pestered by their victims who are burning in hell due to their improper burials.

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    After exhaustive research (Reading a couple of posts in this thread) and applying the same logic as exhibited therein, I can say with all certainty that all Canadians agree with your sentiment. Every single one of them.

10. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bad shooting in Sacramento last night. So far 6 dead and 16 injured. They're calling it a mass shooting but to me, a "mass shooting" is a single person (sometimes two people) who have a specific target. School, church, venue etc. This sounds like several groups of people who got into an altercation and started shooting at each other.

It is eerie seeing all those little evidence markers on streets that I've been on hundreds of times though.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I contacted the Ukrainian Orthodox church in Portland, no reply yet, but I think there's actually a lot of people who are willing to host compared to the numbers able to get here... So far. I read some articles that stated basically the same.

I found this website, in case anyone else would like to host. It's a pretty nifty site.
    https://www.ukrainetakeshelter.com/
    There's actually a couple hosts in my town posted, plus more all around this general area.

I'm here if someone needs it, and nothing might happen, but it's kind of an uplifting feeling to know that there are others in your community willing to do the same.

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ukrainians shot down an SU-35. That'll hurt the ol' Russian military budget.

13. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's been some concerns re: the two tech bros who run this site not doing enough to filter out the predators putting in requests for single moms specifically.

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Awful but not surprising. I didn't know that. Do you have an article or something?

15. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

16. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

17. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dictator surrounded by yes men thinks this latest military offensive is gonna run just like the last one, or at worst he'll be dealing with Afghan-level resistance. We should be taking notes, the next regime we seek to change will likely have the same in store for us.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

19. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To be fair, the real gang problem is in LASD, which is a second law enforcement agency with a multi-billion dollar annual budget in LA.