Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

"Now with fewer lips!"

2. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

My thought as well. He can see internal policies, memos, shit between executives and any of the other juicy stuff under the hood. I would imagine any inaccurate reporting of fake/bot accounts would permanently damage the platform.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'd buy that theory.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Imagine if that is all this was... setting up a sale to get to the bottom of the bot problem, and then being able to publicly say "deal died because it's not the 5% they said it was".

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

They will have a serious problem if that’s true. They’ve had what, almost 20 rounds of funding? If any of those rounds were contingent on an accurate user count that was misreported, investors could have a case for fraud. Not to mentioned the blue checkmarks that live and die for their Twitter clout finding out that a decent percentage of their followers are bullshit.

If the whole thing is a house of cards, it would explain why Dorsey is all of a sudden coming around on a lot of the issues he was previously so reticent on.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

My gut says 10-20% of all users are bots. Anyone feel that’s high?

8. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

High? Nope, my guess would be right in that range, it wouldn’t shock me if it was higher.

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

This is about the current situation in the Canadian housing market, this man (unsure of his name??) Is introducing the problems that have contributed to the current crisis as an intro to a package of legislation to help this problem. What do you Canadians think?

https://v.redd.it/2obtfboabgz81

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Mass shooting in a Buffalo grocery store. “Suspect” in body armor and taken alive. 8 dead so far, including a security guard who engaged him and was prevented from killing him due to said body armor.

further, he posted a manifesto online, which police are investigating because it is VERY anti-immigration, specifically VERY anti-black. I have a link if the mods say it’s okay to post. It’s a fascinating look into a killer’s mind, and an absolutely maddening view into what some of these fucking pieces of shit actually think about you and I.

I have a feeling this will be a story for a while because of the details involved, so… yeah

11. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude was practically quoting Tucker Carlson in that thing.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of replacement theory playing non stop

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

google has removed the manifesto because it's in violation of their TOS. This shit is gonna be all over the news. Fucker was talking about how the white birth rate needed to increase and "the blacks" were invading "our" country. He even acknowledge the hypocrisy that he was at one point an immigrant himself and that technically this land was taken from Native Americans, but said that we're too far for that to ever be reversed so now we just need to focus on basically scaring away people of color,

He also wrote that he wanted to be taken alive, go to trial and plead guilty, in order to increase media coverage and chances of copycat crimes.

Seriously, fuck that guy. 18 years old.

14. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Okay, wait... BLACK people are overrunning our Southern border?

I live on ground-zero for the invasion, and I've talked with Border Patrol agents, and yeah, there are people of all races coming through, but MOSTLY it's Central Americans. Not that I like that either, I'm just saying.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

If you and your family lived in one of those countries, wouldn’t you flee for a better life? Some of the kindest, most genuinely appreciative, hardest working people I’ve met have been from central and South America. Puerto Rico too. We’re getting a MASSIVE Puerto Rican population here, especially after Maria wrecked the island and then we wrecked up helping them. The more the merrier!

16. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've written about this before, but the immigration issues stem from climate change, especially in places like Central America.

You have most of the population situated in villages that depend on subsistence and small-scale farming. No infrastructure, no education, no family planning, so they have a bunch of children, many of whom don't make it to adulthood, or have severe issues. Solution 1: family planning, specifically focused on female empowerment addresses that. As the climate changes, things like deforestation, drought, crop diseases/pests make subsistence farming unpredictable and untenable. Rather than starve to death, these people face few options. Some of these kids will go to the city instead, and find themselves homeless, subject to gangs or crime. Some choose to immigrate. Solution 2: stabilize farming, build out infrastructure, add things like irrigation systems, smale-scale crop diversification, fertilizer, improved logistics (roads, bridges, etc.). However, that set of solutions can't hold back the tide of climate change. Crops dying on the vine, the unfarmed food sources (mango trees, fishing in lakes and rivers, wild food options) start to diminish, and again these are people facing starvation. Large places like Mexico and Brazil have enough land to industrialize farming and stabilize a food supply for the entire population, often trading with other developed nations on key commodities. Small countries like Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, etc. don't have millions of acres to parcel out and farm that way, nor can they overcome the social, political and cultural obstacles to redistribute what land they do have. Solution 3: political and educational reform, using massive infrastructure projects and international aid as incentives. These projects create billions in debt that can never realistically be paid off, often destabilizing local currencies, and the reforms aren't usually to the benefit or independence of the local people, they are used to further the goals of the various actors. The US State Department doesn't want to help Honduras become less dependent, less cooperative or a more reluctant ally.

Read "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" for some old examples of this, and know the practice has not diminished in the fucking least.

These countries are almost all on the verge of destabilization within the next few decades, and they aren't even confronting the worst of it. Places in the Middle East will soon find it impossible for humans to exist there in some temperatures without massive, expensive and energy-hungry infrastructure projects, and you can't just put AC on an entire fucking country, especially not one filled to the brim with poor, uneducated and largely maligned people. Literally, you can get heat stroke within minutes in some of these places by being outside, and death from exposure is increasing year after year.

Of our global population of 7 billion, somewhere between 2-3 billion of them live in places that are going to become unlivable in a variety of ways within the next few years, certainly within a window of 3 decades. You have millions of people confronting starvation now, when it turns to billions...

I'm sure that when their children starve, and their homes turn to desert, they will give us an excuse for the Ford F-fuck-50's that get 9 miles to the gallon, and they won't mind our willful ignorance to the plight of climate change.

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As bad as it is in the Western Hemisphere, the Eastern Hemisphere is going to be a complete shitshow. Bangladesh is a country of 150 million people, fully 2/3rds of which is no more than 15 feet above sea level.

18. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe he was just there to protect the business.

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

unlike that stupid fucker, there is zero chance this guy gets off

20. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good thing I don’t go on 4chan, or this would be more my fault than it already is.