Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

2. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

It certainly seems like there is a cover-up of some kind. They didn’t waste any time circling the wagons.

4. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Weird statement. There’s supposedly 18 minutes missing from the radio transmissions during the shooting. I’m starting to wonder if maybe there was some kind of shootout and the cops inadvertently killed some of the kids? It sounds crazy but you never know. They really didn’t want anyone getting to their own kids. But the cops made sure to save their own.

Whatever happened has to be way worse than what we’ve already heard.

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

it's worth noting that Uvalde is such a small town, the coworkers these cops are allegedly covering for are also likely relatives, friends, or acquaintances in one way or another. They're gonna go to great, possibly criminal, lengths to hide any wrongdoing if there was such. Small towns are a great place to live, except when something bad happens at the top.

Then you get the whole element of the border patrol coming in and doing their jobs for them, which as fucked up of a situation as it is I imagine when the call went out the BP was at least a bit excited to finally see some action instead of guarding a wall no one wanted.

Another thing to watch for will be the legal concept of "Duty to Protect." I.e. the cops have no duty to protect the public at large. Call 911 because someone broke into your house and is raping you? Hopefully the police arrive and stop nett, but they are under no legal obligation to do so. In the same way, they were under no legal obligation to go in and rescue those children. Fucked up, but that's the law as it stands. One of the many laws, in my opinion, that should be changed.

6. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All that's missing is Orson Scott Card and that's 3 of my once favorite authors drunk on the koolaid.

Attached Files:

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I also love how a published author is using Twitter, a character limited media, to have a "thought experiment," which would require discussion. I've seen other Twitter people posting like 20 blerbs back to back to explain some topic.

People use it, it's there. But what a garbage platform.

8. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy fuck when Ian Miles Cheong is the voice of reason in a conversation.

9. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And he's not even from around here!

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And by here you mean Earth? Bug eyed alien-looking motherfucker.

11. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean he's from SE Asia and has never set foot in the US tho he makes his way as a "professional commentator" on our politics and culture.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You must mean Arthur Chu. He played Mr. Saturn on “Earthbound”.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Yep, that’s InfoWars.

14. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Whoa now. No personal attacks.

15. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m wondering if it’s 18 minutes of the cops trying to figure out who’s in charge, while trying not to be the one in charge, and the BP agent that @Revengeofthenerds posted about heard the shitshow and decided something needed to be done.

I grew up in rural PA, and there were a lot of families who listened in to the scanner. I’d be shocked if in Texas there weren’t a bunch of people listening. I’d think it would come out soon.
    I hope it does, because…fuck, people need to know all the ways things were fucked up.

#14415 NatCH, May 26, 2022
    Last edited: May 26, 2022
  16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I would like to read an essay by Tucker Max on “woke honor culture.”

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I doubt I’ll ever read anything by him again. He’s completely lost his fucking mind. It would be no different than the ramblings of a urine-stained homeless lunatic who screams at park statues for being CIA agents.

18. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

While not in a law enforcement capacity, I know what it's like to have a job to do, knowing that someone's very life depends on me charging in and doing my job, yet unable to because it's not safe to do so yet. I also know what it's like to have to make life altering decisions, under extreme stress, when seconds count. And I know full well what it's like to have someone who wasn't there second guess those decisions days later, from the perspective of their desk chair.

And for that reason, and that reason alone, I'm not jumping on the bandwagon to criticize responding officers. That doesn't mean there shouldn't be an examination of the response, if only to make improvements for the next time ( and there will be a next time ). But I'm not going to crucify them from over 1,000 miles away.

And for what it's worth, I read an article this morning that a mother of a student inside the school is on record as saying officers did everything they could do.

19. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's when four brothers murder their sister for shaming the family by acknowledging her privilege.

20. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The more we learn about this shooting, the more baffling it is about the multitudes of police outside the school doing absolutely nothing for about an hour. AND telling the feds that arrived on scene to not go into the school. Because they didn’t think people were in immediate danger?

Wut?

Meanwhile, kids from inside the school were calling 911 and begging for the police. Jfc.

And then the head of Texas DPS is trying to pin this on one of the teachers.