Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That video of the legal breakdown is pretty great though.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

this will be taught in every L1 civ pro class around the country, effective immediately. For me, it being in Texas, I remembered in real time from civ pro exactly how they fucked up so it was even more hilarious. This is seriously first year, first semester of law school, super basic shit. That defense attorney will never work another legal case in his life.

It also doesn't take a big stretch of the imagination to believe the raid on trump's house was the result, at least in part, of these texts. Some serious shit is about to go down, and I do believe that lawyer's fuckup is the first domino to fall.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I would disagree with that.

The amount of evidence required to serve a no-knock search warrant on a past President is a fucking mountain, and would have taken serious amounts of time to amass, review, and get signed off.

There's no way that anything from Jones' cell phone would have added to that, in my opinion.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I was thinking along the lines of jones telling trump to take certain documents, and that gave the FBI enough specific evidence to say like "okay, we know XYZ is in there, let us go get it"

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I haven't been following all that closely, but my understanding is that the Archives team already know all the docs that he took, and they are the ones pushing for their return.

6. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If that's all it is, then this will end up being a big nothingburger, right?

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

generally, if the FBI executes a no-knock search warrant on your home, you can expect to be charged with a federal crime

*edit* tbh, I never expected trump to get a federal search warrant executed on MIL. This was far beyond the scope of anything I anticipated. I figured at most they'd get him on the state charges in NY. Never in a million years did I expect his house to be subject to search and seizure.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

If he took classified docs he was not allowed to I think that’s a big deal.

Also, in the case of taking such docs, one provision/element of the charge is that it removes you from any future federal office.

So if he gets charged, and even just gets a fine, or less, he can’t ever run for President again.

That might be the compromise people are looking for. He’s not in jail, but he’s removed from the running.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Has there been any confirmation whatsoever that “removing classified documents” is what they were actually investigating? Seems a like a ton of speculation all around at this point.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I don’t think anyone has confirmed anything at this point.

But he also lost his appeal for turning his tax docs over to the NYAG.

I think he may be having a bad day.

11. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mostly speculation. I think the "strongest" confirmation comes from a NYT article, that said:

So "people familiar" but nothing official yet.

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Trump's attorney is claiming that the FBI may have planted evidence during the search. We are well into the "we're definitely expecting extremely criminal things to be announced" part of the gambit.

Also the attorney has confirmed the warrant pertained to the Presidential Records act / classified documents.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

He said as his hair color ran down the side of his head.

14. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sure. Planted evidence. When his theft of classified documents was known 6 months ago:

https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...trump-took-classified-documents-to-mar-a-lago

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

it was also widely known that during his time in the white house he had a nasty habit of ripping whatever he was reading/writing to shreds when he was done with it before throwing it in the trash. Aids had to tape the documents back together. He was also known for attempting to flush documents down the toilet.

Another fun tidbit: people who play golf with him call him "Pele," because he always tries to kick bad lays onto the green when people aren't looking.

Dude is just a shit human.

16. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As I posted in the other thread, this is completely untrue. The constitution overrules US code and you can't be disqualified for running for federal office by taking documents. You MAY however be disqualified from, say, working at the FBI or the CIA for stealing classified documents.

17. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is Giuliani still his attorney? I thought Trump still hadn't paid him a red cent.

Or did orange man find some new sucker?

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

After being burned by old-dude New York lawyers twice now, he's reverted to his classic habits and gone with a hot young woman: https://twitter.com/christina_bobb

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Some sources saying FBI confiscated Scott Perry’s phone in another warrant. Perry asked trump for a pardon.

20. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

PLEASE tell me that she sounds as dumb as Melissa Carohn.