Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dana Loesch being aggressively and intentionally wrong. I'm shocked.

3. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She's arguably the most bad faith gop public figure outside of the elected ones.

4. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do the Dem's have any hot, idiot women or is that purely a Rep thing?

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

AOC is decent-looking when she isn’t doing her donkey face, or talking.

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is anyone else worried that Republicans can write more fantasy in between the time when Pelosi was attacked and when the charges were filed, than George RR Martin can write in between the release of Season 1 of GoT and season 2 of HotD more than ten years later?

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

As an outsider, I just can't believe the bullshit that is spewed everywhere, and is actually taken seriously.

More and more, day after day, your politics is looking like some weird parody of an insane asylum.

How you can be considered the world standard for "Freedom" or "Democracy" is beyond me.

8. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel like only some Americans think that about us. I doubt we are seen that way by other developed countries.

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Charges against Canadian-born David DePape carry sentences of up to 50 years

I blame you for this.

10. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I still think this is the best country in the world, but god damn it, stop with the outlandish shit. Not you, politicians. The proper response from ALL politicians should've been "This is straight up bullshit. Depape will be tried to the fullest extent of the law and we will not stand for this"

This country is becoming more and more divided and frankly, I don't see how we come back from it. I read a poll that 80% of Americans think the other party's policies will ruin the country if not stopped. How do you sit down and talk things out when 80% of the population essentially thinks the other side is the enemy?

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/23/nbc...erest-and-polarization-ahead-of-midterms.html

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

You guys are welcome to take up that mantle. Seriously, we’re all set. But it comes with potentially fighting WW3 against the Russians. No givsie-backsies.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

There's a reason I bought an Airstream and an attack dog... you're leaking into Canada, via Alberta.

Just let me go out into the wilderness and leave me the fuck alone.

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

No.

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Typed on a starlink internet connection.

After years of “RUSSIAN PEE TAPE KOMPROMAT REEEEEEEEEE!!! ^Trade Mark.” A little gay lover tryst gone wrong feels quaint. Maybe Paul pelosi is friends with Ed Buck?

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Not tonight...

But don't get me wrong. Individual Americans that I know are fantastic people. The people I've met racing, or on here, are truly interesting and fun people.

The problem I have is that a shit ton of your elected officials... your REPRESENTATIVES, are fucking morons, or are playing to a field of morons.

The absolute shit that we see here in Canada is never the good stuff, it's always the "WTF" stuff that bleeds over.

Your fucking leaders, most of them that make the news, anyway, that were properly elected (despite what WAY TOO MANY people think), are corrupt and moronic, and do NOT give a shit about anyone other than themselves. And they seem to have a fucking legion of morons backing them.

It's not getting better.

Year after year, it's getting worse.

You have religious zealots fighting their hardest to bring "church values" into government... and it's fucking insane.

"Oh, they'll never do it" people say... but people, even on here, said "oh, there's no way Roe v Wade will get overturned."

Yeah... how'd that work out for you?

Anyway, don't mean to go off on it... I'm a bit under the weather (non-Covid lung infection) and am a bit stoned on some meds... so my tolerance of Twitter and politics in general is much, much lower than usual.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

as they say, those who should be politicians would never want to be one and the people who do are the kind of people you don't want representing you (same thing with cops actually -- the kinds of people who would make good cops do other things, and the job attracts people who are in it for the wrong reasons). The *good* people never want to get involved in the dirty, slimy world of even local political stuff, never mind on the national level. And the people who are completely self-obsessed, their morals have a price, love pandering to a crowd, will say or do anything if it helps them climb the ladder and gains them attention -- those are the ones who end up being politicians, because it that's what it takes to be an effective one. Same concept as how there's a much higher rate of psychopaths who are CEOs vs. the general population.

18. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Outside of there's waaay to much money involved in elections, our problem is that it's almost impossible for a centrist candidate to win their primary.

It's like only the lunatic fringe vote in a primary and they vote for the fellow far right/left lunatic on the ballot. It's yes/no politics at it's worst.

19. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To be fair, the first thing that pops into my head when I think of news stories I’ve ever heard from Canada is a dude getting murdered and maybe eaten on a bus. That was pretty WTF.

Your music is good though.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The only things I’ve heard out of Canada is the trucker protests and Chinese police stations.