Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It’s nice to know that lying idiot Dorsey brought on Rogan will no longer be taking in $20 million a year to impose her feelings on half a billion people.

Brah, you should hear the 411 we get about your protests and police stations. Ours may be run by immigrants, while yours make them vanish from the earth (see: Chicago).

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

You'll get no argument from me there. The whole "defund the police" thing is one of the single greatest political blunders in the last 20 years (aside from the Iraq War).

Pretty sure we have shadow Chinese consulates setup here whey they pressure Chinese-American citizens to return to the home country.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

An ancient, secret society who having been urinating in our cola for decades.

4. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What's their cover? Chinese restaurants with good food, or the Chinese restaurants with bad food?

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

They need more people to sanitize the runways of COVID at Shanghai airport.

6. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Chinese run Italian restaurants.

I ate in one down in Louisiana of all places. Horrific. I can easily believe the cooks were there involuntarily.

7. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey man, the medal count is serious business.

8. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Regarding Twitter and the blue checkmark issue:

Someone on Reddit just suggested something that sounds like pure genius to me: a Twitter "swear jar," where you can pay to say racist/ homophobic/ anti-semitic things.

Elon will make his $44B back in no time...

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

We should have 4chan feed into Twitter via API. Since 4chan doesn't use HTTPS, we can harvest the connection data and send "anonymous" posters a bill for services rendered. Money machine.

Edit: Well it didn't used to have HTTPS, oh well. YEAH BUT STILL.

10. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is the land of the free, where people come to live their dreams. Chinese people can fuck up whatever food they want, ya racist.

11. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why do truckers love fascism?

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

It's not really just truckers, its how Brazilian politics works. Their current constitution is about as old as Taylor Swift and were generally controlled by the military until the 1990s. They don't have institutional guardrails like the US has when dealing with populist candidates and their peaceful transfer of power between one administration to another throughout its history is somewhere in the single digits. It doesn't help that Bolsonaro's opponent is about as dumb as he is. So if we think there's food shortages now, Brazil is one of the major exports of iron ore and soy will have a huge impact if there is a political collapse. Again.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Hopefully this doesn’t delay any cocaine smuggling, or there will soon be some severed heads being bowled into truck stop entrances.

14. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's Colombia. The only thing this will affect is the amount of concrete being smuggled into women's asses, so the Kardashians are in some trouble.

15. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

CNN’s article on him was pretty funny:

17. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, um....in a week, Twitter is like...shedding thousands of employees? To the point of absurdity, like...how is this platform supposed to function when no one works there?

Was the plan the entire time to just run this bitch into the ground? Like, the $8/month thing was how a Rick and Morty episode ended. I'm genuinely amazed at how...overtly and publicly shitty this acquisition has been, with not a single attempt at like damage control or PR....none of it.

Some of the stories coming out of this are ridiculous, like how someone who got fired literally locked Elon out of his own account, or how Elon tweeted about "free speech" when advertisers pulled back when all of the sudden the moderation disappeared.

This is some whack-a-douche shit right here. I'm curious if any of the credibility he had with the techie fan boys over the years is still there, or have they turned into the "but he's playing 4-d chess" crowd?

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That one didn't happen, the account that got banned (and has probably been banned for a while) is @eIonmusk where there's a capital i instead of a lowercase L. People (perhaps intentionally) misinterpreted that as Elon himself being banned.

This one did happen, he's a hilariously churlish twat.

19. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At what point do the people who loaned him $12 billion to buy Twitter start to get all lawyer-y on Elon for some of this fuckery?

I also sort of wonder if between this and the Metaverse bullshit, some of the tech giants are setting up for a recession.

20. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's a rumor that Musk ranked his coders' productivity based on number of lines written and fired the ones who wrote the fewest.

There's nothing to substantiate that, but I think it's an amazing idea. I'm picturing this bewildered junior developer who has spent the last 18 months listening to his seniors criticize his overly-verbose commits during their reviews, who has never refactored or edited an existing code base in his life and mostly just copy/pastes from Stack Overflow. He just got promoted to lead because everyone else got shitcanned.

It honestly doesn't sound too far-fetched based on the other stuff Musk has been saying/doing with Twitter.