Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So that when there’s one tweet and its comments that I want to read, usually in order to understand discussion on the board, it won’t stop me and ask me to sign up.

2. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Same thing I use this place for. Or Reddit. I want to entertain myself and pass the time by reading interesting shit from interesting people. That Twitter can also serve as a first-to-know news alert service is a bonus. It also can be a complete cesspool, but that is entirely the product of which accounts you choose to follow. So you folks going in hard on it, I wonder what your Following list looks like.

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

#15303 Aetius, Nov 13, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  4. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jesus Christ.

I'm seeing a trans person at the moment, and getting an education in a lot of stupidity, frustration and downright hatred baked into gender stuff that could be re-thought. It's been an eye-opening experience and I cannot imagine how hard it is to navigate this sort of shit when you're a teenager/twenty-something. That said, everyone has a limit to their ally-hood, and mine is objective fucking reality when it comes to beauty standards. I refuse to be gaslit into thinking that Lizzo, or Jabba in that photo are beautiful, attractive, healthy or Christ in crooked crocs....sexy.

Beauty pageants just need to fuck off and die. Period. Give that scholarship money to literally any other form of competition, and let this archaic, creepy nonsense fucking die.

6. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think he sort of was forced to buy Twitter, and his "out" is to run it into the ground, declare bankruptcy, and get away from it. He's not that stupid, and I cannot fathom having that much in loans against Tesla stock (again, WILDLY OVERVALUED....he knows that number is coming down, and the longer he delays it, the more opportunities he has to mitigate against it).

I also think he simply has no idea how PR works, and sees no issue with doing all of this dumb shit on twitter directly. He can bank on any company-wide correspondence being public knowledge within moments anyway, and the chaos gives him some level of plausible deniability (not my account, not an employee, not a real tweet, kind of thing).

Surely, he has insurance against things like bankruptcy with those loans, and he'll use an army of lawyers and this mutant form of shitz-krieg tanking to prevent accountability from his lenders, minority stakeholders, etc.

That being said, Kanye lost well over a billion dollars in less than 72 hours, all while clearly in the throes of some mental illness, so....yeah, he very well could be.

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think there's an underrated threat to Twitter's ability to hire and retain talent, and that is the fact that anyone still employed at Twitter suddenly has a giant target on their back for harassment from the internet's deepest weirdos. A campaign of harassment is basically a working condition now.

8. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm starting to wonder now if this is why Musk is having so many kids. So when he acquires a new company, his kids can just run it.

That'd probably keep costs super low.

9. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean, a lot of the same reasons you do. I like tweeting stupid shit during ball games with people who are fans of the teams I follow. My awareness of breaking news, especially during events like Election Day, comes primarily through Twitter. If I want more in-depth information about something, I'll go to Reddit, but more often than not, my ADHD ass is content with Tweets. I'd be sad if it went.

10. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thank you for stating something I’ve been feeling so clearly, yet for some reason having a hard time condensing into a sentence.

11. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So are dipshit CEOs.
    [​IMG]

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

13. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

14. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I read a tweet that said (paraphrasing) If Michael Lewis is following you around for an extended period of time, whatever you're doing you should immediately do the opposite.

15. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"No no, continue as you were. I'm just taking notes."

16. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is there an "FTX for Dummies" article that someone can share? Or how this might affect other cryptos?

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

FTX is a crypto exchange platform run by Sam Bankman-Fried. He was lauded as another tech genius. He also founded Alameida Research, which is a hedge fund and is run by his weirdo girlfriend. He was using client money in FTX to fund operations and investments in Alameida without their knowledge. This is fraud. Binance was going to acquire them until this was discovered and shit hit the fan.

Traditional banks are required to maintain a certain percentage of their deposits in cash. If a bank fails or collapses, depositor accounts are insured by the FDIC up to $250K. Crypto exchanges don't have these regulations. When the news broke, there was a run on the exchange by the people who put money into it. He basically had to admit that they did not have the cash-on-hand that they were supposed to and refused to give up the money in the cold storage wallets that only he can access. This immediately plunged FTX into bankruptcy, literally overnight. Now he's hiding in the Bahamas.

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Looks like Russian's famed military competence struck again. And the thing they struck was Polish territory. Two Poles killed. Poland is a member of NATO.

19. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Got news links?

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded