Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As I understand it, Naomi Osaka had a shit ton of her tennis winnings tied up in FTX, and she's lost it all. I wonder if Brady also drank his own kool-aid.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

brady is the type of guy to drink his own cum as a protein shake, what makes you think he wouldn’t also buy into the shit he’s selling

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

FTX Bankruptcy... very entertaining.

https://pacer-documents.s3.amazonaws.com/33/188450/042020648197.pdf

The dude who helped figure out Enron, etc, said this is an all-time new low.

4. I have over 40 years of legal and restructuring experience.I have been the
    Chief Restructuring Officer or Chief Executive Officer in several of the largest corporate failures
    in history. I have supervised situations involving allegations of criminal activity and
    malfeasance (Enron). I have supervised situations involving novel financial structures (Enron
    and Residential Capital) and cross-border asset recovery and maximization (Nortel and Overseas
    Shipholding).Nearly every situation in which I have been involvedhas been characterized by
    defects of some sort in internal controls, regulatory compliance, human resources and systems
    integrity.

5. Never in my career have I seen such a complete failure of corporate
    controls and such a complete absence of trustworthy financial information as occurred here.

From compromised systems integrity and faulty regulatory oversight abroad, to the concentration
    of control in the hands of a very small group of inexperienced, unsophisticated and potentially
    compromised individuals, this situation is unprecedented.​

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I’ll be surprised if there isn’t some kind of SOX or FINRA-style regulation after this for crypto.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It's being used to expedite the digital asset proposals from the CFTC and SEC.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It's right up there with "think of the children!" push for their agenda.

8. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

9. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just wanna know, how many fools, how much of their money?

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I still like him.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How so? They claim it could leave him open to foreign influence...... How? Also, OH NOES!!!?!!!!

Other highlights include. Not many people remember him from his days in college, video game binges, and sleeping in a rented office while not coding. Elon's really got to vet these citizen journalist better if he wants to pimp twitter as such.

14. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, but you like ALL the boys.

15. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the fact that he has a multi-billion dollar supply chain in China, and that a good chunk of his Twitter takeover was financed by the Saudis, are much more worrying sources of foreign influence than "they could reveal that he's a liar and is roughly the same level of illegal immigrant as the former President's wife."

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

[​IMG]

17. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am curious from a technical standpoint if Twitter crashes, or when these features stop functioning.

I saw a reddit thread that basically was saying a crash needs to happen for executives to understand and value engineering, and if a huge swath of them walk out the door and nothing happens, it could be bad for the industry....the same industry that shed upwards of 20,000 jobs in the past few weeks.

I know the trolling fuckery, but has there been any indication of limited functionality or places where it's straight up crashed?

Also, I can't image the FCC not getting involved at some point.

I think Elon running it into the ground may be on purpose (again, forced to buy). This should seriously inspire a bit of a conversation about the role of labor, viability of unions and why we allowed some rich asshole to run his mouth, buy one of the world's most prominent media companies and fuck it to pieces, essentially abusing the rank and file who built the platform over the past few years in the process. Like...this whole episode should burst the bubble around CEO's, cult or not. I also find it interesting that the European arm of Twitter is able to laugh a lot of this off and keep doing what they were doing, because of the labor laws there.

18. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There was that bit where people using 2FA were unable to log back in.

19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

People dramatically overvalue Twitter’s importance. It just doesn’t matter that much.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It's a bullshit theory.

Global infrastructure, like Twitter, is not a fridge... it is constantly being monitored and maintained and repaired. No amount of automation will make it a fridge.

Failure is not an all or nothing thing... guaranteed shit is already broken or breaking, and it's just adding onto the pile. Death by a thousand cuts. Door badges not working, no ability to run payroll, never mind the actual Twitter app infrastructure. Shit is already degrading, it will just take time for it to become blatantly noticeable to morons like Elon.

There will be an irrecoverable exodus of old, smart people that spent 10 years building it. That will never be replaced, especially now that it's a mature, non-public company that can't attract the same level of talent as they used to.

There's no way any kind of exec team looks at Twitter and says "hey, we should do what they're doing."

As to the other layoffs in the industry, I would say it's more getting rid of bloat, or "irrelevant" staff as they pivot to focus on new things. Look at Meta... they got rid of thousands of people that were focused on their social media side, while maintaining their "metaverse" focused staff... this reflects the general shift away from classic social media usage towards a more AR/VR style of end user interaction with the Internet. Even then, it was only 13% of their staff, they still have 70k people employed there.

I know even in my company, while there have been a healthy round of layoffs, it was mostly in areas that just weren't performing or showing the sales/growth that they were hoping for after dumping shit-tons of cash into the attempt. And yet my part of the company is growing like crazy. We have over 1k open headcount that we're looking to hire into. I, personally, have just under 300 open headcount to hire into my group.

The news does a really shitty job of reporting on stuff like this... don't always believe the doom and gloom.