Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

what I don't think he realizes, or perhaps just fails to accept, is that the majority of the country is not republican, or at least leans democrat. It's just that a lot more republicans vote than democrats, so it looks more evenly split. But the advertisers see this, so their "woke" policies aren't so much ultra left, as they are merely a reflection of the pulse of the average consumer. Media companies, especially social media companies, are also a reflection of this, so unless they specifically cater to the far right or far left, their collective "voice" is going to sound a lot like the average American, which again, is going to be heavily skewed toward democrat. So if elon wants to run a right wing social media space, then great, but it's going to be relegated to a much smaller segment of potential users and willing advertisers along with the likes of truth social and parler. Twitter had only recently become profitable, so at the minimum he needed to keep it at the status quo, if not greatly improve upon that to recoup his costs. If he's looking to run it into the ground, then by all accounts he's succeeding beyond anyone's wildest expectations.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

What puzzles me is how not just but millions of people— but how ANYBODY could be upset by this.

Good riddance. Good FUCKING RIDDANCE. And die a horrible death while you’re at it, you deserve it.

#15402 Crown Royal, Nov 20, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
  3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I dont think he wants to destroy it as it would have a cascade effect on his net worth dragging down Tesla as well. Maybe he has the hubris to think he can avoid this and crash the company anyway. Maybe he really thinks he can magic profitability out of it. Feels like he bit off more than he could chew and is struggling to keep it together. What was twitter's goal pre musk interest? They were shedding cash to the tune of billions. They had clearly reached the market place dominance in their space. Uber and Amazon have been incrementally changing their model to at least try to become profitable. Not sure how Twitter had planned on staying solvent as a company but I know little about tech finance.

The about face by a lot of the worshippers is funny to me. Victim of a culture that the company he just bought helped create.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

CBS News already came back to Twitter after quitting what, 24 hours ago?

5. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought they were saying they were just going to discontinue any further monetary spends on Twitter for ads/tweet promotions; not shutting down their actual accounts?

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

They had temporarily paused activity out of an “abundance of caution.”

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

8. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well CLEARLY, the monk is Donald Trump , and the girl with the Twitter logo on her ass is Elon Musk, who wants The Donald's short, mushroom-shaped cock in his South African emerald mine.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The Wotld Cup hasn’t started in Qatar, tet it’s already the worst World Cup ever by far. FIFA managed to replace their piece of shit president with an even BIGGER piece of shit.

Come enjoy an alcohol-free game hosted by shitheel homophobes in a stadium made of 40% concrete, 40% steel and 5% dead construction workers.

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe this speaks to your point, but Ecuador has already beaten Qatar, England stomped Iran, and The Netherlands won over Senegal. USA vs Wales is in 10 minutes.

11. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Even worse than the one in South Africa, where vuvuzelas drowned out all other noises for miles around?

12. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I loved the Vuvuzela Cup, couldn't think of a better example of locals rising up against the rapacious organization.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Canada qualified for the first time ever and Italy didn’t. That should give me every reason to watch it, but fuck it in the ear instead.

What should be interesting is to see if these fourth-generation douchebags around here who suddenly like to pretend they’re Portuguese or German or whatever nation that one of their great-grandparents was born in— will actually cheer for the country they’re FROM.

This is quite a pickle for the poseur soccer culture, which takes up the majority of fans here.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

can't bring myself to watch it over all the slave labor issues. I know I'm just a drop in the bucket, but fuck it. I wish more people (the players and teams) would stand up and speak out about this.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

It should be held in Europe or NA until all these 3rd world shit holes get their act together.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

we don't have enough to sportswash over here. FIFA is all about that bribe money, which they won't get if it's held in places that make legitimate sense.

17. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it’s coming to Houston next time.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

we're fucked

19. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lol. Texas. America's Qatar.

20. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Now Elon has reinstated Marjorie Taylor Green. Did he have a poll for that crazy bitch?