Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well here's a twist: the negotiations were mediated by Mohammed "bonesaw" Bin Salman. So that's... fun.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I don’t know what your point is here. That Biden is helplessly cucked by Putin or that an idiot adult that should have known better is worth releasing a war criminal?

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, that he's hopelessly cucked by the American voter. He did what we wanted him to do, same as he did in Afghanistan.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The ends don’t justify the means in either scenario.

5. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can Biden ever let the words "gun control" pass his old, senile lips after letting an arms dealer loose without bursting into flames? He shouldn't.

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Voters don't care. They want what they want, and they want it last year. The President is Santa and don't tell me those elves don't know how to make a PS5.

7. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't recall ever voting for Afghanistan or the most lopsided prisoner exchange in history.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

This line of thinking is getting sillier. I think you know this is indefensible.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

What we wanted? Are there others aside from that talking skeleton and his psychopathic VP who wanted that dumb bimbo to be released? Much less for this retarded PR stunt?

Bsck in the day you guys at least had the balls to let your globe-hopping dumbasses get their assholes caned when they fuck up, regardless of “public outrage”.

#15569 Crown Royal, Dec 8, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
  10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's not silly at all. Have you seen the way voters talk? They think the President can do anything. They're barely even aware the Congress exists, and the idea that a foreign government can just say "no" is completely beyond them. Even now they're saying that Biden should have secured Griner's release months ago, while giving up nothing for it.

Yes? Are we going to pretend that there wasn't a fair amount of noise to get her back, both from the crowd that wanted her returned for her own sake, and the larger crowd that wanted her returned because civis Americanus sum.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Lowest common denominator. The reason powerful tribes fall out of power is because they get too watered down by these fuckheads.

And put yourself in the position of a Republican right now. How EASY is this to spin, that they sprung some spoiled law-breaking celebrity by cutting a back door deal with the country that is currently committing war crimes against Ukraine.

Christ. They have created a domestic nightmare for their relations team. Gonna be a lot of coffee and ambien on the docket tonight.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

So it’s okay to make stupid decisions because voters are stupid? C’mon.

13. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I believe we call that our sacred democracy.

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

What is there to spin?

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You don’t think there’s going to be exaggeration to follow? That’s not how the game works anymore.

On the bright side, this IS the first time a WNBA trade made national headlines. Maybe people will start buying tickets to the games. To go heckle her.

16. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh, some politician will watch her first game back and then go on Fox News to be outraged about her not standing on the floor during the National Anthem.

18. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait, you think even just wanting her to be released is some unheard of position? C'mon now. You are absolutely clueless about American politics. But yes, I will say that I wanted her to be released and I am glad she is back home. That position is one of the few things I agree with Senator John Cornyn about.

The argument that we shouldn't have swapped the Merchant of Death makes sense, but to not even want her released? That's just un-American.

You don't have some high minded principles about this situation. You just loathe Brittany Griner to a degree that doesn't make much sense. It's almost like her very existence to you is offensive somehow.

19. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, yeah. She throws a ball around for a living, and gets paid many times more than I do.

I hate the existence of cis-gendered white male professional athletes, too.

And make no mistake: if she wasn't a (somewhat) famous*, black, gay woman, her ass would be rotting in the gulag.

*I had only heard of her because of this event. I've never watched a WNBA game, and never will. I haven't willingly watched a sporting event in over twenty years.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I “loathe” how being famous in America gets to a get out oj jail, get out responsibilities and get out of being a giant, lying no-accountNot ever possessing what is considered a narcotic in a foreign country is something that we should know simply from being alive. There is no excuse for ignorance here. In a different country over there she could have been put her on death row, It’s a life sentence in Cuba.

Your country doesn’t own the world, they’ve screwed it up enough already. Follow the goddamn rules where you are. Don’t chew gum in Singapore. Don’t give birth to a daughter in China. And DON’T smuggle drugs fucking anywhere.

#15580 Crown Royal, Dec 8, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2022