Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Also worth noting is that Grant Wahl's widow is on the White House COVID-19 task force, and has a lot of personal cell phone numbers. She has apparently already called Ron Klain about this. They better hope they can get to the bottom of this quickly.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Even if Qatar didn't murder him for wearing an LGBTQ shirt, it's still really bizarre.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Died of boredom from all the WNBA talk in the news.

5. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why blame the WNBA when it’s just as likely he died of boredom watching soccer?

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

That’s a far point. At less WNBA players don’t cry when they go knocked around a bit.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Funniest comment I've seen about her being traded for the warlord was "this is the first time anyone ever knew about a WNBA trade".

8. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's a scary thing, we fucked it up so bad that it might happen more. Not that I'm semi prominent" or anything, but I would like to travel without that worry. It introduced to the world an American weakness that plenty of shithole countries wouldn't mind exploiting for gain.

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Grabbing Americans is a gamble. Maybe we'll pay you, maybe we'll shoot you in the head from a boat.

10. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't want any amount of discomfort or abuse while I'm waiting for the US to decide what to do. I'ma wimp like that.

11. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/13/tesla-stock-down-28percent-since-elon-musk-took-over-twitter.html

Ruh-roh Shraggy. Tesla's stock decline means a couple of things:
    1. Elon's no longer the world's richest man.
    2. The pressure he has on the Twitter venture is increasing.

This has been a matter of time, so it's not a surprise. However, it happening at a time when Elon is being a tremendous twat waffle is (chef's kiss). If it comes out that his Twiter fuckery is responsible for the stock tanking, the other shareholders might have some actions in mind.

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Already reports that he's refusing to pay rent on Twitter's office space, and is contemplating withholding severance payments to former employees. Part of me thinks this dude just loves being in a court room.

13. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the FTC and FCC will be looking into Elon here pretty soon, if not already. Hell, NASA might be checking to see if this is getting excessive for them to deal with SpaceX.

There's something that doesn't sit right about thousands of people working for a company for years, building it from the ground up and then some rich asshole with inflated wealth from a bubble swoops in and runs it into the ground. Even worse that it triggers all sorts of fuckery and idiocy.

It could be that he thinks these things are all inconsequential and he'll swing back out of this...and I kind of doubt it. This isn't like smoking pot on Joe Rogan's show, my man, this is a whole other level of shit storm.

14. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Twat waffle is putting it mildly. I assume he did this for attention, but who knows.
    https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1601894132573605888

15. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Elon has now banned the ElonJet account, banned the personal account of the kid who runs it, stated that he is suing the kid who ran it, and prevented any Twitter account site-wide from posting a link to any of the ElonJet accounts in Instagram/Facebook/etc.

I guess you nerds just don't understand what true Free Speech looks like.

16. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Which is funny since just a month ago he pledged his commitment to free speech was so strong he wasn't going to ban the kid even though he felt it was a personal security risk.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1589414958508691456

17. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You peons think you should be able to say whatever you want about the great and powerful Elon? Pfffft.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Welcome to working in the automotive industry. Although unlike automotive workers, I cannot think of anyone to feel less sorry for than a bunch of self-righteous moral scolds working a fake job for a shitty and completely unnecessary company getting fired. Especially after watching that video of the tour of the Twitter headquarters—a gigantic and glorified adult daycare designed to “relieve the stress and unwind from a hard work day” as if anyone there knows what “working hard” actually means.

Take the tens to hundreds of thousand of dollars you should have saved being paid to judge and edit people’s opinions…. and fuck off. Anybody working for an internet company should at least have enough brains to realize that gravy train you’re riding could be completely dead and over TOMORROW.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It's funny because it's true.

[​IMG]