Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it's more a question of when does the Mexican government stop treating it as a law enforcement issue and start treating it as a civil war. Abandon the idea that you can arrest and prosecute members of the cartel, and just measure success by stacking bodies.

4. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I seriously wonder if the US gets asked to step in at some point.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

They’ve been executing civilians for years and treating people with absolute brutality for the smallest infraction. I’d hate to see what “too far” is.

All the original cartels started enforcement arms with disaffected soldiers from the U.S. and Mexican militaries. Those enforcement groups took over the cartels or broke off and formed their own and they have military-grade weaponry and training. I read some account of how they just kidnapped random people and force them into cartel training camps. If they refuse, they’re murdered on the spot.

I’m not sure what even the Mexican military can do, let alone regular civilians.

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not saying the answer is war crimes... but the answer is war crimes.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Someone watched Sicario last night.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'd love for some crypto-hack funded organization to sponsor a group of highly trained and resourced mercs to just go in and wipe them out. Some Netflix fantasy level shit... some Jack Reacher meets John Wick meets Ghost Company shit.

Turn it into a PPV for the rest of the world.

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The problem is that that cartels are already at the level of highly trained and resourced mercs, just with much deeper pockets. At this point, we're talking about the kind of weaponry that's not just expensive, but that Zelensky has to ask nicely for in order to get.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Treat it as a weapons R&D exercise... untap all the Area 51 shit being done at the various military complexes and treat this as a real world trial.

11. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The only reason that the cartels exist is because the Mexican government ALLOWS them to operate. The Mexican politicians are all as crooked as a dog's hind leg.

If they really wanted help, they could get it.

Don't you think there are legions of US soldiers chomping at the bit to kill real, legitimate bad guys?

Fun fact: I wrote an essay during the Bush Jr. years about the US invading Mexico to "stop cartel violence," but once Mexico was occupied, we used that as a way to take control of their petrochemical industry.
    You know, kind of like something else we did around the same time...

I never got to present that essay, because the instructor canceled the class without notice. Because I didn't get a chance to present my essay, I received no credit for it. I tried appealing to the instructor, but he didn't let me because "my grade average was high enough that I didn't need the points."

Fuck you, Dr. Gomez, you short piece of shit. I made thinly veiled insults at him in the rest of my essays for the remainder of the semester.

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Easy there, James K Polk.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

[​IMG]

14. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That is the only way to stop some things, just have to get rid of one side because they will never stop.

15. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

16. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

https://www.fema.gov/disaster/coronavirus/economic/funeral-assistance

Chances are they are exaggerating a conversation with a applicant services person where they were told, "if the cause of death is pneumonia, we can't provide any assistance. It has to be covid-19 to receive funds."

So a lot of the states whose government said it was a hoax ensured their citizens couldn't get help. Fun and nice of them.

Did we say change the cause of death? Probably...it probably went something like, "yeah man, change it to stupidity and write it in crayon on your own asshole."

If there were fema camps, I'd be treating it like a lame, redneck Coachella having the time of my life, answering every work call sounding like Randy savage.

Hint: I ain't. They are regular old mobile home parks where only a few of the residents' home is paid for by fema.

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Unjustifiably in a position I'd rather not be in, but the bodies float to the top of the flood waters, oh yeahh."

18. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, in general, it's kind of disgusting using personal tragedy to push some sort of agenda, especially when it involves the death of a child. I understand the knee jerk reaction to want to blame the world for something bad happening to you, but putting together a "Defeat The Mandates" rally and making "The Vaccine Killed My Kid" shirts, seems a bit over the top for me.

I know not a lot of you don't go on Twitter, but it's been a complete shit show of #DIEDSUDDENLY trending almost every day and people getting more and more crazy about Covid misinformation. It's gotten to the point where if ANYONE dies of anything, the entire thread is just filled with, were they vaccinated? or someone has to be held accountable for all of these people dying from the jab!!!11!!!1!
    Lisa Marie Presley dies, and almost every tweet about it was vaccine related. Never mind the extensive family history of heart disease, the years of drug abuse, etc, nope...it was 100% the vaccine.
    It's getting wild out there.

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Hired someone last week who's partner is a neuroscientist. Now they work in the "disinformation field," a phrase which was new to me that I also immediately had a thousand questions about. Already knew I wanted to hire the person, and her partner's story was fascinating, and she was more than happy to talk about what she knew. Apparently there is a developing field of work that involves a whack of extremely smart, extremely degreed, and extremely well-paid people fighting idiots like the ones you are describing who spread shit like anti-vax, anti-mask, anti-science crap that is dangerous and gets people killed. I love that we are enabling and rewarding those who want to fight the good fight.

20. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My wife’s aunt had a friend who shot her self in the head. This person had years of depression issues and poorly managed medication. When we found out about her death, before we knew she offed herself, we asked what happened. And her aunt said, “well, she got the vaccine and then it messed with her head more than usual and she died.”

This person is such a fucking retard and so anti Covid vaccine that she finds a way to sneak her beliefs into every single thing. Even the death of her close friend.