Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't worry, those cops will find new jobs in other municipalities.

Hey, remember when I said that all cops are bastards, and everyone collectively said "SHUT UP, BANDIT, THEY'RE JUST DOING THEIR JOB, YOU'RE JUST A FUCKIN' DEGENERATE!"

Good times, good times...

Car guy observation: Memphis PD is still using Dodge Chargers?!

I guess they didn't learn the lesson that the Texas State Troopers did...

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

those cops have already been charged and are out on parole. For their safety, they likely wish they were back behind bars and in PC right now. At this point, with that video evidence, I'm guessing best case scenario is they plea down, get life behind bars and are in protective custody. The moment one of these fucks hits gen pop they're fucked, but don't inmates have "ways" of still getting at people in PC?

This is easily the worst video of police violence I've seen.

I suspect there's also going to be a lot more cops charged than just the initial 5. Looks like at least another handful of them were accessory to murder, if not directly involved.

3. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why would they be worried? If anybody gives them any trouble, they’ll just BATON THE FUCK OUT OF ‘EM!

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I cannot wait for enough time to pass -- like 20 or 30 years in this case probably -- to be able to use that as a joke irl

5. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Out on BOND, not parole. They haven't been convicted yet.

Parole means you served time in prison, and you're out on a probationary basis (but it's not "probation;" that's a whole different jurisdiction. Ask me how I know.).

And whether or not people in PC can get hit depends entirely upon the prison they are in. Some are a tight ship, some (many) are a leaky boat.

6. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is there any info on the reason for this? Like, what set this off? The videos start with sudden “GET OUT OF THE FUCKING CAR” like this guy was Public Enemy No. 1.

It’s just fucking brutal. Is training for pepper spray in the academy so grueling that dealing with it on the job results in murder?

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

yeah that was a whoopsies. I know the difference, just brain fart.

Would not surprise me at all if some corrections officer happened to be looking the other way while they were watching these guys and let them get Epsteined. They're giving every cop and bootlicker a bad name.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Memphis Police Chief: "the video will answer all questions"

the video: "no I will fucking not"

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

and the more I see this video the worse it gets. The fucking cop who kicked him in the head ends up limping. Fucking dipshit hurt his leg from kicking him in the head so hard. How hard do you have to fucking kick a guy to do that?

All these cops out on BAIL (sorry Dixie) are now endangering their families or whomever they're living with. 100% there's some street justice coming their way before court will ever get to them. This is so much worse than anything I've ever seen. Holy fuck.

10. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Narrator: "There was no street justice."

These guys are still buddies with all the other cops, and they look out for one another. The other cops on the force are just pissed that those guys got caught.

I'm seriously surprised that they left their body cameras on. Cops turn them off all the time.

11. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wouldn’t be surprised if they have some of their friends guarding their homes in the meantime.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

This is not an anomaly, this is not the worst incident. The LAPD beat people into comas before breakfast daily. The NYPD rape immigrants with flashlights. The Chicago police have a known black site where they openly torture and “disappear” minorities. No hyperbole there, all facts.

Police officers are not individuals, so they cannot be treated as them. When they fuck up, they need to be punished as one because they are not policing each other as required by the law they swore an oath to. Cops, not citizens, are shitting the bed. So, take all lawsuits out of their pensions, remove all qualified immunity, ban arbitration and stop suspending them with pay. If they want there precious money, they can go to court like every one else has to whenever they choose to fuck up our lives.

Reforming the police DOESN’T work, creating policies and committees doesn’t work. Punishment is the only effective method. And it needs to be as public a shaming as possible, every time.

Cops would be fine if they stopped bitching about being scrutinized and were simply better at their jobs. It really is that simple— THEY created this climate for themselves, so fucking uncreate it.

13. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Until you cite specific daily incidents, the above is in fact hyperbole.

Also, Thomas Durkin, the defense attorney for the NATO 3 also calls it hypobole in his 2016 article from The Chicago Sun Times: "It is not my practice to defend the Chicago Police Department, as usually I am a critic. But the hyperbolic news coverage of the Homan Square police facility compels me to speak out..Homan Square is hardly a black site by any stretch of the imagination"

hy·per·bo·le
    /hīˈpərbəlē/

noun
    1. exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
    Policing has serious issues with multiple complex nuaces, but keep trivializing it by doing you.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is just weird fantasy. Have a retired CO that works part time at my job and Ive talked to a couple other that have said the "meeting out of justice" and the actual levels of rape like TV's make you think just dont happen anymore. Derek Chauvin some how hasnt been snuffed out in lock up........

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The place fucking exists, and the things that hsooebed there happened. Deal with it. Things that happen at Homan Square include:
    • Keeping arrestees out of official booking databases.
    • Beating by police, resulting in head wounds.
    • Shackling for prolonged periods.
    • Denying attorneys access to the “secure” facility.
    • Holding people without legal counsel for between 12 and 24 hours, including people as young as 15.

At least one man was found unresponsive in a Homan Square “interview room” and later pronounced dead.

You’re right. Policing has serious issues. The issues are primarily the people who are police officers, and the people who are always, always there to make excuses and apologize for them.

#15695 Crown Royal, Jan 28, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  16. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean, it does and it doesn't. There's gotta be a reason for it. It's not like you go to prison for a DUI and suddenly you're being anally raped and having swastikas carved into your ass. But on the other hand, if you were, say, the leader of the Winter Hill gang, you just might get beat to death with a padlock wrapped in a sock.

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I fucking knew someone would bring up Whitey Bulger. The outlier that was so egregious they had a federal investigation. I mean prison is no walk in the park and certainly extortion rackets and sexual assaults happen. Protective custody generally keeps high profile inmates from having that blood lust justice meted out like so many wish to see.

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I brought up Whitey Bulger because apparently my Aunt was living close to him for years and never spotted him. She grew up in Boston during the period when he was active. I expected better sleuthing on her part.

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In the latest example of why the MainStream Media is past irrelevancy:
    ap1.jpeg

followed by this hapless retraction:
    ap2.png

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

If she’s looking for a consolation prize, Kevin Weeks hangs out at a dive bar called Croake Park all the time.