Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I get shorthand back in the T9/160 characters age, but my biggest pet peeve in all those texts is that he doesn't know how to spell "pussy"

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

[​IMG]

When did he start doing the Mexican soap opera look?

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Wait... is that Vince? HOLY FUCK.

He looks like a character out of Brazil.

[​IMG]

4. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

yeah, that’s Vince.

we’re talking about Vincent Price, right?

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

What do you know, Vince McMahon after over 42 years suddenly and coincidently resigned his position as chairman of WWE.

6. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

7. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is Iran truly dead set on baiting us into a war? What’s their end game here?

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Population control?

9. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

IRAN isn't baiting us into war... The Houthis are.

Don't you see the difference?

Neither can I.

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I'm getting eager for the US military to give these shitheels* a real smackdown, and show where all of our tax dollars are going.
    If I'm going to go without free medical care, I want Islamic extremist to die.
    Fuck you if you disagree with me. Those same Islamic goat-fuckers would hate everyone on this board. You WOULD NOT want to live in a majority Islamic country; Islam is a cancer upon humanity. All religion is, but Islam is the worst, by a huge margin.

*Iran, Russia, Hamas, etc.

10. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Houthis are Iranian backed proxies, just like Hamas and Hezbollah.

11. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think anybody here disagrees with you bud.
    But shouldn't Jordan be the one leading the charge on this? It was their sovereign territory that was bombed.

12. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The question is never "what the fuck were they doing there in the first place?" which continues to baffle me.

The US's lack of solidarity for Ukraine (which should be the biggest fucking no-brainer in foreign policy history), and the timid responses to aggression from other vectors has emboldened some of the groups that would otherwise be quiet. Also, the international community's support of Pakistan has led to some...mis-interpretations of support among groups similar to Hamas.

Similarly, the fact that most of the EU could be doing more to support Ukraine and isn't suggests that the appetite for intervention in the ME is at an all-time low.

If the stated goal is to make the US leave these military posts, then this kind of thing is certainly helping nudge things in that direction: ramping up security, international incident, etc. raises the costs, both financial and social.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

A friend lives in Canada. Her husband has some chronic medical conditions, so they make very frequent use of their healthcare. Unfortunately, so does everyone else. I don't envy the stories of them waiting in line 4+ hours to get prescribed an inhaler or some shit, when I get to telemed with my doctor and get covid therapeutics sent to my pharmacy, the likes of which are only available to them if they are hospitalized.

Anyway, to my point: yesterday we worked out what she pays in tax dollars for her "free" healthcare (highest income bracket) and my guestimate of what I'm going to pay this year, plus how much I pay in private, objectively better healthcare. Yeah she pays more for sub-par healthcare.

14. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone following the Jennifer Crumbley trial, the first parent on trial for manslaughter for their role in a school shooting? Crossing my fingers for a guilty and a lengthy sentence. Same for the father that gets tried in March.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

If there was ever a moment where someone felt a fleeting bit of sympathy for his parents, that will evaporate quickly after reading about their behavior in the lead-up to the shooting;

https://abcnews.go.com/US/ethan-crumbley-intends-plead-stand-mothers-trial/story?id=106705675

They had every opportunity to step in and did absolutely nothing. If he was a full-grown adult out on his own, that would be one thing. But he was 15 and his parents failed in their number one job.

16. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So much inexcusable neglect and disregard for signs and evidence the boy was headed down a dark path. "Get him a gun, it'll cheer him up!" Stupid fucks.

From what testimony I've seen, mainly the examination and cross examination of the gun store clerk, ol' Jen is trying to hang it all on the husband. I'm sure they're hoping for a not guilty verdict to somehow set up his defense when he's in court, and why they fought so hard for separate trials.

Like an acquaintance of mine that got two DUIs in a couple of weeks. Got convicted of the second one first so the first DUI couldn't be introduced as evidence in the second, because it wasn't a conviction. And the second couldn't be introduced in the first, because it hadn't happened yet at the time of the first. Probably helped that the arrests happened in two different counties. I'm sure the lawyers have some kind of plan, bullshit like that, hope it fails.

17. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

No shit she is, that no-account flooze. Hopefully this will set a trend that irresponsible parenting could put you in prison— It should. It’s a shame it’s taken this long for something like this to happen. Now jail his lowlife dad too.

19. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm happy for a guilty verdict in this case. However, the prosecution definitely went a direction I thought had some issues. They made it about affairs, about a dirty house, and hobbies not including the kid, like the horses, more than I would have hoped. While likely they did that because of the defense strategy, the defense did open the door to the affair that had previously been excluded, it still felt a little far from what I thought the case should be about. About gun purchase laws and careless storage, about disregard of signs of mental instability. They brought up things that don't necessarily equal criminal negligence or recklessness in a case that boils down to just that, and it wasn't well defended. I guess it is tough to present evidence of neglect without showing what else occupied the neglector's time?

It felt... dirty, even though it was the outcome I wanted and still believe in. I hope it is a rare thing, parents being charged. Mainly because I hope it convinces a lot more people to take gun storage seriously, because keeping them out of a troubled kid's hands should be the top priority. I hope this precedent doesn't lead to bad policy that takes down decent parents that are trying to do their best, because it's now a possibility. But, we did it, we got what many of us wanted. Let's all hope the right people learn from it and we move forward with good intentions and standards for prosecution.

I honestly didn't think they would convict her, because she tried to put it all on the father since it was his name on the gun paperwork, him and Ethan in the gun dealer, and he was supposed to be in charge of storage. I think it's almost certain the father gets found guilty now.

#16619 Fiveslide, Feb 7, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2024
  20. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe the grody house and infidelity were used to bolster the instability argument?